Merged X5: The Official Brandon Marshall Thread | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: The Official Brandon Marshall Thread

Vontae Davis was considered a "thug" or a "headcase" coming out of college but Bill Parcells never takes headcases does he. Anyone can change I don't care what they have done everyone deserves a second chance.
No, he wasn't. Davis has never been thought of as a "Thug", or a "headcase". More like arrogant/****y with supposed work ethic issues. As it turns out, that was all false, aside from Davis being pretty arrogant, which I think is a good thing in his case. Marshall has had 6 domestic disputes since 2006, police have answered eleven 911 calls to his house, and has had a dui or two on top of that. I think it's safe to say the guy has been given much more than a 2nd chance, but because he's Brandon Marshall, will surely dissapoint again as he continues to beat women.

so your telling me he STABS someone, and plea bargains an aggravated assault at the least, attempted homicide at the most charge down to something so trivial as disturbing the peace citation and has to do an anger management class???????
Pretty much. Though I'm pretty sure he was still charged with assault, but instead of jail time, received probation and a court ordered anger management course. Not sure, don't really remember that OTL report, and don't feel like doing the googling for you because Marshall will not be a Dolphin, 0% chance.

May be time to be really pissed off then as we both know Parcells isn't trading for this loser. Thank god we have people in the FO who know what they're doing. If this was still the Mueller/Spielman days we surely would of made a horrible trade, giving up a high pick for this headcase.

Really? We have people that know what they are doing? Who is our best WR?

Hell, we picked a WR in the third round that didn't even see the field last year. There was a WR picked in the fifth round that was better than either of the guys we picked in the third or fourth rounds. They know what they are doing? Seriously?

Glad they aren't clueless!:rolleyes2:

PFF rated Marshall 32nd in the league last year.

And you guys want to give up picks??????????

And you want to pay him big money??????????????

And you want to risk team cohesion for this_____??????????

Some guys make flashy plays and look real good doing it, but I'd much rather have
effectiveness and production any day.

I would love to see this cancer in New England.

PFF rated Marshall 32nd in the league last year.

And you guys want to give up picks??????????

And you want to pay him big money??????????????

And you want to risk team cohesion for this_____??????????

Some guys make flashy plays and look real good doing it, but I'd much rather have
effectiveness and production any day.

I would love to see this cancer in New England.

and our effectiveness and production come in the form of what exactly?

Here's the OTL report for anyone interested. Good to know Parcells isn't the type to spend high picks on criminals like this. Going to enjoy watching him throw his career away in Denver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4A756xTC0s

to each his own, but I'll be patiently awaiting the day we have a more productive reciever than marsh in miami... good thing I am quite patient as I think I'll be waiting awhile.

and if marsh gets suspended this year, I'll be the first to eat on crow on the post about it.

Really? We have people that know what they are doing? Who is our best WR?

Hell, we picked a WR in the third round that didn't even see the field last year. There was a WR picked in the fifth round that was better than either of the guys we picked in the third or fourth rounds. They know what they are doing? Seriously?

Glad they aren't clueless!:rolleyes2:
Geauxfins eh. Can't really take you serious, I mean you were voted the biggest debbie downer for a reason. That reason is posts like this, where you forget to add all the great picks that far outweigh the bad ones. Nice try though.

and our effectiveness and production come in the form of what exactly?

I'm just saying, we need to look else where. He isn't worth the trouble. He is stupid and dysfunctional, he had a ton of penalties and he is one of the worst blocking WR's in the NFL. The guy is bad news.

He made some great plays last year that looked real good on tape but he isn't the best WR or even close; if you buy the science.

I'm not. There is such thing as a personal conduct policy. And that's more strict than the drug policy. Marshall wasn't suspended for disciplinary reasons, he was suspened for doing such things as throwing bricks at his girlfriend, stabbing his girlfriend, beating his girlfriend. The guy is a thug, criminal, and most certainly a headcase. Six domestic disputes since 2006, 11 times the police were there since 2006, and a few dui's/traffic infractions to boot. And now the guy has the nerve to try and paint himself as a victim.

According to this excerpt from ESPN, there is no length of suspension based on how many times a player is in trouble. It reads that it is the commissioner's discretion for first or second offenses. Additionally, he has had only one conviction for DUI. There is a misdemeanor battery charge pending investigation. I don't see how the assumption that he will be suspended for 1 year if he gets in trouble can be made.

Any Covered Person convicted of or admitting to a criminal violation (including a plea to a lesser included offense; a plea of nolo contendere or no contest; or the acceptance of a diversionary program, deferred adjudication, disposition of supervision, or similar arrangement) will be subject to discipline as determined by the Commissioner. Such discipline may include a fine, suspension without pay and/or banishment from the League. Any Covered Person convicted of or admitting to a second criminal violation will be suspended without pay or banished for a period of time to be determined by the Commissioner.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2798214

and the years he had already set us back and draft picks he cost us, when he suddenly retired on us?????

some say, if we get marshall for a second and he gets suspended, we wasted another second round pick...

I say, if we get marshall for a 2nd round pick, and he stays free from trouble, and scored 12 tds and surpasses 1000 yards, we got a steal.
No doubt. It's a high risk high reward situation. I really don't see the Trifecta wanting Marshall but it is still an interesting debate.

Trouble is, Marshall in Miami would be a disaster waiting to happen. The night life would get him in a lot of trouble.

Well this has gotten out of hand. I thought we moved past the Brandon Marshall stage. I mean the love affair went from Brandon Marshall, to Vince Wilfork, to Karlos Dansby, and recently to Miles Austin....and its already back to Brandon Marshall just because a single article from a historically inaccurate source posts a rumor(the same people suggesting we will trade high draft picks away despite Parcells long history opposing that)?

I wish i still had it in my sig: Pat Bowlen has stated numerous times he wants Marshall in Denver. McDaniels swooned over Marshall after he bought into the system. Other then a week 17 pull(which was caused by being late to a meeting unless im mistaken, not something like burning down a building or robbing a bank), Marshall and McDaniels got along famously and on multiple occasions stopped games/press conferances to celebrate with each other.

Now, to say Marshall might be tramatized by the death of his friend Darrent Williams and want to get away is COMMON SENSE. Yet, despite the murder, he has since been taking multiple measures to try and stay in Denver, humbly apologizing for his actions, showing a higher road, and openingly campaigning to stay. With this new attitude, with the things already listed...why in gods name do people think he's going anywhere at all? Much less for a steal.

Back
Top Bottom