[MERGED X6] Dolphins Sign Dallas Safety Keith Davis | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED X6] Dolphins Sign Dallas Safety Keith Davis

Not saying he wont do well but how many special teams only players can we carry on our roster. I mean are there not any players that can do both. Color me less than excited.

must watch the video of big hits keith davis...!!!!

i feel like we are building this thing well!!

Why didn't the Cowboys resign him? What happend to the no thugs and hoodlums, problem children philosophy?

sorry but WORRELL SUCKS BIG TIME HE HAS TO BE THE WORST SAFETY IN DOLPHINS HISTORY

Well, a team of special teamers is better than a team of guys that arent enough good enough to play special teams. You could argue special teams lost us 2-3 games last year. The first Jets game, the Buffalo game (where Parrish had that big return late) ... Im sure there are others. When you lose 6 games by 3 points, you can bet that ST played a role in at least half of those games, and may have very well changed the result.

Not saying he wont do well but how many special teams only players can we carry on our roster. I mean are there not any players that can do both. Color me less than excited.

Who said he's a Special Teams only guy? Parcells? Ireland? He was brought in to add depth. We were without a doubt the thinnest secondary in all of fooball last year and had the one of the worst ST.

Davis helps fill both those holes for a reasonable price, whats not to like?

Why didn't the Cowboys resign him? What happend to the no thugs and hoodlums, problem children philosophy?

Because we have a couple of developmental Ss on the roster. Davis was kind of the odd guy out.

He's a great ST player. Definitely will help you guys there. That will be sorely missed.

But I doubt he starts for you. When Woodson retired, we went through so many Ss opposite Roy. Keith was one. He never latched down the position and we constantly rotated guys in and out (most are out of the league now). Keith was horrible when he started.

Its probably a depth move (as well as his ST's ability). And you brought him in for that and because Parcells loves him. He's had some run-ins.... but Parcells really likes him. IIRC, against Carolina two years ago, Parcells kissed him on the top of his head on the sideline.

I think it depends on which Cowboys fan you ask, ive always been a fan of Davis, he's just nothing spectacular in coverage, but if you have another athletic safety to pair him with that has some range he will be fine, he fills the gaps great and will be great in run support, he was expendable for us because we already have a strong hitting safety with average coverage skills, were trying to find a guy with range that can play centerfield, but Davis is definately a hard worker, gives 110% on special teams, and gives the defense a nasty mentality with some energy flying around everywhere decleating guys...

Parcells wants a guy like him around, and considering he doesnt cost much its a smart signing.

Who said he's a Special Teams only guy? Parcells? Ireland? He was brought in to add depth. We were without a doubt the thinnest secondary in all of fooball last year and had the one of the worst ST.

Davis helps fill both those holes for a reasonable price, whats not to like?

Keith Davis is a special teams only player, if you ever saw him play safety you would know the answer to your own question. He fills one hole but so did Worrel just neither is worth a damn at safety, Davis may be worse than Worrel at safety.

Great.....another guy who won't start for the 1-15 worst team in the NFL.

I guess our special teams is far and away the best in the NFL now. We picked up 8 or so "great special teamers"

Back
Top Bottom