Merged X5: The Official Antonio Bryant Thread | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: The Official Antonio Bryant Thread

Antonio Bryant is NOT a #1 WR
Antonio Bryant is often injured.
Antonio Bryant is NOT consistant.
Antonio Bryant is often invisible for whole games.
Antonio Bryant is far far far down my list of who i want to spend big $$$ on.

why cut Ginn if we get Boldin? That will actually help to elevate Ginn's play...the DB's will be doubling up on Boldin, leaving Ginn open more. I think if get a legit #1, Ginn can be our #2

Ginn can't be a #2 WR when he is afraid to get hit.

that's assuming he learns how to catch...:ponder:

Did you watch the second half of the season? The half where that temporary problem went away?

Giving up Ginn when you have no better viable option is foolish.

I gotta admit, I am more interested in Bryant than Boldin at this point. With what it would cost us draft pick-wise, I kinda feel like we may get more bang for our bucks with going with the soon-to-be former Buc.

You also can't deny the multitude of connections he has with this team. For starters, we all know about the incident with Parcells and the fact that he has made up for it and has even remained in contact with him from time to time these last few years. What isn't talked about much though is the connection to Nolan (our new DC). In reading this article, you get the strong impression that he might be lobbying really hard for us to pick him up. It sounds like Nolan has nothing but regret for letting him go in the first place while he was the coach for the 49s.

Anyways, just food for thought.

Boldin > Bryant and a 2nd or 3rd

My opinion of course. I could be swayed on the 2nd rounder, but definitely not on the 3rd rounder.

why cut Ginn if we get Boldin? That will actually help to elevate Ginn's play...the DB's will be doubling up on Boldin, leaving Ginn open more. I think if get a legit #1, Ginn can be our #2

Ginn wasn't getting open last year with single coverage all year, what makes you think he will get open this year.

For the last time, this guy was not double covered very often.

Couldn't agree more.

Did you watch the second half of the season? The half where that temporary problem went away?

Giving up Ginn when you have no better viable option is foolish.
boldin/hartline would be better than boldin/ginn. especially when CB's know all you have to do is jam ginn and he's out of the play 95% of the time.

I just don't see Antonio Bryant being anything better than what we had with Chris Chambers all those years ago. He may not be much better than Chambers was, seeing as how he has only had two 1,000 yard seasons (Chambers had one). Boldin, on the other hand, has had 5 1,000 yard seasons in his 7 years of playing. Plus, Anquan is only 5 months older than Bryant, but we'll see what the front office decides to do.

Boldin is the better player, no question, but he is also a lot more worn out and beat up. He might be only 5 months older but his body has significantly more wear on it.

I'm not sure we'd get more production out of Boldin who would also command draft compensation. That's my only hang up.

Either receiver would bolster our receiving unit tremendously though.

boldin/hartline would be better than boldin/ginn. especially when CB's know all you have to do is jam ginn and he's out of the play 95% of the time.

Concur that Hartline is a better option. The Dolphins rotate their receivers though so often, you can't really distingiush no's 2,3 and 4. If you want top put a number on him he would be best served as a #4.

Last edited by a moderator:

Antonio Bryant can be a stopgap
Antonio Bryant had a bad situation in TB
Antonio Bryant had an amazing season possible repeat
Antonio Bryant is not our first option
Antonio Bryant is better than any WR on this team
Antonio Bryant would not cost us a ton

Back
Top Bottom