[MERGED] Who will be our starting QB in the opener? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Who will be our starting QB in the opener?

The winner of an open competition between John Beck, Josh McCown, and the QB we draft in the second round. McCown is an experienced UFA Qb that can be signed for a reasonable contract. He is healthy. He posted four games last year with a QB rating of more than 87. I expect it will be McCown for the first game, but I believe he will not be starting by week 4.

Who will begin the season as our starting QB?

I dont think that who will be our starting QB at the beginning of the season matters...what matters is who will be our starting QB by the end of the season and for the future...enter Matt Ryan.

BP, Ireland, and Sparano will get at vet to help Beck. Beck will start. My feeling is they will get one of these guys to be a mentor: Green, Volek, Anderson, Grossman, Penny, Bledsoe, Warner, Gray, C-Pep or any bum who can help the kid out. But I don't really care who it is really. Just help him gets us some wins.

hopefully beck or someone in the draft (ryan, brohm, or flacco)

My guess is Trent Green. Brought back for cheaper money. And Parcells likes veterans. It doesn't really matter because he definately won't finish the season as the starter.

Doug Flutie. Way too many scenario's out there to guess. With who we have on our team right now, it's gotta be Beck, we're probably going to bring in a Vet thru FA & draft a Rook too, so there could be 3 vying for the positioin.

Go Fins!

I think Parcells will be bringing in an experienced veteran to start the 2008 season. I also think that we'll be drafting our future franchise QB in Matt Ryan this year. Beck can sink or swim at this stage....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

My guess is Trent Green. Brought back for cheaper money. And Parcells likes veterans. It doesn't really matter because he definately won't finish the season as the starter.

You think a guy who looked like crap & was knocked out (like his 100th concusion) will start over Beck? No way. Beck was brought here for a reason & if Green's brought back, it will be to back Beck up / mentor him. I believe we have to bring a vet back up in, to push & help Beck, but we have to forget about Green. He wasn't the same before he got knocked out & he'll only be worse. Just say "NO" to washed up, old, injured QB's.

Go Fins!

Back
Top Bottom