Merged X5: The Official Brandon Marshall Thread | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: The Official Brandon Marshall Thread

I'm the Arizona Cardinals GM. I say we need to lose some money off our books. You can have Larry Fitzgerald for a 1st. You are saying you won't do that?

I'm the Detroit Lions GM. Our team sucks so it's time to re-build. Give us a 1st in 2010 and a 3rd in 2011 for Calvin Johnson. You aren't doing that either?

Come on, I love Marshall and AJ is a Top 2 WR in the league, but you forgot 2 of the other ELITE WR's in the league.

Honestly maybe on the 1st deal and no on the 2nd.

Unless his name is Andre Johnson i wouldnt want to give up on my 1st round pick. and Especially a 1st and a 3rd for C. Johnson.

Now thats me, thats how I feel about the importance of my own (Dolphins) draft pics. If the dolphins went ahead and pulled the trade for FItz I would be more then happy. If they did the same for Calvin I wouldnt.
Chubbs

Unless his name is Andre Johnson i wouldnt want to give up on my 1st round pick. and Especially a 1st and a 3rd for C. Johnson.

Now thats me, thats how I feel about the importance of my own (Dolphins) draft pics. If the dolphins went ahead and pulled the trade for FItz I would be more then happy. If they did the same for Calvin I wouldnt.
Chubbs

Wow. I just think WR's like that don't come around very often and will ALWAYS go in the 1st 5 picks of the draft. I personally don't want to be in a position to draft in the 1st 5 picks for a long time.

Believe me, it's so hard to acquire a WR the caliber of these guys with a mid to late round draft pick.

To each his own I guess.

well if he goes to the pats we will just kick his a## 2games a year...............

With all due respect, comparing Ricky to Marshall is like comparing Cheech and Chong to Bonnie and Clyde.

Ricky certainly hurt the team as Marshall has the high potential to also do, but other than that, Ricky never violently struck another person, especially the ones who loved him while Marshall was never asked by an incompetent HC to be a workhorse involved in 30 plays every game.

Sorry, just not apples to apples.

I was in no way comparing WHAT they each did. In fact I completely disagree with their punishments in general. Ricky should have not had the same penalty for his actions that Marshall did period. Domestic abuse is a whole different animal.

My comparison was of suspensions being a risk. Someone's history of violence is not one to likely go away as is one of a drug habit. Ricky isn't even giving up his habit, he is postponing it to after his playing days. I was just saying their actions receive the same consequences from the league and are of the same risk at this stage.

To me there is a better chance of Brandon changing his ways then us drafting the same caliber player in the second round. EVEN if we did who is to say there wouldn't be character issues too.

Chubbs

I would like to know your thought process behind this. There isn't a WR in this draft even remotely as talented as CJ and you wouldn't give up a 1st for him? A young 6-5 WR with sub 4.4 speed, great hands and leaping ability who has already put up a monster season on one of the worst teams in NFL history, and that's not worthy of the 12th overall pick? Hell if we were picking in the top 5 I'd still gladly give up a 1st for CJ but even then it wouldn't be enough to get the deal done.

Actually I am not, there is a progression the NFL follows before they suspend a player for a year. Compare Chris Henry and Tank Johnson receiving a 8 game suspension after convictions with jail time. Or better yet Michael Vick he went to Federal Prison and his actual NFL suspension was just 3 games.
And that progression has nothing to do with how many games they were suspended the incident before. One more incident will be his 3rd strike, and that 3rd strike is a yearlong suspension. Honestly can't wait until he does receive his suspension. He doesn't deserve to be making the money he does.

I'm the Arizona Cardinals GM. I say we need to lose some money off our books. You can have Larry Fitzgerald for a 1st. You are saying you won't do that?

I'm the Detroit Lions GM. Our team sucks so it's time to re-build. Give us a 1st in 2010 and a 3rd in 2011 for Calvin Johnson. You aren't doing that either?

Come on, I love Marshall and AJ is a Top 2 WR in the league, but you forgot 2 of the other ELITE WR's in the league.
The Lions are rebuilding alright, rebuilding around Calvin Johnson. They're not trading him, so let's just get that thought out of our heads. Is he worth a 1st and a 3rd? Absolutely. Are we in position to trade a 1st and a 3rd for him? My god no.

And that progression has nothing to do with how many games they were suspended the incident before. One more incident will be his 3rd strike, and that 3rd strike is a yearlong suspension. Honestly can't wait until he does receive his suspension. He doesn't deserve to be making the money he does.

I may be wrong but I think you are confusing drug suspensions with disciplinary suspensions.

Point is? I guess he was supposed to make a flawless transition from full time QB to whatever the coaching staff envisions him to be in one year right?

umm...im pretty sure the coaching staff said they envisioned him to be a quarterback

and he failed to complete 1 pass in his first year

Marshall is easily worth a 2nd round pick (even with his suposed problems). Make the trade and go for defense in the first round. Sign Dansby and Rolle as well. That fixes our problems with #1 WR, Starting ILB, and FS. All that leaves in the middle of the defense is NT.

As far as the arrogant jerk named McDaniels, I would probably tell him to go screw himself to.

No questions asked eh? Here's a question to ask. What do we do then when he's suspended for a year since one more incident is all it takes? He's a criminal, a d-bag. He will get suspended for a year. Denver will be lucky to get a 3rd for Marshall for that reason alone.

we took that chance with ricky williams didn't we? sometimes you have to go for it man. If they are lucky to get a third, than let's offer them a third.

the guy had 21 catches in one game last year, ginn had what 40, bess maybe 70?

it's a chance I would take, especially if the pricetag is only a 3rd.

certainly there is somebody on this roster we can move for a 3rd or 2nd rounder and use it to acquir marshall.

structure his contract accordingly. off field issues and on field performance apply.

we took that chance with ricky williams didn't we? sometimes you have to go for it man. If they are lucky to get a third, than let's offer them a third.

the guy had 21 catches in one game last year, ginn had what 40, bess maybe 70?

it's a chance I would take, especially if the pricetag is only a 3rd.

certainly there is somebody on this roster we can move for a 3rd or 2nd rounder and use it to acquir marshall.

structure his contract accordingly. off field issues and on field performance apply.

lol exactly

football is all about chances

culpepper was alot more of a risk for a 2nd rounder and even that was considered a good trade...he had been hurt and involved in a scandal

Marshall is easily worth a 2nd round pick (even with his suposed problems). Make the trade and go for defense in the first round. Sign Dansby and Rolle as well. That fixes our problems with #1 WR, Starting ILB, and FS. All that leaves in the middle of the defense is NT.

As far as the arrogant jerk named McDaniels, I would probably tell him to go screw himself to.

it can't possibly be a coincidence mcdaniels butts head with everyone.

cutler, nolan, marshall to name a few... anybody else see the common denominator?

I would like to know your thought process behind this. There isn't a WR in this draft even remotely as talented as CJ and you wouldn't give up a 1st for him? A young 6-5 WR with sub 4.4 speed, great hands and leaping ability who has already put up a monster season on one of the worst teams in NFL history, and that's not worthy of the 12th overall pick? Hell if we were picking in the top 5 I'd still gladly give up a 1st for CJ but even then it wouldn't be enough to get the deal done.

Correction: The worst team in NFL history. Lions went the full 0-16 that year.

Calvin Johnson is a monster. And he's only 24, yet he's already proven himself. I would trade our 1st, 2nd, AND 3rd round picks for Calvin to be honest. He is that good. Just look at the quality of the QB's Calvin has played with, or the team for that matter.

But then again, why are we even talking about trying to get Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson for 1st round picks? Do you really think the Cardinals will give up Fitzgerald for the 12th overall, when he went 3rd overall in 2004? Do you really expect the Lions to trade Calvin Johnson, when he is critical to Stafford's development as a quarterback?

The only "star" receiver that is remotely affordable is Brandon Marshall, and we should jump on that.... Because think about it. If Denver ends up trading Marshall, they select Dez Bryant. And we lose on both ends... And if the team that ends up with Brandon Marshall is the Patriots (have 3 2nd rounders this year and 2 1st rounders next year)... then we will be screwed for years to come. And every time there is a "Touchdown Patriots! Brady to Marshall!" I will throw a rock at my TV.

Back
Top Bottom