Merged X5: The Official Brandon Marshall Thread | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: The Official Brandon Marshall Thread

Like most of us here, I just wanna win.. I try not to involve myself in the off the field issues as I cant do anything about it and its up the the staff to discipline players...Definately Id bring in marshall no questions asked. We do have a wr issue right? wanna solve it or not?

The only problem is if he gets suspended we wasted a 2nd round pick on him. We have wasted enough second round picks over the last several years.

I may be wrong but I think you are confusing drug suspensions with disciplinary suspensions.
I'm not. There is such thing as a personal conduct policy. And that's more strict than the drug policy. Marshall wasn't suspended for disciplinary reasons, he was suspened for doing such things as throwing bricks at his girlfriend, stabbing his girlfriend, beating his girlfriend. The guy is a thug, criminal, and most certainly a headcase. Six domestic disputes since 2006, 11 times the police were there since 2006, and a few dui's/traffic infractions to boot. And now the guy has the nerve to try and paint himself as a victim.

If we can get him for a second round pick and we don't I would be really pissed off

we took that chance with ricky williams didn't we? sometimes you have to go for it man. If they are lucky to get a third, than let's offer them a third.

the guy had 21 catches in one game last year, ginn had what 40, bess maybe 70?

it's a chance I would take, especially if the pricetag is only a 3rd.

certainly there is somebody on this roster we can move for a 3rd or 2nd rounder and use it to acquir marshall.

structure his contract accordingly. off field issues and on field performance apply.
Not really. With what we were paying Ricky after he came back, it really wasn't a chance at all, more like a bargain.

If we can get him for a second round pick and we don't I would be really pissed off
May be time to be really pissed off then as we both know Parcells isn't trading for this loser. Thank god we have people in the FO who know what they're doing. If this was still the Mueller/Spielman days we surely would of made a horrible trade, giving up a high pick for this headcase.

May be time to be really pissed off then as we both know Parcells isn't trading for this loser. Thank god we have people in the FO who know what they're doing. If this was still the Mueller/Spielman days we surely would of made a horrible trade, giving up a high pick for this headcase.

how much jail time has he done.

how many charges were filed only to be dropped?

I'm not saying he's a saint by any means, but how does he do all the things you say and not be locked for a long long time by now.

Every great player has a down side. But do you not see talent he is easly a top 5 wr in the NFL. Sure he has had problems before but how do you know he hasn't put those behind him like a lot of other NFL players have done. The worst thing he did last year was throw a fit because him team traded jay cutler But he instently make our offense better then we can work on defense through the rest of the draft instead of taking a chance on a unproven WR that hasn't done a thing in the NFL.

how much jail time has he done.

how many charges were filed only to be dropped?

I'm not saying he's a saint by any means, but how does he do all the things you say and not be locked for a long long time by now.
The wonderful world of being a celebrity and plea bargains. If only I could stab my girlfriend in the leg and my sentence only to be to complete an anger management course. Of course I'm just an average joe, so I'd still be in jail.

Every great player has a down side. But do you not see talent he is easly a top 5 wr in the NFL. Sure he has had problems before but how do you know he hasn't put those behind him like a lot of other NFL players have done. The worst thing he did last year was throw a fit because him team traded jay cutler But he instently make our offense better then we can work on defense through the rest of the draft instead of taking a chance on a unproven WR that hasn't done a thing in the NFL.
Because he's a thug. You see people like Brandon Marshall all the time. 9/10 times they never change, Marshall is no different. Hope he enjoys Denver, he may have to settle being there for a long time.

Not really. With what we were paying Ricky after he came back, it really wasn't a chance at all, more like a bargain.

and the years he had already set us back and draft picks he cost us, when he suddenly retired on us?????

some say, if we get marshall for a second and he gets suspended, we wasted another second round pick...

I say, if we get marshall for a 2nd round pick, and he stays free from trouble, and scored 12 tds and surpasses 1000 yards, we got a steal.

find it really hard to believe you can stab someone and just go to anger management.

that makes sense on no level.

do you have a link for this.

he had to be charged with something, and if you STAB someone and they press charges, and you plead guilty, you will NOT get off with an anger management class.

not calling you a liar... just really having a hard time coming to grips with that one.

find it really hard to believe you can stab someone and just go to anger management.

that makes sense on no level.

do you have a link for this.

he had to be charged with something, and if you STAB someone and they press charges, and you plead guilty, you will NOT get off with an anger management class.

not calling you a liar... just really having a hard time coming to grips with that one.
Plea Bargain. And there was an Outside the Lines report on ESPN last year detailing just how much of a headcase Marshall is. 911 calls, pictures of bruises/stab wound to the leg, police reports, etc. I'm sure you can find this on google no problem.

Vontae Davis was considered a "thug" or a "headcase" coming out of college but Bill Parcells never takes headcases does he. Anyone can change I don't care what they have done everyone deserves a second chance.

Plea Bargain.

so your telling me he STABS someone, and plea bargains an aggravated assault at the least, attempted homicide at the most charge down to something so trivial as disturbing the peace citation and has to do an anger management class???????

Well, to be fair ... Stallworth killed someone and only got a month. Just saying.

Back
Top Bottom