Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate... | Page 70 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate...

I think it is a great thread, it should be active as both teams have fairly hgh expectations coming into the next year (if it ever gets frickin started). All the smack aside, I learned alot I didn't know about Sanchez and Henne both while reading it. They are very close in their development and here I thought my man Dirty was lightyears ahead. It will be interesting to see year number 3 for these guys. A better OC for Miami will have them slingin the rock more inteligently and putting the ball in Marshalls hands more often. Also, I believe a healthy backfield and utilizing their running strength earlier will really pay dividends.
For the Jets, I think this will have to be Marks year. They will likely hold onto Holmes but maybe not Braylon, or vice versa, but either way, the talent level for both teams receivers will be alot closer than last year. LT won't be suprising anyone this year, so there will be no gimme's for him, and MS has proven that he can lead a 4th quarter drive, so defenses will play him accordingly, and offenses will be a bit more aggresive leading up to that point and limit his opportunities.
This will be a very good year for both of our clubs I think, but I also think this debate should go away until at least 5 or 6 games into the new season. Then we can revisit and re-evaluate.

Who would have thought Ryan Fitzpatrick would pass both of them.

Let me know when that happens b/c right now Fitz is a QB who has never played in a meaningful NFL game. he's allowed to play w/o having to worry about that little thing called winning so his #s look better but he's not helping his team win more games.

Let me know when that happens b/c right now Fitz is a QB who has never played in a meaningful NFL game. he's allowed to play w/o having to worry about that little thing called winning so his #s look better but he's not helping his team win more games.

I like Sanchez, but right now he pretty much is along for the ride, if you know what I mean. Sanchez had everything you can ask for as a QB, and he never took control of the offense.

I need to see that 1st. He isnt getting smacked in the face on a 3 step drop like Fitzpatrick. He had a nice pocket, top TE, top WR's, top running game. All Sanchez has to worry about is making the right read and putting the ball on time to a spot.

I like Sanchez, but right now he pretty much is along for the ride, if you know what I mean. Sanchez had everything you can ask for as a QB, and he never took control of the offense.

I need to see that 1st. He isnt getting smacked in the face on a 3 step drop like Fitzpatrick. He had a nice pocket, top TE, top WR's, top running game. All Sanchez has to worry about is making the right read and putting the ball on time to a spot.

He is the leader of an offense and a team that had made back to back title games. The O isn't great and he hasn't been great(he may never be) but he has helped our team win a ton of games and become one of the best teams in the league. Fitz puts up nice #s playing for a team w/ no chance(no offense), Buf lost a ton of close games, the Jets won a ton of close games and QB play had a lot to do w/ that.

He is the leader of an offense and a team that had made back to back title games. The O isn't great and he hasn't been great(he may never be) but he has helped our team win a ton of games and become one of the best teams in the league. Fitz puts up nice #s playing for a team w/ no chance(no offense), Buf lost a ton of close games, the Jets won a ton of close games and QB play had a lot to do w/ that.

Its not really between teams its between QB's. To say Sanchez is good because he went to title games, its really pointless.

Are you saying the Jets would be worse if Fitzpatrick was the Jets QB? I dont think so. IMO they would be better.

The big thing with Sanchez is his ceiling is very high, Fitz is pretty maxed out.

Yeah, outside of those pesky 5 comeback wins last season and the 4 road playoff wins in his two NFL seasons, the guy has done nothing. :rolleyes:

Its not really between teams its between QB's. To say Sanchez is good because he went to title games, its really pointless.

Are you saying the Jets would be worse if Fitzpatrick was the Jets QB? I dont think so. IMO they would be better.

The big thing with Sanchez is his ceiling is very high, Fitz is pretty maxed out.

yes I think we'd be woprse w/ Fitz. fitz has never played on a contender or played a single down in a big game. he gets to play w/ no pressure to win, switch the QBs and the Jets don't make the title game while Buf wins more than 4 games last year.

yes I think we'd be woprse w/ Fitz. fitz has never played on a contender or played a single down in a big game. he gets to play w/ no pressure to win, switch the QBs and the Jets don't make the title game while Buf wins more than 4 games last year.

Haha. Sanchez is awful and plays behind the best o line in the NFL, has a really good defense, and has a ton of weapons. Fitz is easily the 2nd best QB in the division and will prove it this year.

If the Bills had Sanchez, they would have had the 1st pick in the draft. He sucks and is lucky he is on a good team. Henne is probably better than Sanchez.

Haha. Sanchez is awful and plays behind the best o line in the NFL, has a really good defense, and has a ton of weapons. Fitz is easily the 2nd best QB in the division and will prove it this year.

If the Bills had Sanchez, they would have had the 1st pick in the draft. He sucks and is lucky he is on a good team. Henne is probably better than Sanchez.

I love the Fitz stuff, the man has never played in a meaningful game in his life while Sanchez has helped the Jets win 4 road playoff games. get back to me when Fitz has some pressure to win games and when he makes plays to win games rather than putting up garbage time #s every week to fool the common fan.

Question for you guys. Is Aaron Rodgers entering his 4th year or 7th year in the league? I don't know any packers fans or even NFL fans that claim he is entering his 4th year. Get it straight folks, Henne is entering his 4th year, not 3rd. Just accept it.

Question for you guys. Is Aaron Rodgers entering his 4th year or 7th year in the league? I don't know any packers fans or even NFL fans that claim he is entering his 4th year. Get it straight folks, Henne is entering his 4th year, not 3rd. Just accept it.

David, Henne just completed his first rookie game. What are you smoking? Stick with the game!

Sanchez vs. Henne

Say what you want about Sanchez vs. Henne. But today, 17-16 - Henne needs 10-15 yards to go get his team in a position for a win and he chokes.

This afternoon, behing 31-17 with a nose broken, 6 minutes left, Sanchez delivers again in the clutch and get this team back in the game.

THAT is what's missing in the comparaison for Henne... he has to have a couple of those games where he puts it on his shoulders...

Back
Top Bottom