Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate... | Page 68 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate...

How do you figure we win 2 more games w/ henne when henne has never shown the ability to play well in big games?

I believe if we switched the QBs last year Miami wins at kleast 9 and the Jets win around 7-8. Henne cannot play w/ pressure to win or at least he has not shown that either in college or his 2 years starting in the NFL.

There was the game we played against you and at least 2 others that Sanchez could not connect. Henne's issue was never not connecting it was finishing the game in the end zone. The phins settled for field goals other than touchdowns. We can kick ths around forever without proving anything. Henne will probably be out before the year end with his weak supporting cast and Sanchez will still be hanging around with his cast. Sanchez is in the right spot right now maybe he takes the next step where Henne is a marked man and the odds are heavily against his carreer right now. Ireland, Tony S and Henne are all tied together and it is going to take a whole lot of winning for a long, long time to get many fans off their backs. I hate rebuilding but project that is where we will be next year. Of course if that were to happen and Sanchez were happen to get hurt it would be interesting to follow this discussion with Henne in a real Jets uniform. Never know it could happen.

I'm one of those fans who doesn't JUST look at stats, I look at hoew they accumulated those stats. If player A throws 15 TDs and 10 are in big situations that means more to me than player B throwing 30 for the year w/ 25 of them in meaningless spots. Stats are very useful but you have to know how to interpret them, they aren't black and white especially for a QB.

I think you are more of one of those fans that like players or not, disregard stats and game tape, and has a major man crush on Sanchez...

There was the game we played against you and at least 2 others that Sanchez could not connect. Henne's issue was never not connecting it was finishing the game in the end zone. The phins settled for field goals other than touchdowns. We can kick ths around forever without proving anything. Henne will probably be out before the year end with his weak supporting cast and Sanchez will still be hanging around with his cast. Sanchez is in the right spot right now maybe he takes the next step where Henne is a marked man and the odds are heavily against his carreer right now. Ireland, Tony S and Henne are all tied together and it is going to take a whole lot of winning for a long, long time to get many fans off their backs. I hate rebuilding but project that is where we will be next year. Of course if that were to happen and Sanchez were happen to get hurt it would be interesting to follow this discussion with Henne in a real Jets uniform. Never know it could happen.

he was terrible at home vs. Miami BUT he also led 4-5 comebacks in games we wouldn't likely have won w/io his excellent play down the stretch. In case you didn't realize henne was just as bad in that same game and your only TD you scored after a TO put you deep in Jets territory. Why would he have succeeded that day w/ us and not w/ Miami? That was also the game where holmes dropped a wide open TD but drops only count when it's dropped INTs, right?

I am very thankful we have Mark ad you guys have henne.

I think you are more of one of those fans that like players or not, disregard stats and game tape, and has a major man crush on Sanchez...

I know you are mistaken, I can criticize my team and coaches when they deserve it and I criticize mark plenty but overall he's good and getting better. I actually watch the games and don't just look at stats. You guys see black and white #s w/o watching Mark play enough.

It's a QB league.

You're not getting to two consecutive AFC title games with a below average QB anymore.

This league has built everything around the QB and offense.

Not saying Sanchez is great, but he's a lot better than Henne and he still hasn't hit his ceiling.

I know you are mistaken, I can criticize my team and coaches when they deserve it and I criticize mark plenty but overall he's good and getting better. I actually watch the games and don't just look at stats. You guys see black and white #s w/o watching Mark play enough.

I've rewatched quite a few NFL games during the offseason, mostly the dolphins, and then focusing on the AFC east. I've watched him play. He's got confidence, but he does not play good, and I didn't see him get better.

It's a QB league.

You're not getting to two consecutive AFC title games with a below average QB anymore.

This league has built everything around the QB and offense.

Not saying Sanchez is great, but he's a lot better than Henne and he still hasn't hit his ceiling.

69-1.gif
69-1.gif

To retain that latest badge you're so proud of, to the best of my knowledge there are no FH stipulations that you need to apply your craft on any given regular basis. :idk:

Junc will never get it. Everyone please stop trying to show him the truth that Sanchez has proven to be average at best. Henne or Ssanchez may be slightly better than the other. Who cares. The facts are ( unless you are junc ) that neither of them have given anyone any good reason to think they will become an above average to elite QB. At this point anyone that is not blind knows that they are both below average. Sorry Junc, I have given you credit quite a few times for your opinions and backing things up with stats but you are just flat out incorrect sir

bottom line:

this endless loop debate notwithstanding, right now I'd happily package Henne + Sanchez and a first for Josh Freeman, the potential franchise QB the jets could and should have had by standing pat.

I've rewatched quite a few NFL games during the offseason, mostly the dolphins, and then focusing on the AFC east. I've watched him play. He's got confidence, but he does not play good, and I didn't see him get better.

If you didn't see him improve from year 1 to year 2 I can't help you. i think you are basing your judgement more on his bad game vs. Miami than anything else.

Junc will never get it. Everyone please stop trying to show him the truth that Sanchez has proven to be average at best. Henne or Ssanchez may be slightly better than the other. Who cares. The facts are ( unless you are junc ) that neither of them have given anyone any good reason to think they will become an above average to elite QB. At this point anyone that is not blind knows that they are both below average. Sorry Junc, I have given you credit quite a few times for your opinions and backing things up with stats but you are just flat out incorrect sir

I will never get it:lol2:

I DO get it, most do not but does it matter? I couldn't be happier w/ our QB situation and that is all I really care about.

bottom line:

this endless loop debate notwithstanding, right now I'd happily package Henne + Sanchez and a first for Josh Freeman, the potential franchise QB the jets could and should have had by standing pat.

Let's see what josh does in year 3 w/ expectations to win for the first time. I would have been happy w/ Freeman but could he have thrived in NY? could he have thrived in big postseason road games at some of the leagues best teams? I don't know.

69-1.gif
69-1.gif

To retain that latest badge you're so proud of, to the best of my knowledge there are no FH stipulations that you need to apply your craft on any given regular basis. :idk:

:lol:

Everything I said is true. Never said Sanchez was great. But I did say that he's better than Henne and anyone trying to argue otherwise is just upset that Chad Henne sucks and there's still hope for Mark Sanchez.

And for the record, Josh Freeman is the real deal.

All ya all can sit here and argue over Kia's and Hyundai's all you want, the bottom line is neither is a Ferrari or Lamborghini.

he was terrible at home vs. Miami BUT he also led 4-5 comebacks in games we wouldn't likely have won w/io his excellent play down the stretch. In case you didn't realize henne was just as bad in that same game and your only TD you scored after a TO put you deep in Jets territory. Why would he have succeeded that day w/ us and not w/ Miami? That was also the game where holmes dropped a wide open TD but drops only count when it's dropped INTs, right?

I am very thankful we have Mark ad you guys have henne.

Most of Sanchez's connections that day were with the ground!. As far as Henne is concerned he had more than his share of dropped passes I can guarentee you so that ball does not wash with me at least. I do like Henne's demeanor but I certainly don't like the outlook. I give us about 6 weeks with these guys into the season before the entire organization is flipped including Henne but I certainly hope I am wrong.

Chad Henne is below average.

Mark Sanchez is above average. <--- Yea, he has been awesome. :rolleyes:

I think that is pretty clear in the eyeball test. I agree Henne’s QBR so far is 75.3, Sanchez’s is 70.2 ....they both have been average to below average.

Not sure why Dolphin fans attempt to cope with the bust that is Chad Henne by deflating Mark Sanchez's statistics or whatever. Because he has been a bigger joke then Henne, and if not for a consistant running game and great defense, we would be talking about why Sanchez even still plays football.

This is like arguing a Kia v. Hyundai.

:lol: I am very surprised you still think this way Cane, you too smart a guy for that, don't let his last minute success in the playoffs fool you, if not for the running game, you see not Sanchez in the playoffs like Henne, and have even worse memories of his regular season. They both have a lot to prove or there will be new starters in front of them.

:lol: I am very surprised you still think this way Cane, you too smart a guy for that, don't let his last minute success in the playoffs fool you, if not for the running game, you see not Sanchez in the playoffs like Henne, and have even worse memories of his regular season. They both have a lot to prove or there will be new starters in front of them.

Yeah, God forbid you surround the most important position on the team with HELP of any sort lol.

Sports fans are ridiculous. Everyone wants to see the QB do it ALL and turn trash into gold. Everyone wants to see LeBron beat five guys by himself for a title. Everyone wants to see one guy do it all. Why? It doesn't work that way.

It's a team sport. Mark Sanchez works with what he has. Chad Henne has Brandon Marshall and can't even get the ball to him.

Back
Top Bottom