Merged X5: The Official Brandon Marshall Thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: The Official Brandon Marshall Thread

lol Marshall is a risk...sure

kinda the way using a 2nd round draft pick on a guy like Pat White was a risk

would you rather "risk" using a 2nd for Marshall or trust the front office with that 2nd rounder?

Not just you many feel the same about him.. But you make the contract player friendly, with realistic incentives and above average salary all the while protecting the team with clauses and everyone wins.
chubbs
I agree. That would be for the good of the team and Marshall. Problem is, I highly doubt Marshall knows what's good for himself :lol:.

How do you know he would agree to an incentive laden contract with clauses? Maybe it's just me, but Marshall comes off as the type of guy who wants as much money as he possibly can, and incentives/clauses doesn't fit into that.

BTW, i do not feel your offbase at all, I think many of the concerns you mentioned would have to be on the Dolphins minds if they are truly interested.

But at some point a team has got to decide between Risk vs. Reward and protect themselves as much possibe.

Its all hit or miss really Hell just like the draft :)

Marshall could be our version of NE's Randy Moss or our version of Dallas's Roy Williams.

or he could not affect us at all. Who the hell knows.
Chubbs

would you rather "risk" using a 2nd for Marshall or trust the front office with that 2nd rounder?

why does everyone associate a 2nd round pick with Pat White? i mean its kind of ridiculous. Not EVERY pick works out. That doesnt mean EVERY pick in round 2 is gonna suck. I mean where is this logic coming from?

Kind of like the risk of a 2nd rounder being used on a franchise QB? Oh wait... Kind of like the risk of using a 2nd rounder on a franchise CB? Oh wait... Yes, I think I'll trust the front office, who has built every team he's been on into a contender with our 2nd round pick. Not to mention Pat White's been in the league a whopping 1 season, so for people to already call him a bust is foolish at best.

why does everyone associate a 2nd round pick with Pat White? i mean its kind of ridiculous. Not EVERY pick works out. That doesnt mean EVERY pick in round 2 is gonna suck. I mean where is this logic coming from?

Pat White is just the worst example

rarely do you get a guy in the top 5 at his position in the NFL for a 2nd round pick

so why pass it up because of "risk" when the whole damn thing is based on "risk"?

Great player but a scummy person. No Thanks. Remember this guy has been arrested numerous times for domestic disputes as well. I'll pass on that.

That is clearly just a difference of opinions here. I thought Ricky wouldn't let me down after a drug test, random retirement...I thought he wouldnt fail again and he did, twice more. Sure right when he is backed into a corner he has his head straight and is doing well.

I agree, Ricky has changed or so I hope and I don't see him breaking our heart again, but he did MANY times...just like Marshall has.

The allegations are obviously to different extremes. I do not condone beating one's spouse EVER. I got to UCF and am a fan of Marshall as a player just like I enjoyed watching Vick, as a player and will continue to enjoy watching Tiger, as a player but not as a person.

Brandon Marshall is ELITE, something we have not seen in awhile. He is an absolute playmaker and risk management is all about wager and reward. No matter what WR we get, there is some risk involved, but ONE needs to show up on the field this season and that one certainly isn't on our roster today.

With all due respect, comparing Ricky to Marshall is like comparing Cheech and Chong to Bonnie and Clyde.

Ricky certainly hurt the team as Marshall has the high potential to also do, but other than that, Ricky never violently struck another person, especially the ones who loved him while Marshall was never asked by an incompetent HC to be a workhorse involved in 30 plays every game.

Sorry, just not apples to apples.

Pat white wasnt a risk we needed a qb and he was a dynamic one for what we are trying to do here...give the kid some time

Pat White is just the worst example

rarely do you get a guy in the top 5 at his position in the NFL for a 2nd round pick

so why pass it up because of "risk" when the whole damn thing is based on "risk"?
Because the risk of a 2nd rounder panning out is far greater than the risk of Marshall not being suspended for a year?

Kind of like the risk of a 2nd rounder being used on a franchise QB? Oh wait... Kind of like the risk of using a 2nd rounder on a franchise CB? Oh wait... Yes, I think I'll trust the front office, who has built every team he's been on into a contender with our 2nd round pick. Not to mention Pat White's been in the league a whopping 1 season, so for people to already call him a bust is foolish at best.

I like Henne but calling him a franchise qb already is a little early

Henne is not equal to Marshall in terms of production...not even close...so if you're willing to say Henne was a good 2nd round pick, then why wouldnt Marshall be? Just because of the "risk" that he screws up again?

Like I said...2nd rd draft picks are always risky. You are just swapping out the risk of the pick panning out at all with the risk of a suspension

Because the risk of a 2nd rounder panning out is far greater than the risk of Marshall not being suspended for a year?

I'd say they are about even...Marshall always hated Denver and that probably led to some of his troubles

I like Henne but calling him a franchise qb already is a little early

Henne is not equal to Marshall in terms of production...not even close...so if you're willing to say Henne was a good 2nd round pick, then why wouldnt Marshall be? Just because of the "risk" that he screws up again?

Like I said...2nd rd draft picks are always risky. You are just swapping out the risk of the pick panning out at all with the risk of a suspension
Calling Henne a franchise Qb is early, yet calling White a wasted pick isn't :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.

Henne not equal to Marshall in terms of production? :lol: Because a WR who's guranteed to be suspended for a year is so much more important than a franchise QB. That risk of Marshall screwing up again is actually more like a guarantee. And I'll take that "risk" of a 2nd rounder panning out over the risk of Marshall beating women and partying his way to a lengthy jail sentence and suspensions.

Back
Top Bottom