Merged: Will the Patriots Rest Their Starters This Week? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Will the Patriots Rest Their Starters This Week?

NewEra13 said:
Are the Patriots gonna rest their starters or let us play em straight up?

I think the Patriots play their starters. The only thing is that someone who is questionable and may have played in a key game during the season might be someone Belichick rests in this game.

The Patriots as a 3 seed would probably be playing Pittsburgh (unless somehow Kansas City pulls off a miracle and gets in). Jacksonville is locked at #5 and would be played if the Patriots finished at #4.

I think the Pats rest the starters, take the loss, and get ready for Jacksonville. No way Bellicheck wants Pittsburgh in the first round with the smash mouth football their playing right now!

New England has won six of seven and already has clinched its third consecutive AFC East title. A victory on Sunday coupled with a Cincinnati loss at Kansas City would give the Patriots the No. 3 seed in the AFC. Out of contention for a first-round postseason bye, New England coach Bill Belichick may opt to rest his starters against the Dolphins in preparation for the playoffs.

THAT IS FROM NFL.COM AND THE SUN SENTINEL I HOPE HE IS WRONG BECAUSE THAT GAME IS OUR SUPERBOWL AND I WOULD LOVE TO GO HEAD TO HEAD WITH THEIR STARTERS. IT WOULD BE A GREAT WAY TO END THE SEASON IF WE COULD BEAT THEM.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I think the Pats rest the starters, take the loss, and get ready for Jacksonville. No way Bellicheck wants Pittsburgh in the first round with the smash mouth football their playing right now!

That's kind of silly though because in the unlikely event that a #4, 5, or 6 seed made it to the conference final, the Pats would have a home game if they were the #3 seed.

Besides the Jaguars defense could slow up the Patriots. They're probably a better defense than the Steelers, although the Steelers running game is tough.

Back
Top Bottom