Merged X5: The Official Brandon Marshall Thread | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: The Official Brandon Marshall Thread

Here's the OTL report for anyone interested. Good to know Parcells isn't the type to spend high picks on criminals like this. Going to enjoy watching him throw his career away in Denver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4A756xTC0s

While Marshall is hardly clean, the chick tried on multiple occasions to blackmail/extort him. I hardly believe her or take her seriously as she continuesly got back together with him. The dude is not a saint, and i have little doubt he did some stuff, but the woman is not as much a victim as she seems(as others pointed out, the physical evidence in court simply did not back up her story). The parents part disgusted me, if my daughter had been truely beaten, i wouldnt have been complaining to the team(what a joke), i would have been in handcuffs going to jail for choking the guy.

Im waiting for the next OTL report about how Big Ben really raped that hotel employee(for those that dont know, the woman's case is in shambles after her coworkers came out and talked about how she bragged about seducing him and hoped she was pregnant).

God i hate espn.

According to this excerpt from ESPN, there is no length of suspension based on how many times a player is in trouble. It reads that it is the commissioner's discretion for first or second offenses. Additionally, he has had only one conviction for DUI. There is a misdemeanor battery charge pending investigation. I don't see how the assumption that he will be suspended for 1 year if he gets in trouble can be made.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2798214
It's not an assumption. It's been said many times.

While Marshall is hardly clean, the chick tried on multiple occasions to blackmail/extort him. I hardly believe her or take her seriously as she continuesly got back together with him. The dude is not a saint, and i have little doubt he did some stuff, but the woman is not as much a victim as she seems(as others pointed out, the physical evidence in court simply did not back up her story). The parents part disgusted me, if my daughter had been truely beaten, i wouldnt have been complaining to the team(what a joke), i would have been in handcuffs going to jail for choking the guy.

Im waiting for the next OTL report about how Big Ben really raped that hotel employee(for those that dont know, the woman's case is in shambles after her coworkers came out and talked about how she bragged about seducing him and hoped she was pregnant).

God i hate espn.
Really, she blackmailed/extort him. No, not really. Brandon Marshall clearly has a drinking problem which has led to most of these assaults. She gave him a few chances by dropping charges, he continued to assault, and got charged with it. What's funny is you claim this girl blackmailed/extort him, yet he's been seen assaulting his new fiance :lol: Let me guess, she's extorting him too huh.

Well this has gotten out of hand. I thought we moved past the Brandon Marshall stage. I mean the love affair went from Brandon Marshall, to Vince Wilfork, to Karlos Dansby, and recently to Miles Austin....and its already back to Brandon Marshall just because a single article from a historically inaccurate source posts a rumor(the same people suggesting we will trade high draft picks away despite Parcells long history opposing that)?

I wish i still had it in my sig: Pat Bowlen has stated numerous times he wants Marshall in Denver. McDaniels swooned over Marshall after he bought into the system. Other then a week 17 pull(which was caused by being late to a meeting unless im mistaken, not something like burning down a building or robbing a bank), Marshall and McDaniels got along famously and on multiple occasions stopped games/press conferances to celebrate with each other.

Now, to say Marshall might be tramatized by the death of his friend Darrent Williams and want to get away is COMMON SENSE. Yet, despite the murder, he has since been taking multiple measures to try and stay in Denver, humbly apologizing for his actions, showing a higher road, and openingly campaigning to stay. With this new attitude, with the things already listed...why in gods name do people think he's going anywhere at all? Much less for a steal.
I agree with this. Marshall isn't coming to Miami, might as well stop thinking about it. Who knows what Marshall really wants though. He probably is traumatized at the Williams situation, but I call bs on him saying it's the reason he wants to leave Denver. Classic move by Marshall though to try and paint himself as a victim to save some face. Not going to buy it though.

Really, she blackmailed/extort him. No, not really. Brandon Marshall clearly has a drinking problem which has led to most of these assaults. She gave him a few chances by dropping charges, he continued to assault, and got charged with it. What's funny is you claim this girl blackmailed/extort him, yet he's been seen assaulting his new fiance :lol: Let me guess, she's extorting him too huh.

First, her attorney demanded half a million dollars for her to keep quiet.

Second, her attorney "kindly" dropped it to 100,000 dollars for her to keep quiet.

Right there in your own link. She gave him a few chances? She knew him for 12 years, and the "abuse started" in college(so to be fair, lets say 4 years of lieing to police one way or another). That knife wound was proven, by the cops on the scene, not to be his fault(it is in Marshall's response, an interview with espn). As well, the case with his new fiance:

March 1, 2009: Marshall and his fiancée, Nogami-Campbell, were seen by an off-duty Atlanta police officer arguing outside the same Atlanta condo Marshall once shared with Watley. According to a police report of the incident, the off-duty officer saw Marshall and Nogami-Campbell kicking and punching one another on the sidewalk outside the condo building. The off-duty officer said she saw Marshall grab Nogami-Campbell by the shirt and pin her up against the wall. Nogami-Campbell continued to kick and hit Marshall, the officer said. Both Marshall and Nogami-Campbell were arrested and taken to the Atlanta City Jail. They were released later that same day and charges were dismissed. In a statement to ESPN, the NFL said the incident remains “under review.”

So according to the police on scene: he pins her to the wall and grabs her shirt...while she is hitting and kicking him. Hardly a victim, as the report stated a mere sentence earlier, but can you honestly say you willing let someone beat the crap outta you and just say "ho hum, i shouldnt prevent this from happening".

Marshall is a thug and i dont want him on the team, but OTL home girl(and her "tearful" parents) were straight up taking advantage of a situation for their own personal wealth...like they have tried to do in the past.

I agree with this. Marshall isn't coming to Miami, might as well stop thinking about it. Who knows what Marshall really wants though. He probably is traumatized at the Williams situation, but I call bs on him saying it's the reason he wants to leave Denver. Class move by Marshall though to try and paint himself as a victim to save some face. Not going to buy it though.

I agree, this is about money. First and last point, the man wants the get paid. Period.

Wow how facts get clouded! Marshall has one conviction it was a DUI plead down to Driving While Under Imparement, it is a C Traffic Misdemeanor, same as a speeding ticket or careless driving. Marshall was never found guilty of any Domestic Violence, Assault or Battery Charges. He did complete pretrail anger management classes and the case was dismissed. There was no actual adjudication of guilt. The league has already completed all investigations of all incidents and have informed Marshall he will not be suspended. The final incident with his fiancee has yet to have a charge filed and is coming up against it's statute of limitation in March.

This big knife wound, well The Fulton County Prosecuter is on record stating no chargers were filed because the knife wound appeared to be self inflicted. Several other investigators were on record saying the EX never told the same story twice.

This big knife wound, well The Fulton County Prosecuter is on record stating no chargers were filed because the knife wound appeared to be self inflicted. Several other investigators were on record saying the EX never told the same story twice.

My bad, i thought that was one of the things that went to court and the officers that investigated the scene determined it was self inflicted. And yes, the Ex had changed the story multiple times, i thought that people kinda figured that out when i spoke of her lieing to the cops.

Man, i need to track down that espn interview. Anyone wanna help me out(see: im lazy)?

edit: found it! http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4219131&categoryid=3286128

Maybe we should take that chance .... snatch up a couple of these guys .... & replace our ridiculous fight song with Afroman's Because I Got High to hedge our bets.

At least we'd end up with a good song to sing at games, wouldn't even have to cry if they bust ... just sing along & smile, baby!!

Observation about the thread ... ain't it just grand the issues these players come up with when we make them filthy rich? I wanna live large too like my heros ... I'm gonna have to go find a WalMart in another city because my friend died by some DUI.

My bad, i thought that was one of the things that went to court and the officers that investigated the scene determined it was self inflicted. And yes, the Ex had changed the story multiple times, i thought that people kinda figured that out when i spoke of her lieing to the cops.

Man, i need to track down that espn interview. Anyone wanna help me out(see: im lazy)?

edit: found it! [/quote] No you had it right, th... Clerk Of Courts website and find case files.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not an assumption. It's been said many times.

Well if it's true I'll happily take my crow medium well. :lol:

It's really not worth getting in to a long debate because Marshall will not be brought in by the Trifecta.

You naysayers are incredible.

As to RW, be honest for once in your life, and answer this question. WHEN RICKY CAME BACK, how many of you thought he'd make it to retirement? How many of you DIDN'T think he'd get that last strike, and quickly? And forget the bull$pit "Ricky didn't cost much": a 2nd, and no doubt a 3rd, would be PEANUTS to pay for a WR of MARSHALL's ability, and the $$$ end could be covered by contract provisions, as was previously mentioned. So, in fact, MARSHALL DOESN'T COST MUCH, EITHER. If "risk/reward" means anything, then it should become a "done deal" a/s/a/p.

As to the wife-beating, it's been a while now, but when McMICHAEL was here (and before he started dropping so many passes) I don't recall ONE of you saying $pit. So now, you sanctimoniuously mouthe off? Shove it, you hypocrite-turkeys! Where were you all when our Mr. RANDY McMICHAEL was beating up HIS woman?

Back
Top Bottom