Merged: Will the Patriots Rest Their Starters This Week? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Will the Patriots Rest Their Starters This Week?

NewEra8

2004 1-AA National Champs
Reaction score
Patriots playing starters?

Are the Patriots gonna rest their starters or let us play em straight up?

i too would like to know....would they fight for that 3rd seed in the AFC? Does it make any difference?

QB2RonnieTD23 said:
i too would like to know....would they fight for that 3rd seed in the AFC? Does it make any difference?

exactly... the eggnogs impaired my ability to think... who would they play in the 3rd seed and in the 4th?

my prediction is they will play the starters early on and then take them out in the 2nd qtr or maybe the third.

NewEra13 said:
Nah man... I mean against us? Will they? Im basically asking what the difference is between the 3rd seed and 4th seed

They would probably play Pitt instead of Jax with the 3 seed.

They would also avoid playing the Colts until the AFC championship game

NewEra13 said:
Nah man... I mean against us? Will they? Im basically asking what the difference is between the 3rd seed and 4th seed

If they are the 3 seed, their 2nd round game is aginst the 2 seed oppose to being against the colts

Aqua4Ever04 said:
If they are the 3 seed, their 2nd round game is aginst the 2 seed oppose to being against the colts
...that is assuming that the #4 seed wins their wild-card game.

I hope they do play their starters so that when we beat them, they will have no excuses :evil:

NewEra13 said:
Are the Patriots gonna rest their starters or let us play em straight up?

Pat's season ticket holder checking in here. Nice board.

Looking back over the past 4 years, I don't remember Belichick resting his starters very much heading into the playoffs (the Pat's December record during this time is very, very, very good) - maybe a quarter or two, tops, when there was absolutely nothing left to play for and the game's outcome was pretty much wrapped up. I expect them to defend their home turf and try to keep momentum favorable going into the playoffs; and the #3 seed (which IMO is worse than the #4 seed this year in many ways for the Pats) is still up for grabs. What you might see, is some guys, like Graham, Bruschi, etc., not suiting up for the game if they are more-than-a-little nicked up.

The Pats are playing much better the past 3-4 games, as Belichick has unleashed the hounds on the defensive front 7, Dillon/Givens/Faulk/Seymour/etc. have returned to the lineup, and the defensive backfield has begun to stabilize. I would expect this game to be a tough one for both teams. It seems to me that these two teams will be the elite class of the AFC East next year.

Back
Top Bottom