MERGED: Wade Smith May Play Center | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Wade Smith May Play Center

Jaj said:
Tim Ruddy very strong.... :shakeno:

I wouldn't even begin to know how to find it but as I recall Cruddywas one of the strongest on the 315 bench... I always had trouble with this because it seemed he spent most of his time on his shoulderblades in the backfield.

uncle don said:
Cryznick--if you'll go back and edit that last post with some punctuation maybe I can figure out exactly what you said.:eek:

:roflmao: thats funny cause your know your wrong so you need to find out some other way to get your last word in, im not writing essays here, if you cant read it maybe your the one who is the unintelligent one.

cnc66 said:
I wouldn't even begin to know how to find it but as I recall Cruddywas one of the strongest on the 315 bench... I always had trouble with this because it seemed he spent most of his time on his shoulderblades in the backfield.

The only reason he ever made the Pro Bowl was one season that he never made a mistake and was relatively healthy. If he had strength that makes no sense because we never got much out of the run game behind him. The only time we got budge was with underrated Kevin Donalley and Todd Wade on the right side.

84needs1000yds said:
I dunno why you guys are getting upset abou this, Smith did an awsome job at LT in his rookie season when he weighed around 290 lbs. He has put on some muscle mass and could be awsome at ceneter. The fact is we have more glaring holes like our Running back and Qb then our offensive line. Would you rather have Mckiney, I wouldn't, Hadnot maybe able to do the job but Smith has proven him self as a starter when we went 10-6 (those were the days)
LT McDougle
LG James
C Smith/Hadnot
RG Carey
RT St. Clair

No way McDougle can play LT

Cryznick I can read your post but I'm not sure where your emphasis is. You have to know this--A center cannot go to the line of scrimmage and make a "line call" that everyone sticks with. Zone blitzes and overloads necessitate adjustments on the move. There was no simplifing anything for Seths' inadequacies at all; running backs and Feeley, but not Seth. All a center can do is give everyone the same place to start from and at times he can slide the protection one way or the other if the defense is showing something pre snap. That seldom happens anymore and when it does it is usually a disguise. Besides, I'm quite positive I'm more familiar with "line calls" and talent evaluations than you because I've been in football longer than you've been alive.

uncle don said:
Cryznick I can read your post but I'm not sure where your emphasis is. You have to know this--A center cannot go to the line of scrimmage and make a "line call" that everyone sticks with. Zone blitzes and overloads necessitate adjustments on the move. There was no simplifing anything for Seths' inadequacies at all; running backs and Feeley, but not Seth. All a center can do is give everyone the same place to start from and at times he can slide the protection one way or the other if the defense is showing something pre snap. That seldom happens anymore and when it does it is usually a disguise. Besides, I'm quite positive I'm more familiar with "line calls" and talent evaluations than you because I've been in football longer than you've been alive.

what constitutes you been in football, ive played for 13 years, 4 year of pop warner, 4 years of high school and 5 year in college (being redshirted my freshman year)

Back
Top Bottom