Merged X5: The Official Antonio Bryant Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: The Official Antonio Bryant Thread

Damn I can't wait for all the offseason stuff to start. I love the idea of trading a 3rd this year OR a 2nd next year for Boldin. Marshall is great, but does fit the "team-first" mold the trifecta are shooting for. A. Bryant would be a big disappointment. I want a playmaker WR and he is not that.

If we can't trade for Boldin, my next preference would be to draft a WR. Dez Bryant in the 1st or Tate/Benn in the 2nd.

Antonio Bryant is not a #1 receiver, and he can't stay on the field. He isn't consistant at all when he IS on the field. Every once in a while he comes up with a decent season.

I mean he's better than what we have now but he's not even in the same league as Brandon Marshall.

Sign A.Bryant WR, trade for T.Scheffler TE (I highly doubt it would take much) and then draft CJ. Spiller RB/KR. That would make one hell of an offense to have to defend against to go with Hartline, Bess and Brown.

T.Ginn and G.Cam become expendable as would R.Williams.

Then draft defense the rest of the way!

If we're not going after one of the big names, then we need to draft a receiver. Bryant is not worth signing. I assure you a couple of years from now we'd have people on here clamoring over our overpriced underperforming receiving corps if we go this route. He's not a #1 receiver... period.

Last year around this time, this board was circle jerking in unison at the idea of picking up Bryant. Nobody wants him because he's injury prone and incosistent, but people are going crazy for Glass Anquan and/or Braylon Edwards, who defines inconsistance.

If we're not going after one of the big names, then we need to draft a receiver. Bryant is not worth signing. I assure you a couple of years from now we'd have people on here clamoring over our overpriced underperforming receiving corps if we go this route. He's not a #1 receiver... period.

So we draft DEZ in the 1st and he becomes no better then a number 2, or if he's not available then what?

I guess we just draft a WR in the 2nd and I'm sure he'll be a number 1, we just got lucky everyone else passed on him, right!

Signing A.Bryant improves our WR core the day he signs, whether or not he's a true number 1 means nothing. He's really good and that's what matters, he makes big plays that's what matters. Then drafting another impact player at 12 gives us an even better team, Spiller, McClain whoever makes us much better with A.Bryant.

I'd love a number one but I don't think it's that important as some of you believe. Balance on offense that can attack defenses from any angle is what I want. A.Bryant, Spiller, Brown, Hartline, Bess and hopefully a T.Scheffler type TE would be amazing. Dez would be nice if he pans out but how many 4 year and under WR's do we need? People see D.Jackson and M.Crabtree and just expect every other WR to come in and make an impact, it's more unlikely then true.

I'd much rather go A.Bryant and draft a mid to late round guy to develop just as Turner is developing to step in a couple years.

WE will not draft a reciever we will pick one up in March.. I think we will keep Ginn, we will keep Bess...and we will keep Hartline and Turner,we might deal cam.....meanwhile in other news we have like Mullen, Pruitt,johnson..so theres room to shake up the roster but i doubt we draft wrs and then pick one up in FA..we need a sure starter from FA...we really only need 1!...youd be surprised how dynamic our wr corp could be if we we get a dominant one in the mix..one that demands attention...Bess and hartlin are dynamic..ginn is a deep threat or lack there off..but he does participate on special teams..would be scary to have to guard ginn...maybe marsshall type and or bess and hartline..sick young wr corp in my opinion..the wr scenario is simple to solve

I wanted Dez at first but there are some good free agents out there...this will be a defensive draft...as nolan will want to have some say on picks.

Reactions: MD
So we draft DEZ in the 1st and he becomes no better then a number 2, or if he's not available then what?

I guess we just draft a WR in the 2nd and I'm sure he'll be a number 1, we just got lucky everyone else passed on him, right!

Signing A.Bryant improves our WR core the day he signs, whether or not he's a true number 1 means nothing. He's really good and that's what matters, he makes big plays that's what matters. Then drafting another impact player at 12 gives us an even better team, Spiller, McClain whoever makes us much better with A.Bryant.

I'd love a number one but I don't think it's that important as some of you believe. Balance on offense that can attack defenses from any angle is what I want. A.Bryant, Spiller, Brown, Hartline, Bess and hopefully a T.Scheffler type TE would be amazing. Dez would be nice if he pans out but how many 4 year and under WR's do we need? People see D.Jackson and M.Crabtree and just expect every other WR to come in and make an impact, it's more unlikely then true.

I'd much rather go A.Bryant and draft a mid to late round guy to develop just as Turner is developing to step in a couple years.

Anquan Boldin - 2nd Round Draft Pick
Antonio Bryant - 2nd Round Draft Pick (not that I consider him a #1)
Brandon Marshall - 4th Round Draft Pick (possibly the most physically imposing receiver in the league at the moment)

Antonio Bryant is NOT the savior some of you think he is. He isn't the impact player some of you are willing to spend money to bring here. And oh yea... he's had run-ins with not one but two of his former coaches. Some of you make Brandon Marshall sound like a cancer and Bryant sound like the perfect leader/teammate. If I'm gonna put up with all that bad attitude crap it better be for someone actually producing at a superstar level.

Again, I'd rather go with what we already have or draft someone if we're not going after one of the TRUE impact receivers.

we should bring back McMichael and let him and Haynos be our superstar shining stars for Randy did kick Zach and Jason's butts and he did call wanny a yo -yo that right there deserves a title of being the ultimate dolphin because Fasano is gone and our tightend corp is what will get us to the promise land.

lmao wow.

forget brandon ****ING MARSHALL and anquan boldin for.....

ANTONIO BRYANT?!

lol he's an established WR in the NFL....no bad attitude like Marshall right? lmao remember what happened in Dallas...with the Browns...

He's a one year wonder, one and done son.....no thanks on pickin him up

We should draft Dez if he's there, if not we need to trade for Marshall or Boldin, pretty simple I think....

I don't want another average player like Antonio Bryant at WR, I want a stud...like Dez or Marhsall....

I dont want antonio Bryant. Like many others have said we need a playmaker. I would love for boldin or mashall but wouldnt mind Dez.

You guys don't get it. Antonio is a playmaker, and he won't be as expensive (aka more realistic).

Look, the reality is that last season our best receivers were all solid #3's on any other team. Bess and Hartline have potential to grow more, but as of right now, haven't scared anyone. We need an upgrade at the position, period.

A guy like Antonio Bryant will get you 8 TD's in a season. THATS A PLAYMAKER.

Would a 16 TD receiver be nice? Yes. Is it realistic? Not really.

Stop living in a pipe dream, we need a lot more overall improvement and bolstering our WR corp in any way would be beneficial.

last year I was wanting Boldin, but I agree...I think Antonio Bryant is the logical choice. He is cheaper, won't cost us picks, and Parcells is familiar with him. It all seems to fit. He would also bolster our WR core....then we can draft a guy like Brandon Lafell in the 2nd or something. Pick D with #12

In a move that should surprise no one, its pretty much official that he will be available. He and Parcells have a past and Parcells even traded him at one point, but apparently they have kept in touch. What do you guys think? Should we kick the tires?

In a move that should surprise no one, the St. Petersburg Times reports that the Bucs have decided not to use their franchise tag on Antonio Bryant again this year.

In fact, the Bucs aren't expected to use the franchise or transition tag on any players.

It would cost the Bucs more than $10 million to franchise Bryant again, and he only had 600 yards last season. It looks like the Bucs will move on from Bryant at his current asking price and the eighth-leading receiver from 2008 should do well on the open market.

We wonder if one of his former teams -- Cleveland -- would be interested. Jon Gruden could speak to Mike Holmgren about how valuable Bryant was for him.

The Dolphins are another team that makes sense on paper. They love physical receivers and have a need. Bill Parcells and Bryant have a history together -- Parcells once traded him -- but the two have since kept in touch.

Of course, we're just throwing stuff against the wall here. We'll see if any of it sticks like the jersey Bryant once threw at Parcells.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/11/antonio-bryant-is-no-longer-a-franchise-player/

Back
Top Bottom