Merged x a bunch "Jeff Ireland is the worst GM in football" | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged x a bunch "Jeff Ireland is the worst GM in football"

Does Ross ditch Ireland or weather the storm?

• Ross will weather the storm and keep for the draft and beyond

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • Ireland will be a goner before the draft.

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Ireland on thin ice, if the dolphins are bad this year hell be gone next year.

Votes: 57 62.6%

• Total voters
That's just it no one knows but let's speculate and blame him for something his boss wanted him to do.

Most people here base their opinions off what they read in the media. Everyone seems to be speculating and assuming all of the time. It's getting annoying. I don't like Ireland, but he's not the worst GM in football. I'm tired of all this over the top whiny BS.

YOu know what's funny? Everybody that is defending Ireland ain't even in South FLorida....come down here and ask around....EVERYONE hates him here.....wouldn't surprise me if he was gettin death threats from LOCAL fans.......too bad we don't have more LOCAL fans.......that's one of our biggest problems.....but I guess you can't blame people with the way this team is being run....

YOu know what's funny? Everybody that is defending Ireland ain't even in South FLorida....come down here and ask around....EVERYONE hates him here.....wouldn't surprise me if he was gettin death threats from LOCAL fans.......too bad we don't have more LOCAL fans.......that's one of our biggest problems.....but I guess you can't blame people with the way this team is being run....

South Florida fans is a far stretch from those in League Circles.

How do you know he didn't?
Because Ross admitted to botching the coaching search.

If Ireland had advised Ross to fire Sparano before looking for another head coach and Ross didn't listen, then Jeff Ireland is a bigger loser than some people already believe he is.

Fisher actually liked Ireland and stated he would like him to be his GM in St. Louise so your facts are not correct.

Yea he liked him so much that he would not work with him here. Those are just things people say, actions speak louder than words

Yea he liked him so much that he would not work with him here. Those are just things people say, actions speak louder than words

No he wanted ultimate power over the GM.....get it right.

Show me proof outside of this forum where he is not respected.

I dont think he is that respected or disrespected overall. most people dont really think much about him. That being said his work in miami and dallas has not exactly yielded championship results and here its had losing results

That's just it no one knows but let's speculate and blame him for something his boss wanted him to do.
Whether his boss wanted him to or not is not my beef with Ireland. (Not once have I said Ireland is the worse GM in football or anywhere else. I just don't like what is perceived to be a yes man.)

Jeff Ireland is the football person of the two and should be advising Ross to the differences between doing business in the corporate world and the NFL.

No he wanted ultimate power over the GM.....get it right.

none of us know the reasons , that same media we talk so much crap about gives out the info. You believe what you want to believe but if he liked ireland so much as a gm why wouldnt he work with him here. Thats not based on what the media had to say thats based on fact, he did not come here.

none of us know the reasons , that same media we talk so much crap about gives out the info. You believe what you want to believe but if he liked ireland so much as a gm why wouldnt he work with him here. Thats not based on what the media had to say thats based on fact, he did not come here.
He had what he saw as a much better opportunity in St Louis which is why he went there. Remember, Miami was the underdog to sign him.

He had what he saw as a much better opportunity in St Louis which is why he went there. Remember, Miami was the underdog to sign him.[/QUOTE

According to that same media although at one point we were considered the favorite to sign him, harbaugh and manning

Go to any city in the NFL and you will find your fair share of fans that hate the management. Your local airwaves and papers are filled with terrible shock journalists who call for heads far too often. Just a whole bunch of negativity down there for no reason. Whiny bitchy irrational biased people who really at the end of the day don't know what their talking about.

He had what he saw as a much better opportunity in St Louis which is why he went there. Remember, Miami was the underdog to sign him.[/QUOTE

According to that same media although at one point we were considered the favorite to sign him, harbaugh and manning
We were never the favorite in either. Considering Fisher had to put so much thought into it the Dolphins must have made an impression on him.

Back
Top Bottom