MERGED: Wednesday 08/04/04 Morning - TWO REPORTS | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Wednesday 08/04/04 Morning - TWO REPORTS

Sammy Knight had a very good prac today, stopping the run nicely a few times and picking off AJ in the end zone to end his 2 min drill.

Ozzy said:
So that was you in the top row without a shirt?

Yeah I'm trying to show the Dolphins what they're missing ;)

Don't tell me you were the guy I was talking to the whole time?

Dolphanaholic said:
FinFlurry
I sometimes wonder if you are really paying attention and getting the players numbers mixed up?

I'm sure I've mixed up a ton of numbers...I'm doing my best bro, I don't exactly have the best eyesight in the world and the sun is raping my eyes, sorry for any mix ups.

Ozzy said:
I was not sure who it was, but I had thought at the time it was Sammy Morris, but i'll take your word on it since all I saw was the Number ! on the back from where I sat. But what happened was one of the lineman was still engaged as the play ended, and he fell right on top of his stomach. He had the wind knocked out of him.

Yeah I thought it was 81, could have been 31 though, if so my bad yet again...

fins2923 said:
Was there as well. Boston was held out of everythig except the walk thrus(no explanation yet), so thats he was not active today. Flurry was accurate with the exception of that bc it was DT and Newson that made some of the catches mentioned earlier. Chambers also was held out after the red zone drill TDs bc of an upper right leg injury. It was wrapped with ice and he did not participate the rest of the way, but he was outstanding till that pt. Will Poole I believe also was forced to leave, but Im not exactly sure why.
I would agree that both QBs had moments but this was the best ive seen AJ so far, as he had a nice rhythm with Chris today. Jay was ran the 2 min drill very well to end practice, very smooth running with mostly the #2s in the drill.
Our young LBs were very active today especially Bua. He forced 2 fumbles and put a nice lick on Russell, even though it was supposed to be a non tackling day.

Yeah I always mix up Thompson and Boston, those two look like one another, they have nearly the same body build, and one is 88 and one is 80...my bad lol. I agree with everything else you said, AJ I thought performed well earlier and Jay performed well towards the end. Nice write up though.

FinFan24 said:
Thx FinsFlurry & BlitzKrieg! Appreciate it alot!

Have you noticed Sammy Knight at all? I was hoping for a big year out of him. Hes been fairly quiet in Miami, and was thinking he might have a breakout year. But I dont think ive heard his name at all in anyones TC reports? So, anything u noticing at all?

He's been playing pretty well, he had a nice read and pick yesterday and has been solid in run coverage. He was active today, here's a blurb from Fins2923:

Sammy Knight had a very good prac today, stopping the run nicely a few times and picking off AJ in the end zone to end his 2 min drill.

BLITZKRIEG said:
If the mods want to merge this, go for it....

HOT!!! :fire: NO RAIN TODAY!!! :D

The drills went well, and there was plenty of action watching the OL coach T. Wise get this OL in gear. They are working extra hard to feild a solid core, and it's showing IMO. The OL has looked better over the last few days from my perspective....

The passing drill went well, and there were only a couple of poor passes. TE R. McMike has got to start focusing harder on making the catch. He's been dropping good passes lately IMO....

AJ Feely - I think AJ looked better than Fiedler today. He's got zip, and good accuarcy. During the redzone drills, he hooked up several times with Chambers, and Newson. His ball velocity is making him a fan favorite over Fielder IMO. He gets the pass in there very quick, and maks it difficult for defenders to react. Feeley is coming along very well IMO....

J. Fiedler - I like Jay, and I can telll he's working hard to keep Feeley behind him. IMO, Jay still needs to work on his accuracy, and his arm strength when throwing outside. I see high passes, and some that don't have much on them. His overall performance was solid today, but he's still not throwing it with the kind of power Feeley has been demonstrating....

S. Rosenfels - He looks like Sage. He's got the arm, but his head isn't quite there yet. He had a decent day. Nothing special...

Overall, these QB's are looking good. They aren't lighting it up, but they are completing most of their passes. It's hard to tell who has the advantage right now, but I love watching Feeley throw. He's got great touch too, which I really like on the deep throws....

The run game looked stronger today than usual too fro what I saw. RB S. Morris is the leader right now IMO. His size, and power are pushing the hole. His speed isn't blazing, but he gets those extra yards with his determination. As for RB T. Minor, he's still looking good. He's got great hands out of the backfield, and can make people miss with his cuts. He'll be fun to watch this year. RB F. Russell continues to learn, and as smnall as he is, he's a tough little guy. He may be a sleeper this year if he can win a roster spot....

The OL did very good today IMO. They held up well against the pass rush, and they were able to run with more success today IMO. This group still needs and identity, but it's coming along well thus far. They have been busting their humps this off-season, and I hope all of the hard work pays off...

WR D. Boston hasn't been very active. He's been more of a decoy thus far in TC IMO. He's taking tons of pressure off of the other WR's, and taht's why he's not getting much thrown his way...

WR C. Chambers is looking great. If he continues, he'll be one of the best WR's in the AFC East. He's making all the catches, and doing it in traffic as well. I've got high expectations for him in 2004...

WR JR Tolver is emerging IMO. He needs more opportunity from this CS IMO. He's big, and has very good hands. I hope he gives DT a run for the #3 this pre-season...

WR D. Thompson is looking like his old self from the 2003 TC's. He's making good catches, and finding the open spot well. He needs to become a more reliable outlet this year IMO. His size alone should be enough to make him more physical in the opposing secondary....

The defense is going to be outstanding this year with or without O-Gun IMO. We've got the DL stacked, and a secondary that will shut offenses down. No worries here at all. They look very strong everywhere....

PHINZ RULE!!! :band: :rockon: :band2:

Great write-up, guess we've been seeing the same things the past couple days. I agree with you, I like to watch AJ pass so much more than Jay, he just makes it look nicer. He was real good early on but I felt he faded a bit at the end, he's still holding on to the ball a little too long for my taste. But I have to agree with pretty much everything you said.

Maggot Brain said:
In your scrimmage 2 write up I saw that Leonard Henry carried the ball today. From this can we assume his strained quadriceps injury yesterday was not a big deal? Did he look like he was favoring it?
Also, from everything I've heard and read (including your comments above) about Rex Hadnot it sounds like the guy might be the road grading type of mauler Miami is always looking for at the guard position. Up to this point has he only lined up as the second team center or has he seen any time at guard? I would think such an increase in positional versatility would really elevate his value and nearly cement a roster spot.

He ran fine, he didn't get alot of looks as usual. He did look like he pulled up a bit lame on a couple plays.

Hadnot has been strictly second team guard/center, the funny thing is sometimes he'll line up at G and Whitley at C, I don't understand the thinking on that one though. He can definitely backup all three interior line positions IMO.

Finsflurry said:
Yeah I'm trying to show the Dolphins what they're missing ;)

Don't tell me you were the guy I was talking to the whole time?

LMAO!!! That would have been funny huh? But no that's not me, but I have seen that dude before.

I just thought that might be you because you were taking notes. I was over by Drews Brother, not too far from you.

As for mixing up numbers, it's very easy too, especially when they use the far field!!! I hate that.

I was not sure who it was, but there was a one in the number.

Also I gotta say that I had never read that Henry was hurt yesterday, and I thought he was held out today?

28, and 26 are the easiest numbers to get mixed up if you ask me. I've done it plenty of times.

Does it look as if anyone is stepping up as a back up fullback to Rob now that Sammy has been moved to tailback? I'm curious to see if Doug Easlick and Ben Moa are making a push for a roster spot.

KBISBACK said:
Does it look as if anyone is stepping up as a back up fullback to Rob now that Sammy has been moved to tailback? I'm curious to see if Doug Easlick and Ben Moa are making a push for a roster spot.

Easlick has had a few nice blocks KB, and Moa has actually caught a few out of the backfield. Neither has really stepped up or proven they deserve a job on an NFL roster, I mean alot of teams in the NFL don't even use a fullback, I really don't see the need to keep 2 on the roster. Morris was gonna be the backup but he's too good of a runner to be a fb...

Ozzy said:
LMAO!!! That would have been funny huh? But no that's not me, but I have seen that dude before.

I just thought that might be you because you were taking notes. I was over by Drews Brother, not too far from you.

As for mixing up numbers, it's very easy too, especially when they use the far field!!! I hate that.

I was not sure who it was, but there was a one in the number.

Also I gotta say that I had never read that Henry was hurt yesterday, and I thought he was held out today?

28, and 26 are the easiest numbers to get mixed up if you ask me. I've done it plenty of times.

I thought I saw 26 a couple times today, but yeah I didn't hear anything either. Those numbers are hella hard to differentiate.

Come say whats up next time you see me tanning in the bleachers :)

Well I went today as well but it looks like Finflurry and Ozzy covered everything that happened. I will make a couple of points though.

1) Holy crap!! There were a TON of little kids today. Is this normal? I know during mini-camp there weren't nearly as many people or any little kids (probably in school).
2) It was freaking hot!
3) I got a whole 2 autographs on my mini-helmet today. First, was Vernon Carey (BOOOO.... I hate the Hurricanes) and then I got Ed Perry. Nothing too great but it will add nicely to my collection.

With all the little kids out there I thought way more players would sign but, I guess I was wrong. I would say that only 6-7 players signed and the only starters were Carey and McMichael (that I saw at least).

To Ozzy and Finflurry

When you walk into the practice area (right near the concessions stand) there is a guy that sells game used shoes, facemasks, etc. If it would be possible could one of you pick up a Chris Chambers facemask for me if they become available? The guy told me they cost $25 for the facemask so I would pay either of you for that and the cost of shipping plus, a little extra for your trouble. I would have bought one myself but they didn't have any players that I was too interested in.

#84Fan4Life said:
Well I went today as well but it looks like Finflurry and Ozzy covered everything that happened. I will make a couple of points though.

1) Holy crap!! There were a TON of little kids today. Is this normal? I know during mini-camp there weren't nearly as many people or any little kids (probably in school).
2) It was freaking hot!
3) I got a whole 2 autographs on my mini-helmet today. First, was Vernon Carey (BOOOO.... I hate the Hurricanes) and then I got Ed Perry. Nothing too great but it will add nicely to my collection.

With all the little kids out there I thought way more players would sign but, I guess I was wrong. I would say that only 6-7 players signed and the only starters were Carey and McMichael (that I saw at least).

To Ozzy and Finflurry

When you walk into the practice area (right near the concessions stand) there is a guy that sells game used shoes, facemasks, etc. If it would be possible could one of you pick up a Chris Chambers facemask for me if they become available? The guy told me they cost $25 for the facemask so I would pay either of you for that and the cost of shipping plus, a little extra for your trouble. I would have bought one myself but they didn't have any players that I was too interested in.

1. They ship a whole bunch of kids every morning, I think it's called JR Training Camp or something. They get their own section, they get autographs, then they get to play on the field when practice is over...wish I was still 10.
2. I hate the damn heat, bring me some rain and wind instead.
3. JT is usually signing them, I wonder what happened to him.

I think I know who you're talking about, do you know what day he will have the facemasks available? If you can find that out for me I'll do it for you no problem.

Back
Top Bottom