Merged X5: The Official Brandon Marshall Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: The Official Brandon Marshall Thread

When he gets suspended for a year, we lose the wideout who got us a few 1,000+ yard pro bowl double digit touchdown seasons, and then get him back next year. That's what happens.

why take the risk of this? dont we want to win? isnt the super bowl what were shooting for? why are we gonna give up picks and lots of money to a guy whos gonna be suspended?

i mean your not seeing the big picture here

why take the risk of this? dont we want to win? isnt the super bowl what were shooting for? why are we gonna give up picks and lots of money to a guy whos gonna be suspended?

Because there's no way we'd get those yards with who we have now. Davone might be lucky to get another 700 yard season if he's still the #1, Brian Hartline might be lucky to get another 550-600 yard season now that people know he's got some skills, Ted Ginn might have the drops again and struggle to top 600 yards when he should be able to haul in a 50-60 yard pass each time after blowing past defenders.

Brandon Marshall WILL put up 1200yd+ seasons, back to back, every time. Guarantee. If we have a #1 who almost outproduces our #1, #2, and deep threat -every- season, I'd say we're a hell of a lot closer to being a super bowl caliber offense.

Let me just ask you this, man. What if the Pats grab B-marsh to fix the hole Welker leaves next season? Do you really want to face another good Pats WR corp for eight years?

I say trade for marshall, back the Brinks truck up for Dansby, and draft Dez Byrant if he falls if not McClain. We would either have 2 stud recievers or 2 stud ILBs.

If we had marshall and Dez running slants and going over the middle, you could have ginn running the deep outs all day. AHH one can dream.

+1

If a non-trouble maker like Will Allen can get popped in South Beach, imagine what a magnetic snake pit it would be for someone who's demonstrated poor impulse control and has already been in club fights in Tampa and of course Denver. It's not like this is Buffalo or Indianapolis.

Granted, if the next infraction wasn't his last one tolerated before a serious suspension, I might feel differently.

the thing you FAIL to see is that IF/WHEN he gets into trouble off the field HE WILL NOT BE ON THE FIELD...so therefore he will not put up 1200 yard seasons if hes not on the field.

and about the Pats getting him, it is what it is. I have no control over it. Obviously if Miami did get B Marshall i would root for him and hope for the best but im just expressing my honest opinions and concerns with signing him or someone with similar off-field issues. People can say dont worry about off-field issues but the off-field issues affect Marshall on the field. Your crazy if you think the two dont go together.

Granted, if the next infraction wasn't his last one tolerated before a serious suspension, I might feel differently.

i agree, Its not like hes a guy who has had ONE INCIDENT, its a cycle and its an ongoing problem. Thats a problem is you ask me...

To the guy who said a change of scenery...hes just gonna automatically stop beating up his girlfriend because hes in Miami, hes gonna stop partying in a place thats 100 times better to party in? how does a "change of scenery" help a guy who is gonna do this stuff no matter where he is?

I just don't understand. Pickers cannot be choosers. Last year we couldn't find anyone to trade for to inprove our WR core. This year there are SEVERAL options and we find a way to hate on all of them.

Apparently getting boldin is worthless because he will just always be injured. Marshall will never see the field either because he will be doing something to get himself into trouble. Austin isn't worth the picks and Calvin Johnson isn't good. All of these players are an upgrade, and an upgrade we desperately need. Remember when The Patriots were desperate for some WR help? They went out and got Randy Moss ( Who was both old and an extreme liability at the time).

I am not saying that the possibility of a suspension doesn't worry me, but we have Ricky Williams on the team. Does his past dictate that he is a liability to be lost too? People can change and a new scenery often accelerates that change. That's my opinion anyway.

Not that I don't care whether the guy gets in trouble or not but scared money makes no money. You have to take risks. High character guys can find them selves in trouble. It's a risk I would take because there's a high reward. Man up and set the guy straight

Gotta love the holier than thous. Some guys get more press than others. I assure you every locker room has guys you "wouldn't want on your team". A few years ago I bet you would've said the same thing about Randy Moss. Yet Belichick takes a chance, surrounds him with the right leaders, and the rest is history. Dennis Rodman with the Bulls also comes to mind.

And if we don't have the right leaders to surround him with, then we got bigger problems.
Marshall is a Rodman? Marshall is a Moss? No. Marshall is a criminal who's one strike from a yearlong suspension. And he will get that yearlong suspension, you can be assured of that.

Like most of us here, I just wanna win.. I try not to involve myself in the off the field issues as I cant do anything about it and its up the the staff to discipline players...Definately Id bring in marshall no questions asked. We do have a wr issue right? wanna solve it or not?
I want to win, hence why I'm not trading a 2nd, or even a 3rd for Marshall. Our WR problem is not solved at all with Marshall on the sideline now is it? Marshall is just going to have to live with it. Nobody is trading for him.

Austin isn't worth the picks and Calvin Johnson isn't good.

whoa now...dont get carried away i didnt see anybody say something this outlandish.

I am not saying that the possibility of a suspension doesn't worry me, but we have Ricky Williams on the team. Does his past dictate that he is a liability to be lost too? People can change and a new scenery often accelerates that change. That's my opinion anyway.

the difference is you can tell Ricky learned from his mistakes, he smoked a little bit of weed. Im not condoning it although i dont think its the worst thing. Ricky didnt beat up his girlfriend and get into bar fights. I know Ricky wont fail another NFL drug test. Hes got one year left in the league, he can go smoke weed all he wants once he retires but im 99% sure he wont be failing another NFL drug test.

When he gets suspended for a year, we lose the wideout who gets us a few 1,000+ yard pro bowl double digit touchdown seasons, and then we'd get him back next year. That's what will happen. Or maybe we release him at that point.

I've got a better question for you all. What happens if we -don't- sign Marshall, or someone else?

We go into this next year without anyone who Henne can really depend on, putting pressure on him to throw like Dan Marino if we're even going to have a chance at making a run to, and in the playoffs.

He's young, strong, big, and a hell of a receiver. He's better than anyone we'd get for a second, and he's not a joke. He's the real, proven deal who's established himself as one of the two or three very, very good WRs. Beyond him, there are only maybe five or six people playing right now who I'd say are better.

If it works out, we have a wideout who will A) Take the pressure off Ted Ginn, so he can actually streak deep and grab it in single coverage B) Take the pressure of Davone Bess, so that he can line up in the slot and grab it in single coverage, then put that quickness to use. C) Take the pressure of Brian Hartline, who'll be able to do even more next year with a season under his belt and an off season to develop a better connection with Henne.

Even our Tight Ends will play better, because Fasano isn't considered our second/third most reliable target any more.

Sign Brandon Marshall. Don't grab someone old who's on their way out, grab the young guy who very well may just need a change of scenery. And if he doesn't, bundle him and someone else up and ship 'em out next year for a second.

Of course, there's always Dez at #12 if we miss out on Brandon Marshall.
It's called developing our own WR like every other team in the NFL does. Needs a change of scenery? becayse Marshall isn't from Florida at all, and Marshall wasn't a criminal in Florida at all...

I just don't understand. Pickers cannot be choosers. Last year we couldn't find anyone to trade for to inprove our WR core. This year there are SEVERAL options and we find a way to hate on all of them.

Apparently getting boldin is worthless because he will just always be injured. Marshall will never see the field either because he will be doing something to get himself into trouble. Austin isn't worth the picks and Calvin Johnson isn't good. All of these players are an upgrade, and an upgrade we desperately need. Remember when The Patriots were desperate for some WR help? They went out and got Randy Moss ( Who was both old and an extreme liability at the time).

Let's see. Boldin is injury prone, not going to change with his style of play. Anybody would welcome him with open arms. But you don't give up a 2nd/3rd round pick for him. Marshall won't be traded, because nobody wants him. The likeliness of a yearlong suspension is very high. Austin isn't worth the picks. A 1st and a 3rd? :lol: Calvin Johnson is the 3rd best WR in the NFL. He's not going to be traded, at all. And they gave up what for Randy Moss again? That's right, a 4th round pick. Not much of a liability at all. Considering what Ricky gets payed, and that he already said he plans on retiring after this coming season, not a liability at all. Change of scenery? Makes no sense at all considering what type of place Miami is, and that Marshall is from Florida in the 1st place.

Let's see. Boldin is injury prone, not going to change with his style of play. Anybody would welcome him with open arms. But you don't give up a 2nd/3rd round pick for him. Marshall won't be traded, because nobody wants him. The likeliness of a yearlong suspension is very high. Austin isn't worth the picks. A 1st and a 3rd? :lol: Calvin Johnson is the 3rd best WR in the NFL. He's not going to be traded, at all. And they gave up what for Randy Moss again? That's right, a 4th round pick. Not much of a liability at all. Considering what Ricky gets payed, and that he's already said he plans on retiring after this coming season, not a liability at all. Change of scenery? Makes no sense at all considering what type of place Miami is, and that Marshall is from Florida in the 1st place.

some fans just likethe big name players and dont care at what cost

Back
Top Bottom