MERGED: Wannstedt Poll (Fins fans only) | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Wannstedt Poll (Fins fans only)

jaketaylor said:
I say No.

What is it going to take? I mean, what EXACTLY is it going to take to show the fan base that Dave is not the guy to lead the Dolphins to the Super Bowl? Remember the Lobster trap??

What about the lobster trap? Are you actually implying he lost the game for his team when he tried to remind them that game was a trap game?

Gimme a break!

Oliver...

PhinstiGator said:
Content? I haven't been content in 30 years. How could anything short of a superbowl victory make any football fan content?

I'm not content to over-simplify everything and lay the total weight of failure onto the shoulders of one man. As great as Shula was, he went two decades without reaching the goal. As great as Marino was, he went 17 years without reaching his goal.

Football is still a team sport. The coach on the sideline can not will the team to the superbowl. He can only prepare them for the journey. As valuable as the QB position might be...it still takes a great defense to win a championship. As long as the football is shaped the way it is...there will always be a measure of chance in every football game. No great coach or great QB can control which way that ball bounces.

I'm not content to pretend that a handful of disgruntled fans know more about leading this team than the current coaching staff. I have no faith in those fans ability to make the right decisions to make this a better team. I'm not content to only look backwards to divine the future. I'm not content to give up before this season even begins because everything doesn't happen the way I want it to. Football is a tough sport. It's a violent sport. I won't be content until the Miami Dolphins are the last TEAM standing.

:up: Very nice post. :up:

Wish I had written it myself.

jaketaylor said:
I say No.

What is it going to take? I mean, what EXACTLY is it going to take to show the fan base that Dave is not the guy to lead the Dolphins to the Super Bowl? Remember the Lobster trap??

I would need to see the team under perform. I would need to see a team that is generally deemed by football experts to have no major flaws and still be unable to make a run at the SB.

Then my conclusion would be that I, personally, don't want to wait any longer.

I would still not claim to 'see' the future.

MajorCanz said:
Theres been a little debate here with some posters.

So here's the deal.

If you are optimistic and have faith that Dave Wannstedt will turn this franchise around, take us deep into the playoffs and get a contract extension, please respond with "yes".

If you think that Dave will not turn this franchise around, will not take us deep into the playoffs, and will not finish out his contract, please respond with "No".

It would be great if we could put our comments in a separate thread. This should be interesting and give us much fodder for debate in the coming days.

NO..........NO...........NOOOOOOO !

However, my greatest fear is that he'll still be here to see his contract thru. wayne hasn't the balls to fire him. At least JJ had the common decency to just quit!

NO.
People try to down play the importance of coaching. I am not saying coaches are miracle workers. The best coach in the world could not take a college team and win the SB for ex, but coaches more than any other person can change the out come of a game.
Certain coaches insure their team will not win. Other coaches give their team the best possible chance to win. A great example of this was when the Rams played the Pats in the SB. The Rams had more talent than the NFL pro-bowl team, while the Pats should not have had enough talent to make the playoffs. The confidence a coach gives his players in crunch time is something that changes the outcome of games. Players need to be able to react rather than think. Thinking takes time. The thinking should be done during the week. Some of the simplest defenses have been some of the best. It is not so much about Xs and Os as it is about attitude. A lot of things can go wrong to destroy a teams confidence. Some times injuries do more to destroy confidence than they do to actually influence the game. Belichick proved this year that that can be overcome.
Some think if someone is a great coordinator then they should be a great HC. This is simply not the case. Martz was a solid coordinator, but there is no one I would rather play in a big game than Martz. Unless he has a LOT more talent, he will find a way to lose the game. The panthers game last year was another great example of him finding ways to lose rather than win. Dave is a good coordinator, not a good coach.
Dave's teams have always went slowly down hill. This is not to say coaches can't learn as they go. Belichick was not the man with the Browns that he is with the Pats. But I really believe Dave will never have what it takes to lead a team to the SB...EVER. He seems like a great guy to play for, and a super nice guy. The players like him, but that is not always a good thing. I am not saying you have to always be a butt head to your players, but they need to respect you more than like you. You MUST INSTILL confidence. I really don't think I could follow Dave into battle. He is too worried about what the other guy is going to do to take over and win. He is more worried about losing than excited about winning.

Yes!

Not because of DW, but because of AJ, RW, and DB.
You gotta have hope!

_

The lobster trap comment was more of a joke then anything else. Dave doesnt get respect from the players and that in itself dooms him as a head coach. Someone talked about seeing into the future. No need too when you just look at the past. Dave will NEVER lead the Dolphins to a Super Bowl. Wont even get to one. Not even close.

Some say that is naysaying and too negative to be a Dolphins fan, but thats the way I see it. I actually feel worse for the fans who expect this season to be a smashing success with Fredo at the helm. The window for this version of the Dolphins is closing fast and with Dave around for two more seasons, it is slamming shut and the glass is shattering.

NCFINFAN38 said:
NO.
People try to down play the importance of coaching. I am not saying coaches are miracle workers. The best coach in the world could not take a college team and win the SB for ex, but coaches more than any other person can change the out come of a game.
Certain coaches insure their team will not win. Other coaches give their team the best possible chance to win. A great example of this was when the Rams played the Pats in the SB. The Rams had more talent than the NFL pro-bowl team, while the Pats should not have had enough talent to make the playoffs. The confidence a coach gives his players in crunch time is something that changes the outcome of games. Players need to be able to react rather than think. Thinking takes time. The thinking should be done during the week. Some of the simplest defenses have been some of the best. It is not so much about Xs and Os as it is about attitude. A lot of things can go wrong to destroy a teams confidence. Some times injuries do more to destroy confidence than they do to actually influence the game. Belichick proved this year that that can be overcome.
Some think if someone is a great coordinator then they should be a great HC. This is simply not the case. Martz was a solid coordinator, but there is no one I would rather play in a big game than Martz. Unless he has a LOT more talent, he will find a way to lose the game. The panthers game last year was another great example of him finding ways to lose rather than win. Dave is a good coordinator, not a good coach.
Dave's teams have always went slowly down hill. This is not to say coaches can't learn as they go. Belichick was not the man with the Browns that he is with the Pats. But I really believe Dave will never have what it takes to lead a team to the SB...EVER. He seems like a great guy to play for, and a super nice guy. The players like him, but that is not always a good thing. I am not saying you have to always be a butt head to your players, but they need to respect you more than like you. You MUST INSTILL confidence. I really don't think I could follow Dave into battle. He is too worried about what the other guy is going to do to take over and win. He is more worried about losing than excited about winning.

I could not agree more, I hope I'm wrong I hope he will win us a SB. He reminds me of a little league football or baseball coach what ever a player does wrong they get rubbed of the head as long as you had fun we will get'em next week yes with the media he say's we got to do this better we played sorry but does he have the balls to get in a players face a do that. You can say what you want to I know it would do a team good to get a coach during the game to grab team by their hemet and say that was a stupid play.

No the coach cannot play for the players. I bet if you could get a coach like Brian Belick or BB with the talent we have you could see a difference in play. Look at Brian Belicks team way less talent playoffs it is as simple as that.

I am not a Wanny hater I like him I want him to win us a SB. I just think the team is lazy playing under him.

The fins remind me of my favorite Baseball team Atlanta Braves. Do good most of the season get lazy at the end of the season don't care if they win or not.

NO. I agree with NC fan. Wanny hasn't surrounded himself with enough coaches to win. If Mare improves upon last season then I believe we will make the playoffs. We have no offensive coordinator and a sub par special teams coach. At some point Keith Armstrong and whoever this OC is are going to cost us dearly.

sbh1602 said:
I'm not your friend.

And this type of childish, racial remarks are the type of things that give us, americans, a bad rep. But ultimately, it's not my problem, so I'm just going to keep on :roflmao: ...

Have a nice day.

I had stop reading this thread for a few days because, quite frankly, trying to talk with MajorCanz was like :wall: . So I decided to check in today just to see what's going on. An low and behold, MajorCanz is banned. Surprise, surprise. With comments like the one he made towards you sbh, I am glad.
We are all Phins fan, albeit with differing opinions on alot of things, but that is what makes it fun. Comments like that one have no place here.

pigskinguy said:
I had stop reading this thread for a few days because, quite frankly, trying to talk with MajorCanz was like :wall: . So I decided to check in today just to see what's going on. An low and behold, MajorCanz is banned. Surprise, surprise. With comments like the one he made towards you sbh, I am glad.
We are all Phins fan, albeit with differing opinions on alot of things, but that is what makes it fun. Comments like that one have no place here.
The dummest thing is, it wasn't even accurate... I'm not really mexican... however, I do detest that type of comments. Specially when they're accompanied by a mean stripe.

sbh1602 said:
The dummest thing is, it wasn't even accurate... I'm not really mexican... however, I do detest that type of comments. Specially when they're accompanied by a mean stripe.

Dude just looked at your location and assumed you were Mexican, which isn't even the point anyway. Stupid is as stupid does.

pigskinguy said:

I can't believe you're back. According to MajorCanz, I was intimidating you...
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom