Merged: Who Will Be a Bust?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Who Will Be a Bust??

BigFinFan said:
JJ - Who does Eli Manning think he is anyway saying he doesn't want to play for SD? I hope that he is a huge bust, but I doubt it. Personally, I think that the Chargers have horrible luck with QB's in the 1st round anyway - Ryan Leaf and the Michael Vic Trade.

Why are you laughing at my pick of DeAngelo Hall? He has just as much chance of being a Bust as any of the other 32 picks.

I don't know if San Diego really had "horrible luck" in the Michael Vick trade. They landed Ladanian Tomlinson (the guy they targetted) by trading out of the first spot, and I think LT is THE best back in the league right now. He just has no talent surrounding him. Michael Vick is a great ATHLETE... but he has a way to go before he is a top QUARTERBACK in this league.

You wouldnt want to play for a team that over the past 2 years has gutted its roster, and an owner that has shown no interest in giving out large signing bonuses to any of his players. Its perfectly understandable why Eli wouldnt want to go into that situation. He would get killed behind that oline and his biggest recieving threat is his RB.

... and my pick for biggest "bust" is Eli Manning. Although I think bust may be a bit strong, but I think he will be a disappointment for sure. He is being EXTREMELY overhyped based on his name and visions of Peyton. But, he is NOT Peyton, and it is VERY unlikely he will ever come close. I think he will be a servicable QB in the league... but I am thinking he will be more of a Tim Couch than a Peyton Manning.

BigFinFan said:
JJ - Who does Eli Manning think he is anyway saying he doesn't want to play for SD? I hope that he is a huge bust, but I doubt it. Personally, I think that the Chargers have horrible luck with QB's in the 1st round anyway - Ryan Leaf and the Michael Vic Trade.

Why are you laughing at my pick of DeAngelo Hall? He has just as much chance of being a Bust as any of the other 32 picks.

The Manning thing is just really weird. If there was any team I would have objected to, it would have been the Colts. We know Elway did.

As far as the Hall thing goes, I was laughing at it more in the sense that it just goes to show how much of a gamble this is. I think Hall is a sure thing, and you're calling him a bust. I bet we can find others who take those positions with every player except maybe Gallery...

I think the "big" bust could be Vince Wilfork or Tommie Harris. Also I think Reggie Williams could have attitude problems that get in the way of learning in his first season. If you try to do it all, like I'm sure he will, you end up being a guy not very good at any particular aspect of the game and unable to really contribute. If you hone down on stuff that you can already make an impact doing, you can be a real good role player and you'll have more seasons to get down the rest of the game.

I'm not sure how much I like Vilma or DJ Williams as the top LBers.

Philip Rivers........he's way overrated....especially on this board!!

Also, Will Smith, there's only room for one!!

Ferretsquig said:
You wouldnt want to play for a team that over the past 2 years has gutted its roster, and an owner that has shown no interest in giving out large signing bonuses to any of his players. Its perfectly understandable why Eli wouldnt want to go into that situation. He would get killed behind that oline and his biggest recieving threat is his RB.

If a team has any sense, it won't let Manning into a situation where he's going to get killed like David Carr did. I don't think San Diego would. Manning needs to get the Carson Palmer treatment, then he can start in year two. By then, the Chargers could absolutely have this team turned around. Imagine what Palmer must have thought about his chances last year, then look at what the Bengals will look like this year. See what I mean?

Archie more than anybody should understand this. Even if the Giants might look like a better situation right now, they may be in shambles by the time Eli gets a start. I know I'm not very impressed with them. This draft should be all about joining a team that thinks highly enough of you to make you a part of the solution and working your *** off to turn the team around. Eli Manning is less of a man than he should be if he's not willing to do so.

The Chargers need to put "butts in the seats".

Bottom line - they need an explosive player that will get the city interested in the team again. Michale Vick would have done that for San Diego. LT has done it to an extent, but he is not vocal. That is my rational on the QB debacle here in SD.

Look for SD to grab a WR - somone explosive that will get the fans coming back to the Q.

By the way, the draft is a crap shoot anyway, so there could be 4 or 5 bust in the 1st round!!!

My pick is Roy Williams the wideout from Texas.
I don't particuularly think that he is a good as the scouts seem to rave about him. I also feel that he has been poor big game player.

Also a thought on why Archie Manning apparently does not want Eli to be in San Diego. Archie probably believes that Alex Spanos is a poor owner and likely would try to cheap out. I also believe that Archie probably does not like Marty as a coach and likely believes that Marty would not properly coach Eli

I could see Winslow being a huge bust. He caused alot of trouble with the Hurricanes last year. I am not sure if he honestly loves the game. If things get tough for him I could see a time bomb affect in his locker room.

Dajesus said:
I could see Winslow being a huge bust. He caused alot of trouble with the Hurricanes last year. I am not sure if he honestly loves the game. If things get tough for him I could see a time bomb affect in his locker room.
I disagree. IMO Winslow is a monster. I honestly think he could be the best TE in NFL by the end of his rookie year.

My sure fire bust is Eli Manning. He couldn't win anything in college and his pro's are: Peytons brother and Archies son. So what. He doesn't study like his bro and can't run like his dad. BUST all the way.

Back
Top Bottom