Merged X5: The Official Brandon Marshall Thread | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: The Official Brandon Marshall Thread

lol parcells did NOT draft keyshawn

and as far as pat white...how is he a playmaker?

White's whole college career shows his ability as a playmaker. he has the speed and the arm as shown pre-draft. He just needs to make the transition. to be honest if i was thrown into playing time so early as a non-threat to really pass the ball effectively and was that tiny and raw (as a NFL QB) i would be scared to death running the ball out of the wildcat against NFL size and speed.

Cost of Trading for Marshall!!!

Recently I posted a Poll asking which WR you would all want. I took a lot of criticism over saying that it would take just a 2nd Round Pick to acquire Brandon Marshall!!! Most of you said that without a doubt for a 2nd you would trade for Marshall. Well now ESPN is reporting that he can probably be had for a 2nd Round Pick!!! The bad note is that they are speculating that the Patsies could use one of their (3) 2nd round picks to acquire him. Thought I would post the ESPN INsider article so you could all read it!

Here it is:

Second-rounder for Marshall?

11:26AM ET
Brandon Marshall | Broncos | Interested: Browns?, Buccaneers?, Dolphins?, Rams?, Cardinals?, Cowboys?, Patriots?, Bengals?, Seahawks?, Redskins?, Ravens?

Top Email

Destinations for Brandon

• The first speculation was that Marshall would be headed to the Seahawks or the Redskins, via two of our NFL Nation bloggers.
  • Cincinnati has the need for a second WR to go along with Chad Ochocinco, but we're not sure the Bengals would want another head case, T.O. rumors notwithstanding.
  • The Cowboys need a legitimate No. 1 WR and Jerry Jones would have no problem forking out cash for a new deal to Marshall.
  • Dave Krieger of the Denver Post speculated on some new spots: the Ravens, Dolphins and Cardinals.

There's been a lot of speculation over the past month and change as to where Brandon Marshall will wind up in 2010. Mike Klis of the Denver Post noted recently that despite Marshall's being contrite about this past season, he's likely to be shopped anyway. As far as a price tag goes, Peter King of Sports Illustrated opined on Monday that a deal could get done for a second-rounder. Don't forget that the Patriots have three second-rounders this April.
One destination that will be mentioned for any receiver this offseason is Baltimore. The team is bankrupt at the position, and in order for Joe Flacco to properly develop, he needs to have a stronger cast of pass-catchers. But will Marshall's character give the team second thoughts? Not according to what owner Steve Bisciotti told Aaron Wilson of National Football Post.
But back to the Patriots. Randy Moss isn't getting any younger (and could be traded away himself), and who knows what kind of shape Wes Welker will be in after shredding his knee to close out 2009. Here's the Professor John Clayton on that possibility. Meanwhile, NFC West blogger Mike Sando says you can't take the Seahawks out of the picture just yet:

sando_mike_30-1.jpg
Mike Sando

'Hawks need the help
"I'd say it's likely the Broncos trade Marshall this offseason and, until we hear otherwise, Seattle would have to rank among the more logical destinations."​

If we could get #1 (Marshall) and #2 (Boldin) receivers without giving up any players or a 1st round pick, why would we hesitate?

call and give a 2nd and ginn right now.....before anyone else offers

I would give up our 2nd for him Why not then we can go defence in the 1st round.
I would think with a change he might smarten up.

I'd rather get Moss from the Pats after they dump him for Marshall.

lol typically 2nd round offensive players have more than 2 plays with positive yardage even in their first year

lol typically 2nd round offensive players have more than 2 plays with positive yardage even in their first year
Point is? I guess he was supposed to make a flawless transition from full time QB to whatever the coaching staff envisions him to be in one year right?

If it were a 2nd round pick I would say done deal and then use the #12 pick to address the LB position. McLain and Marshall would have the makings of this being one of the greatest Dolphin drafts of all-time, just behind 1983.

Back
Top Bottom