Merged X5: The Official Brandon Marshall Thread | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: The Official Brandon Marshall Thread

why does everyone associate a 2nd round pick with Pat White? i mean its kind of ridiculous. Not EVERY pick works out. That doesnt mean EVERY pick in round 2 is gonna suck. I mean where is this logic coming from?
i agree with this. the same could be said about the 1st and 3rd picks for miles austin. people who are for that trade compare miami's recent 1st and 3rds. Pretty ridiculous.

Calling Henne a franchise Qb is early, yet calling White a wasted pick isn't :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.

Henne not equal to Marshall in terms of production? :lol: Because a WR who's guranteed to be suspended for a year is so much more important than a franchise QB. That risk of Marshall screwing up again is actually more like a guarantee. And I'll take that "risk" of a 2nd rounder panning out over the risk of Marshall beating women and partying his way to a lengthy jail sentence and suspensions.

Get real. I would bet my life that Pat White is not going to be anything in this league. 3rd string at best. What looks promising about him?

As far as Marshall, evidently you have more info on him than anybody else in the league since you KNOW that hes getting suspended again. I wish I had your source, which must be God himself

Just putting the facts out there :lol:
just remember a change of scenery could do wonders for a persons attitude, Play & off the field issues etc...
Nothing is a gaurantee one way or another its all assumptions either way.
Chubbs

Get real. I would bet my life that Pat White is not going to be anything in this league. 3rd string at best. What looks promising about him?

As far as Marshall, evidently you have more info on him than anybody else in the league since you KNOW that hes getting suspended again. I wish I had your source, which must be God himself
What looks promising about him? The fact he's a playmaker. If you honestly think Pat White was drafted to be a full time QB, you're fooling yourself.

My source is my common sense.

just remember a change of scenery could do wonders for a persons attitude, Play & off the field issues etc...
Nothing is a gaurantee one way or another its all assumptions either way.
Chubbs
The problem with that change of scenery thing is that Miami is far worse for a player like Marshall than Denver, and Marshall is from Florida (with a criminal record in the state) so it's not really much of a change of scenery to begin with.

history tends to repeat itself

man forgot history keep messing around with this history shows crap and we are gonna end up with a nfl lockout..Doesnt matter what players you have at that point ..no seriously..get the talent.. if they mess up thats their lost and ours...thats a risk you take every season.. re signing guys and then they get injuried for the season...whether off the field incidents or not, i am truly only concerned with field performance..unless its on some murderer business or vick operations.

Marshall has the ability to be one of the top WR in the game for the next 10 yrs....if his price tag is a 2 we do it in a heart beat and roll the dice......I doubt that Denver will not patch things up with him, like a new contract, before he leaves town. Cutler is not in the same class as Marshall when it comes to talent, they will handle this much different.

The problem with that change of scenery thing is that Miami is far worse for a player like Marshall than Denver, and Marshall is from Florida (with a criminal record in the state) so it's not really much of a change of scenery to begin with.
i think part of the "change of scenery" has to do with the coaches and players around him. that's just imo.

Parcells aint gonna bring in a guy like that. Hes too much of a ME guy for this team anyway. Boldin is more of a Parcells guy. He isnt real flashy and he plays tough. You can argue Marshall is better or whatever but i dont see us going for him at all. We can get Boldin for less. Its definately alot more realistic.

Is Boldin really that injury prone tho? I know hes had tweaked hamstrings and an ankle injury but what other injuries has he had? I mean he had every bone in his face broken from a hit and was back a few weeks later. It just happened. Anyone else wouldve had a broken face, his face didnt break because he was the player that got hit like that. Yes, he has missed a bunch of games in his career...BUT...

in 7 years in the league hes had over 100 receptions twice, three seasons with 80 or more receptions, one with 71 and one with 56. Hes got 7,520 yards 44 tds and has been the 2nd wide receiver there. I think Boldin is somewhat of a realistic option and I honestly would really like it if its for the right price.

Back
Top Bottom