Merged X5: The Official Brandon Marshall Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: The Official Brandon Marshall Thread

what big name receiver do the Saints have? what receiver did they trade a 1st and 3rd for?

The way I see it, if he can be had for minimal compensation, say a 3rd or 4th rounder due to off the field issues then sure why not. This guy is the real deal and could jump in and be an immediate uprade for us at the position.

His potential outweighs the off the field nonsense as long as a team defends itself against the possiblities of another incident.

Either way I love Marshall and would jump all over it for the right offer.
Chubbs

The way I see it, if he can be had for minimal compensation, say a 3rd or 4th rounder due to off the field issues then sure why not. This guy is the real deal and could jump in and be an immediate uprade for us at the position.

His potential outweighs the off the field nonsense as long as a team defends itself against the possiblities of another incident.

Either way I love Marshall and would jump all over it for the right offer.
Chubbs
You can't really defend yourself from it.

whoa now...dont get carried away i didnt see anybody say something this outlandish.

the difference is you can tell Ricky learned from his mistakes, he smoked a little bit of weed. Im not condoning it although i dont think its the worst thing. Ricky didnt beat up his girlfriend and get into bar fights. I know Ricky wont fail another NFL drug test. Hes got one year left in the league, he can go smoke weed all he wants once he retires but im 99% sure he wont be failing another NFL drug test.

That is clearly just a difference of opinions here. I thought Ricky wouldn't let me down after a drug test, random retirement...I thought he wouldnt fail again and he did, twice more. Sure right when he is backed into a corner he has his head straight and is doing well.

I agree, Ricky has changed or so I hope and I don't see him breaking our heart again, but he did MANY times...just like Marshall has.

The allegations are obviously to different extremes. I do not condone beating one's spouse EVER. I got to UCF and am a fan of Marshall as a player just like I enjoyed watching Vick, as a player and will continue to enjoy watching Tiger, as a player but not as a person.

Brandon Marshall is ELITE, something we have not seen in awhile. He is an absolute playmaker and risk management is all about wager and reward. No matter what WR we get, there is some risk involved, but ONE needs to show up on the field this season and that one certainly isn't on our roster today.

Of course you can, do not give up the house to aquire and restructure contract to add clauses to protect the team. Sorta like weight clauses etc...
Chubbs
I doubt the Broncos will give him away for anything less than a 2nd. A 2nd is giving up the house considering just how mentally unstable Marshall really is. Then Marshall has to agree to those clauses, what if he doesn't agree on those clauses?

I doubt the Broncos will give him away for anything less than a 2nd. A 2nd is giving up the house considering just how mentally unstable Marshall really is. Then Marshall has to agree to those clauses, what if he doesn't agree on those clauses?

I agree 2nd is too much, he would agree because the restructuring of the contract would come with new incentives a new signing bonus.
chubbs

I agree 2nd is too much, he would agree because the restructuring of the contract would come with new incentives a new signing bonus.
chubbs
How do you know he would agree to an incentive laden contract with clauses? Maybe it's just me, but Marshall comes off as the type of guy who wants as much money as he possibly can, and incentives/clauses doesn't fit into that.

I agree, Ricky has changed or so I hope and I don't see him breaking our heart again, but he did MANY times...just like Marshall has.

so then you know first hand how that behavior is detrimental to the team and you still want Marshall?

The risk of bringing Marshall to South Beach and losing him for a year is greater than the risk of not getting a quality player with our 2nd rounder....(exept for, you know, Pat White)

I'd be willing to invest a 2nd round pick a long with different clauses in his contract if the FO is willing to.

A 2nd round pick is not a big investment for a player worth a 1st and 3rd (easily).

You gamble away a Pat White pick on the chance of getting a STEAL on one of the best receivers in the game today. Yea, if the FO think it's a good idea, I definitely do as well.

You gamble away a Pat White pick on the chance of getting a STEAL on one of the best receivers in the game today. Yea, if the FO think it's a good idea, I definitely do as well.

You do realize that Chad Henne was a 2nd round pick right?

How do you know he would agree to an incentive laden contract with clauses? Maybe it's just me, but Marshall comes off as the type of guy who wants as much money as he possibly can, and incentives/clauses doesn't fit into that.

Not just you many feel the same about him.. But you make the contract player friendly, with realistic incentives and above average salary all the while protecting the team with clauses and everyone wins.
chubbs

Back
Top Bottom