merged: what can we give Washington/Sean Taylor? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged: what can we give Washington/Sean Taylor?

canesfins13 said:
Punk attitude???? You guys make me laugh, his attitude is much better than the public wife beater McMichael. Taylor might develop into one of the best safeties to play the game.

Taylor used to be one of the most humble people you would ever meet, but his attitude has changed since his payday.

He has all the physical skills to be one of the best ever, but as it stands right now, he is becoming a cancer to himself.

20.J.G.18 said:
Sean Taylor not wanted in Washington? LOL

NOT ACCURATE to say the least. LOL.

You may be right, but he has not been there has he? He refused to show up to a madatory mini camp, and refuses to work out with the team.

I know exactly where he will be tomorrow at 6 pm. He's been there 5 times a week for the last two months, doing his own workouts.

Ozzy said:
You may be right, but he has not been there has he? He refused to show up to a madatory mini camp, and refuses to work out with the team.

I know exactly where he will be tomorrow at 6 pm. He's been there 5 times a week for the last two months, doing his own workouts.

Do you go to UM? Where do they work out at the hecht athletic center? I have classes right now at UM, do you know where they are or where they hang out? I've been here for 3 years and all I've ever seen outside the games were dorsey, kyle wright, kevin everett, eric winston, sinorice moss, devin hester, and edgerrin james. I'd love to see some guys like taylor, shockey, and santana walkin around campus sometime.

kpcane said:
Do you go to UM? Where do they work out at the hecht athletic center? I have classes right now at UM, do you know where they are or where they hang out? I've been here for 3 years and all I've ever seen outside the games were dorsey, kyle wright, kevin everett, eric winston, sinorice moss, devin hester, and edgerrin james. I'd love to see some guys like taylor, shockey, and santana walkin around campus sometime.

No I don't go to class there, but I'm a huge UM fan. :)

I'm sure he gets on campus a lot, but I know that as of two weeks ago he was workin out at an LA Fitness in South Miami....

NoblePhin said:
i agree, we are talking about pushing the woman that is about to bear your child. McMike is a strong guy so a push from him could be more dangerous than a push from us normal guys. i dont get how some of you think that a push would be ok. being abusive to women is just plain wrong, football star or not.

then what in the hell is he supposed to do? I do not think many people on this board know what abusive is.

Oh...the place behind sunset? I'm honestly one song ride away from there. Hopefully I'll see him on campus sometime though.

kpcane said:
And so much more.....

I know I haven't been around that long (21 yo) but man, when you see talent like that in person, it's just hard to believe that anybody could every play better than that. I think I've seen the best QB, TE, and FS ever play the game. Of course they aren't the best now, but I think in due time Michael Vick, Kellen Winslow Jr., and Sean Taylor will be considered the best to ever play their positions. I know it's a ballsy call, but it's what I think.

A running back who plays quarterback, who can barely his completion percentage above 55 in an era when q.b.'s regularly are in the mid 60's won't be the best to ever play the position.

He won't even be called the best scrambling q.b. ever (that would be Steve Young) let alone the best ever.

It is a big mountain to climb to get over the Elway's, Unitas', Marino's, Montana's, Young's, Manning's and Brady's of the world.

It takes more then some spectacular runs and a win in Green Bay to put him even in the conversation.

I know you said "in the future" but look at the names I listed. Vick has NEVER done anything to make me think he will ever join that company.

Hell....he is'nt even a top 5 quarterback right now...how can you think he will be the best ever?

As for Winslow...talk to me when he actually plays 2 consecutive games in the NFL. He has to have about 8-10 straight years of 70-80 catches, 800-1100 yards and 8-12 T.D.'s to be considered the best ever. The only thing he is the best ever at right now is making a complete idiot out of himself in postgame interviews and proving why beginners should'nt get on GSXR750's.

Sean Taylor has talent. He is the complete package when it comes to what a safety should be. That being said Ed Reed is the best defensive back in the NFL and in my opinion one of the best 5 players in the league regardless of position. Taylor has one year in.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
then what in the hell is he supposed to do? I do not think many people on this board know what abusive is.

Unless your life is in peril or she is physically assaulting you, touching a woman with ANY INTENT of hurting her is abuse...end of story.

NoblePhin said:
being abusive to women is just plain wrong, football star or not.

But it's ok for women to abuse men right?

canesfins13 said:
Its just that the clear bias of fin fans around here is laughable. They want to stone a guy who has a DUI and has changed agents, and was told that his sub market (even as a rookie) contract would be re worked, yet god Saban signs and drafts players with wrap sheets and its ok, because god Saban can fix it. Beating a pregnant wife according to some fans is ok because she hit first, as long as the player plays for the fins its ok. All I ask for is a little objectivity from our fans.

Beating?
All accounts I heard was that he pushed her away.

Where did you hear that he "beat" her?

byroan said:
But it's ok for women to abuse men right?

Oh give it a rest. Of course it isn't.

But we are talking about a pregnant woman and a Football star who's position makes him very physically fit. Not much of a challenge.

If you want it to be fair why don't you put him up against Karen Mok or Charlene Choi. Then let's see how big of a tough guy he is.

It's not right either way.

Sorry Byroan if you meant this in some other light. It's late and I am tired. But whether it's ok for a woman to do it or not doesn't justify or make anything better or acceptable

Be nice to have him, I just don't believe safeties are worth that kind of money, exception being Ed Reed. Haven't seen from Taylor yet that he can be Ed Reed and don't want to pay him until we do. We don't need to fill every missing piece on the team right now. Let's think about salary cap.

Back
Top Bottom