Merged X5: The Official Brandon Marshall Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: The Official Brandon Marshall Thread

Brandon Marshall Wants To Leave Denver Because Of Williams' Murder

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ts-to-leave-denver-because-of-williams-murder
http://www.denverpost.com/broncosheadlines/ci_14441207?source=rss

Matt Kliss of The Denver Post is reporting that Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall does not want to return to Denver because of former Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams' murder.

Marshall will be a restricted free agent in early March. Marshall recently went to court as a witness of Williams' murder. Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post thinks that Marshall is also looking for some more money.

According to Wilson, Marshall was in an altercation at a night club that could have lead to Williams' shooting. Michael David Smith of ProFootballTalk said that Williams' trial could be the last time Marshall is seen in Denver.

if this is the way he's trying to get more money, he's even more screwed up than I originally thought.

Impossible to know what will happen there. Seems to be something new coming out each week.

if this is the way he's trying to get more money, he's even more screwed up than I originally thought.

did you even read the article?

Marshall has never publicly talked about williams' murder

the arresting officer in his dui said that when marshall was piss drunk that he talked about hating denver and made a comment about why weren't the cops looking for williams' killer

Marshall isn't using his friend to get more $

as far as Marshall...rumor has it that the price tag for him is only a 2nd round pick according to espn insider

and if thats the case I say we should take him no questions asked...hes a proven #1, younger than boldin, and only 1 rd earlier

did you even read the article?

Marshall has never publicly talked about williams' murder

the arresting officer in his dui said that when marshall was piss drunk that he talked about hating denver and made a comment about why weren't the cops looking for williams' killer

Marshall isn't using his friend to get more $

as far as Marshall...rumor has it that the price tag for him is only a 2nd round pick according to espn insider

and if thats the case I say we should take him no questions asked...hes a proven #1, younger than boldin, and only 1 rd earlier
No questions asked eh? Here's a question to ask. What do we do then when he's suspended for a year since one more incident is all it takes? He's a criminal, a d-bag. He will get suspended for a year. Denver will be lucky to get a 3rd for Marshall for that reason alone.

No questions asked eh? Here's a question to ask. What do we do then when he's suspended for a year since one more incident is all it takes? He's a criminal, a d-bag. He will get suspended for a year. Denver will be lucky to get a 3rd for Marshall for that reason alone.

Gotta love the holier than thous. Some guys get more press than others. I assure you every locker room has guys you "wouldn't want on your team". A few years ago I bet you would've said the same thing about Randy Moss. Yet Belichick takes a chance, surrounds him with the right leaders, and the rest is history. Dennis Rodman with the Bulls also comes to mind.

And if we don't have the right leaders to surround him with, then we got bigger problems.

This is not the first time I read that Marshall instigated that fateful nightclub fight.

If we sign him, we should also be strongly considering signing a 24-hour Pacman Jones-type personal chaperone (although that didn't work out too well either, did it?) as a contract stipulation.

yea and now Dennis is on celebrity rehab

lol this is true but he was on semi-good behavior while with the bulls after being a complete jackass for years. But yes he's a loser.

Like most of us here, I just wanna win.. I try not to involve myself in the off the field issues as I cant do anything about it and its up the the staff to discipline players...Definately Id bring in marshall no questions asked. We do have a wr issue right? wanna solve it or not?

Like most of us here, I just wanna win.. I try not to involve myself in the off the field issues as I cant do anything about it and its up the the staff to discipline players...Definately Id bring in marshall no questions asked. We do have a wr issue right? wanna solve it or not?

one more off-field incident and he wont be on the field, how does that solve the wr issue? we would be right back to where we are now...

When he gets suspended for a year, we lose the wideout who gets us a few 1,000+ yard pro bowl double digit touchdown seasons, and then we'd get him back next year. That's what will happen. Or maybe we release him at that point.

I've got a better question for you all. What happens if we -don't- sign Marshall, or someone else?

We go into this next year without anyone who Henne can really depend on, putting pressure on him to throw like Dan Marino if we're even going to have a chance at making a run to, and in the playoffs.

He's young, strong, big, and a hell of a receiver. He's better than anyone we'd get for a second, and he's not a joke. He's the real, proven deal who's established himself as one of the two or three very, very good WRs. Beyond him, there are only maybe five or six people playing right now who I'd say are better.

If it works out, we have a wideout who will A) Take the pressure off Ted Ginn, so he can actually streak deep and grab it in single coverage B) Take the pressure of Davone Bess, so that he can line up in the slot and grab it in single coverage, then put that quickness to use. C) Take the pressure of Brian Hartline, who'll be able to do even more next year with a season under his belt and an off season to develop a better connection with Henne.

Even our Tight Ends will play better, because Fasano isn't considered our second/third most reliable target any more.

Sign Brandon Marshall. Don't grab someone old who's on their way out, grab the young guy who very well may just need a change of scenery. And if he doesn't, bundle him and someone else up and ship 'em out next year for a second.

Of course, there's always Dez at #12 if we miss out on Brandon Marshall.

dont get me wrong, Marshall is a hell of a receiver..probably one of the best in league but hes a MAJOR RISK. There are teams who will take the risk but i dont see us being one of them...

Back
Top Bottom