Merged: Will the Patriots Rest Their Starters This Week? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Will the Patriots Rest Their Starters This Week?

They're going to rest anyone that is injured and could risk further injury. Already reports are that Asante Samuel, Teddy Bruschi, and Bethel Johnson are going to sit out the game.

ckparrothead said:
They're going to rest anyone that is injured and could risk further injury. Already reports are that Asante Samuel, Teddy Bruschi, and Bethel Johnson are going to sit out the game.

Id like Brady and Dillon to play cuz i wanna see taylor ripp brady a new AHole

dw10 said:
exactly. I think they'd rather play Jax. Besides, our D is tough and we always give Brady a hard time. If he gets sacked 4 times and hit a dozen times (which is very likely), he may risk injury. The Pats cannot afford to lose Brady. I don't have ESP into Belichicken's brain but I wouldn't be surprised to see Brady sit down after a quarter or two. Why risk the injury?? Face it guys, our D is TOUGH and it's a bit feared!!! 48 sacks?? Hmmmmm, I think I'd sit Brady.

There are few reasons why I think Belichick will play his starters: 1) the team is hot right now, and they want to go into the playoffs with momentum. Who's the one team nobody wants to face in the playoffs right now?;2) divisional opponent - the Patriots have dominated this division for the past few years, I'm sure they want to keep that mental edge. They've played their best games this year against divisional opponents. 3) they want to protect their homefield - how would it look if the Dolphins from South Florida go up to Foxboro and get a victory on New Year's Day? Such a win would significantly take away from the mystique of their homefield, and I'm sure they'll be playing very hard to protect that; 4) Finally, I think the competition between Belichick and Saban will have them trying to gameplans their best games of the years. These guys may be good friends, but believe me there is some rooted competition there. It's in their nature to be competitive and they will want this game badly. Saban and Belichick will have to face each other at least twice a year, these game will not be taken lightly.

Topic discussed ad nauseum, http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=115720

Roman529: Anyone have a weather forecast for Foxboro on January 1st?...I think if it is above 40 we got a chance.....the Pats are tough in the cold but we are 4-0 this December have momentum. I say we beat the Pats 24-21.

Speaking of momentum:
The Pats are 6-1, I believe, against the Fins in Foxboro in games played after October the past 10 years; and are 28-3 :eek: in all games played after November the past 5 years.

I'd say if history can be used as a predictor, unless Belichick rests starters, things do not look good for the Fins this weekend...but that's why they still play the games. Should be a good one.

I would rather they did play, that way we will not just beat them, we will beat them, break their spirit, kill their momentum and possibly have Brady and co heading into the playoffs against Jax with an injury report full of questionables.

I'd rather see a close, hard fought loss against the Pats at full strength, starters and all, then see us pull out a win against their 2nd or 3rd stringers. Of course, a win is a win, but if we beat them, I'd prefer it be against their starters.

Plus, I'm dying to see Brady get "jacked up" against the rush of our front 4! :fire: Of course, I'm not wishing for injury, just maybe a solid sack by JT that rattles his nerves a bit. :D

If they're going to rest players or pull starters, I think they will use Bruschi as an example as to why. They'd never publically admit it, but I do think that they'd rather play Jacksonville than Pittsburgh right now... because I'd say other than New England, Pittsburgh is the last team you would want to be playing right about now, let alone in the Wild Cards. I say they will pull starters, especially if they're down by double digits. Whether they rest starters, just rest injured players, or pull their starters... I hope we come out victorious and finish the 2005 season on a high note, at 9-7, on a 6 game winning streak, and 3-3 in the AFC East. :rawk:

I wouldn't want to play Jax. Leftwich is going to be back and he can tear their secondary apart.

Valbon8 said:
I wouldn't want to play Jax. Leftwich is going to be back and he can tear their secondary apart.

And Roethlisberger can't?
Cold weather won't be a factor for the Steelers, but it could be for the Jags.

I thought the phins played in New England this year :(.Found out they play in the cold :(.But I smell upset :dolphins::dolphins::dolphins:

Phinfan99 said:
I thought the phins played in New England this year :(.Found out they play in the cold :(.But I smell upset :dolphins::dolphins::dolphins:

It matters not - I feel a prediction comin on... is it too early?
:goof:

Wandering Athol said:
I'd say if history can be used as a predictor, unless Belichick rests starters, things do not look good for the Fins this weekend...but that's why they still play the games. Should be a good one.

History changed the second we got Saban as our HC. We went 4-0 in Decemeber for the first time in a long time. As much as I want to see the Phins blowout the Pats. I'm sure it will be a close game that's decided in the last 2 mins of the game.

IMHO it's going to be low scoring and will come down to whoever wins the turnover battle.

And if Miami allows Vrabel to catch a TD pass on the goal line I might jump out my window...

b_hjelmeland123 said:
What are the chances that Bill will sit some players throughout the game, they have already clinched the division. Or do you think he will try and prove and be competetive with Saban and play his starters all game.:dolphins:

WHO CARES, LETS SHOW EM WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT YEAR--They had there own way this year, but next year they can look out--we're watching over there shoulder so they better look out :dolphins:

Back
Top Bottom