Merged X 10: Draft Day 2 thread/All Continuing Draft Discussion here | Page 44 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X 10: Draft Day 2 thread/All Continuing Draft Discussion here

why are there some people who are so upset over our picks? we have had the best draft since i can remember. Not drafting a WR or a CB is not a big deal. when you rebuild, you do it from the trenches. Parcells is not going to come in here and sugar coat the crap and start drafting guys and try to turn it around immediately, you know, like a cam cameron would do. The dolphins got great value with both 2nd round picks, and coming into day 2, they continue to draft with the same pattern. Addressing both lines THIS year, while we are coming off a 1-15 season and will not compete. Then next year, assuming the lines are successful they can address the needs in the secondary, receiving, and everything else. Patience is what Dolphin fans need right now more than anything.

I'm not surprise by our picks...I am a little surprise that we haven't taken an OLB that BP likes unless Merling will play outside which is posible

Ozzy rules!!

FIU,

That look on Camoron's face in your photo is a look we know all too well......I'm haunted by that same vapid, catatonic stare that I saw when he was our (cough, cough!!) head coach....

We held onto 4 rb's last year looks like be probably will this year, our coaches just picked the people that they want to have oppose to some guys that they didnt see alot of value in.

I know everyone wanted a WR including me but they were only gonna draft a number 1 WR or none at all it seems...on the other hand they kept their promkise to get bigger

OZZY RULES!!

we have nowhere to go but up. and the new regime has the track record of building successful teams. The dolphins should now have a a great OL, a Great running game, and a QB situation where we just need to get 1 of the 2 (beck and henne) to become successfull, and having 2 young players in that situation improves the chances drastically, because its a different type of pressure. they are being pressured more by each other than the media and the coaching staff. And we have solidified the DL through the offseason and the draft as well. I think Miami will start to be competitive next season and look for them to start to make a playoff push in 2010.

I think they'll go defence with the last pick...maybe an a LB

Ozzy rules!!

We held onto 4 rb's last year looks like be probably will this year, our coaches just picked the people that they want to have oppose to some guys that they didnt see alot of value in.

Three other points to make here:

1. BP doesn't truly know what we have in Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams, in terms of long-term durability and coming off of injuries.

2. Position competition does nothing but help the team, usually in its most seemingly "secure" positions.

3. No one man makes a team. If any of these hungry low-round guys come and blast on the scene with a great impression, our other "high-profile" guys become more valuable as future trades for high draft picks. In other words, the = great value, or they can leverage to great value.

why are there some people who are so upset over our picks? we have had the best draft since i can remember. Not drafting a WR or a CB is not a big deal. when you rebuild, you do it from the trenches. Parcells is not going to come in here and sugar coat the crap and start drafting guys and try to turn it around immediately, you know, like a cam cameron would do. The dolphins got great value with both 2nd round picks, and coming into day 2, they continue to draft with the same pattern. Addressing both lines THIS year, while we are coming off a 1-15 season and will not compete. Then next year, assuming the lines are successful they can address the needs in the secondary, receiving, and everything else. Patience is what Dolphin fans need right now more than anything.

I totally agree with BP - you can't win consistently in this league unless you win the battle of the tenches. A good O-Line will make average RB's and WR's look good and good ones great.

We need a SS.

If Barrett and Roach are still on the board and we dont consider them I guess were going with either the oft injured Bell, Traveres Tillman, or Chris Crocker to start the season.....

I really want to see some secondary help. FA market gave us some LBs and offensive help but, still don't see anything as far as the secondary

Miami still needs to add another 3-4 OL for camp. I would not be surprised if the last pick is another OL.

Back
Top Bottom