Merged x a bunch "Jeff Ireland is the worst GM in football" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged x a bunch "Jeff Ireland is the worst GM in football"

Does Ross ditch Ireland or weather the storm?

• Ross will weather the storm and keep for the draft and beyond

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • Ireland will be a goner before the draft.

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Ireland on thin ice, if the dolphins are bad this year hell be gone next year.

Votes: 57 62.6%

• Total voters
Giants and Patriots lucked into clutch quarterbacks. It is not easy to get a franchise QB, the only position that puts you over the top, witness Brees, Rodgers. The options this year at grabbing someone who is close to a slam dunk, according to the so-called experts, were exactly one: Andrew Luck. Every other option is a crap shoot. Flynn is as big unknown as Manning. That's right. That dude is coming off of cervical fusion surgery. That means his anatomy is altered completely. We have no idea how his body is going to respond to the punishment he's going to take. Flynn is four years removed from a sustained body of work. And now Alex Smith. Who are you going to get? Shellshocked draft bust, or the Harbabugh reclamation project we saw last year, mostly handing off to Frank Gore?
There is only one guy out there this FA class that I think is getting the money he deserves and that is Mario Williams. He's a dude you have to game plan against. No one is bitching about Ireland not going after him. What would you have Ireland do? Overpay for obvious stiffs like previous regimes?

Drafting is where he earns his cash. I liked what he did last year, free to make his own decisions. We may end up with real playmakers in Charles Clay and Jimmy Wilson, 6th and 7th rounders repectively. Pouncey was a rock solid pick. Thomas flashed. Clyde Gates is the pick that I don't see panning out, but it is the pick you make when your team was as slow as it was last year.

The Giants didn't "luck into" a franchise QB. They made a huge draft-day trade, one of the largest offers ever before the RGIII deal this year, to acquire Eli Manning from San Diego. You know, the exact thing that the Miami Dolphins will never do.

It is getting a little ridiculous. It is pretty much the same thread over and over again. Mostly be the same group of people. Perhaps we should have one large knee jerk/piss and moan thread.

There should be a limit of at least 50 posts before newbies are allowed to start threads. Have them show a little credibility first before they clutter the site with drivel. How it isn't already this way is beyond me.

he is not the worst gm in football, he is the worst gm in all of sports right now

Same old BS is right!!! From a useless, repetitive post. Give this crap up already!!

Fisher actually liked Ireland and stated he would like him to be his GM in St. Louise so your facts are not correct.

what i remember is that he wanted to bring his own staff, but ross wanted to keep ireland no?

It's hard to defend Ireland, he has had some pretty bad drafts and Free Agent signings, but with Philbin coming in this year, it's hard to blame Ireland for all these moves.

Philbin was hand picked by Ross and my thinking is, Ireland will do his best to bring in the guys that Philbin wants.

So, without know who wanted who we brought in or why we haven't offered Flynn the moon yet, take a step back and think about how this team is coming together this off season.

The defensive moves we have made so far are signature Ireland, but the offensive moves seem to be guys that fit a specific mold, much different than the Sparano era.

My thinking is Philbin really does want to build the offense in the draft. The more moves we see this Free Agency (more specifically at QB) the better idea we will have of what their thinking is.

Jeff Ireland is respected in league circles. This is an article full of biased opinion, not one based on fact.

Back
Top Bottom