merged: what can we give Washington/Sean Taylor? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged: what can we give Washington/Sean Taylor?

GRYPHONK said:
Oh give it a rest. Of course it isn't.

But we are talking about a pregnant woman and a Football star who's position makes him very physically fit. Not much of a challenge.

If you want it to be fair why don't you put him up against Karen Mok or Charlene Choi. Then let's see how big of a tough guy he is.

It's not right either way.

Sorry Byroan if you meant this in some other light. It's late and I am tired. But whether it's ok for a woman to do it or not doesn't justify or make anything better or acceptable

Anybody, whether they are big or not has a right to defend themself if they are being hit. That defense has to be appropriate to the threat. Pushing somebody away who is hitting you may or may not be appropriate depending on how hard you do it. None of us were there and as far as I know there was nothing in the police report that indicated the force (ie. she flew across the bathroom or she had injuries). The fact that he was arrested does not, in and of itself, mean he did anything wrong. I used to work in the domestic violence courts in Dade County. On many occassions I have seen arrests were the arrested party did nothing more than grab the arms of the person striking them. Some people bruise easily and this results in visible injuries. The police officer can't always tell whether the bruising was the result of the protective grab or b/c of a blow from the person claiming all they did was grab to protect. So, they arrest. The point is that we don't know what happened. Too many people are jumping to conclusions and calling RM a wife beater. He may or may not be, but making that assumption on the basis of the arrest alone is incredibly naive.

razorphin said:
Ricky has no trade value right now! Washington would want first round value for Taylor.

Exactly. We may not even be able to get a 5th rounder for Ricky if we placed him on the trade block right away.

But if we get Taylor we can't move Zach Thomas to safety :shakeno:

canesfins13 said:
Punk attitude???? You guys make me laugh, his attitude is much better than the public wife beater McMichael. Taylor might develop into one of the best safeties to play the game.

get the FACTS straight...stop making assumptions.

Go Fins!!!

canesfins13 said:
Punk attitude???? You guys make me laugh, his attitude is much better than the public wife beater McMichael. Taylor might develop into one of the best safeties to play the game.

...wow :rolleyes:

unifiedtheory said:
Yah, I'm sure Washington would trade a safety that has once in a generation talent and a decent reciever for a good #2 reciever, a special teamer and a third rounder...

While we are at it lets go get Kris Jenkins from the Panthers...we need a defensive tackle and I'm sure they'd give him to us for Derrick Pope and a 6th rounder in 2010.

:yeahthat:

why is washington unhappy? i didnt know they were unhappy with him. are they mad that he didnt work out with them in the off-season? :eek: big deal, players workout on there own all the time, no big deal.

not showing up for a manditory meeting.. ok, thats not good, but they arnt going to trade away a great young player over that. that only works in madden. (it used to work in 2k5 too, but someone had to go and KILL that series :cry: )

@@@@@ said:
But if we get Taylor we can't move Zach Thomas to safety :shakeno:

Tebucky is gonna add 20 pounds and play linebacker, then Zack will move to safety were he belongs..:)

20.J.G.18 said:
It was not a mandatory mini camp. It was an optional OTA.

It was called voluntary but if a player is a no show they want to be told, and they want to know why.

Here you go..........

Safety Sean Taylor remains the only unexcused absence, and Gibbs expressed disappointment that Taylor's plight has overshadowed the diligent work of the rest of the roster.
"This is probably one of the best-attended offseasons. He probably doesn't fit into that group right now," Gibbs said. "It's a disappointment. We've got a bunch of guys here working themselves silly and we've got somebody missing. That's not good. That doesn't fit in with what we want."

Gibbs still has not heard from Taylor and is not certain whether he will attend the June 17-19 mini-camp.

unifiedtheory said:
Unless your life is in peril or she is physically assaulting you, touching a woman with ANY INTENT of hurting her is abuse...end of story.

she was physically assaulting him.

Taylor is a once-in-a-generation talent, a game-changing player; if he had come out this year, he might've been the first overall pick. Washington is not trading him anywhere, unless Gibbs has developed alzheimers from race-car fumes.

unifiedtheory said:
A running back who plays quarterback, who can barely his completion percentage above 55 in an era when q.b.'s regularly are in the mid 60's won't be the best to ever play the position.

He won't even be called the best scrambling q.b. ever (that would be Steve Young) let alone the best ever.

It is a big mountain to climb to get over the Elway's, Unitas', Marino's, Montana's, Young's, Manning's and Brady's of the world.

It takes more then some spectacular runs and a win in Green Bay to put him even in the conversation.

I know you said "in the future" but look at the names I listed. Vick has NEVER done anything to make me think he will ever join that company.

Hell....he is'nt even a top 5 quarterback right now...how can you think he will be the best ever?

As for Winslow...talk to me when he actually plays 2 consecutive games in the NFL. He has to have about 8-10 straight years of 70-80 catches, 800-1100 yards and 8-12 T.D.'s to be considered the best ever. The only thing he is the best ever at right now is making a complete idiot out of himself in postgame interviews and proving why beginners should'nt get on GSXR750's.

Sean Taylor has talent. He is the complete package when it comes to what a safety should be. That being said Ed Reed is the best defensive back in the NFL and in my opinion one of the best 5 players in the league regardless of position. Taylor has one year in.

Why even waste your time with this post? Obviously they aren't the best now, that's why I said in the future. You think Vick isn't top 5 now? Why is he the 2nd highest paid? Why is he paid more than brady? Don't even say brady is top 5, the guy is purely a system quarterback as was montana. Elway, Marino, and Manning (not in that order) are my top 3 for right now, and Vick has a great arm, and with some coaching (and not just people expecting) he could easily be the best. The other two I won't even go into.

kpcane said:
Why even waste your time with this post?

I "wasted my time" because I fell strongly about what your message said.

kpcane said:
Obviously they aren't the best now, that's why I said in the future.

Again, I know you said this but I still had to comment.

kpcane said:
You think Vick isn't top 5 now? Why is he the 2nd highest paid? Why is he paid more than brady? Don't even say brady is top 5, the guy is purely a system quarterback as was montana.

He's the highest paid so that makes him good? Last year Marc Brunell was tghe 6th highest paid Q.B. in the game...is he top 6? Jevon Kearse was the highest paid defensive end in football....is he the best D.E. in football? This list could go on. How much money a said player makes has nothing to do with quality.

Tom Brady is'nt top 5? Name me 5 Q.B's you would take over him. I consider him the BEST player in football...regardless of position.

Tom Brady had 3 rings and is 9-0 in the playoffs. System or no system NO ONE in the league can say that...3 rings, 9-0 in the playoffs.

Calling Montana a strictly "system Q.B." is a rediculous arguement. Yes, Joe had some great talent and a great system around him he still had to make all those throws and all those CLUTCH plays at the biggest times. Same with Brady.

If Brady is such a "system" Q.B. why did they just give him a bundle of cash? If Scott Pioli and Belichek thought he was a "system" guy I'm sure they would have let him go and signed someone for the minimum.

Argueing on behalf of the leader on my most hated team is something that annoys me but somethings annoy me more.

Calling Mike Vick better then Tom Brady is'nt so much annoying as it is laughable.

kpcane said:
Elway, Marino, and Manning (not in that order) are my top 3 for right now, and Vick has a great arm, and with some coaching (and not just people expecting) he could easily be the best. The other two I won't even go into.

Manning? Why? Manning is not a top 3 Q.B. until he does something, ANYTHING in the playoffs. With that talent surrounding him he should have done something besides get his a$$ handed to him in big games by now.

rafael said:
Anybody, whether they are big or not has a right to defend themself if they are being hit. That defense has to be appropriate to the threat. Pushing somebody away who is hitting you may or may not be appropriate depending on how hard you do it. None of us were there and as far as I know there was nothing in the police report that indicated the force (ie. she flew across the bathroom or she had injuries). The fact that he was arrested does not, in and of itself, mean he did anything wrong. I used to work in the domestic violence courts in Dade County. On many occassions I have seen arrests were the arrested party did nothing more than grab the arms of the person striking them. Some people bruise easily and this results in visible injuries. The police officer can't always tell whether the bruising was the result of the protective grab or b/c of a blow from the person claiming all they did was grab to protect. So, they arrest. The point is that we don't know what happened. Too many people are jumping to conclusions and calling RM a wife beater. He may or may not be, but making that assumption on the basis of the arrest alone is incredibly naive.

If I remember correctly, when the police arrived McMichaels wife claimed he had hit her. Later,when she calmed down, she stated that Randy did nothing wrong.
Here is an excerpt from an ESPN report.

ESPN said:
Trehy, who heads Broward state attorney's domestic battery division, said his office decided not to charge Randy McMichael after asking his wife to come in and give a sworn statement that helped exonerate him.

Michael told sheriff's investigators he had been out drinking with friends. After arriving home, he became ill in a downstairs bathroom when his wife came in and began yelling at him, according to the state attorney's office.

McMichael told investigators his wife hit him with her hand and she fell to the ground when he pushed her.

"He was just simply pushing her away, and not with any great force, per Cawanna's statement," Trehy said.

rafael said:

Exactly...which is why this discussion should have ended a year ago. I cannot believe that some people are still dredging this up. :shakeno:
I'll say it one more time. Enough with the "RM wife beater" argument. Unless you were an eye witness, or have spoken to one... drop it.

Back
Top Bottom