merged2x: Bye bye, Ty!/Only 10 million | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged2x: Bye bye, Ty!/Only 10 million

DrAstroZoom

Bon vivant
Reaction score
Bye bye, Ty!

Peter King's MMQB These snippets of Peter King's conversation with Ty Law make it seem unlikely to me the Dolphins will sign him. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

"I had a good workout in Jacksonville,'' he said. "They told me, 'Play corner,' and I went and did all the drills -- plant, cut, do every angle you can possibly do, sprint. I was fine. Now Miami wants me to come back and visit. But if you can't afford Patrick Surtain [who was dealt to Kansas City in April], how can you afford me? The Jets are interested. Kansas City called again. Tampa Bay faxed an offer. Indianapolis is in it. I got an offer, sight unseen for $2.5 million for one year. If I wasn't ready, I'd just take it. But I'm going to be ready to play and that's not the kind of contract I should get. Before they signed Surtain, the Chiefs gave me, like, a $42 million offer. But it was structured so bad that I'd probably only make $10 million before they'd cut me. So I didn't do it.''

The Law I talked with for 45 minutes the other day was eager to prove a lot of people wring, but I noted after the call that he said a couple of times he didn't want go somewhere just to be able to beat the Patriots. He wants to play for a contender, but he also wants to be paid. It'll be interesting to see if anyone forks over a bonus, or if Law will have to sign a one-year deal and prove he deserves real money in 2006. I expect we'll have an answer by a month from today, when the training camp doors open leaguewide.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess he doesn't consider us a contender. Can't blame him though.

what a jerk...he probably thinks hes better than Pat...no way...dont want no stinkin patriot on our team anyways...jacksonville contenders? HA

Good, lord knows we don't need head cases. If he wants 5-6 mil. a year than let him go find it. From what I read in King's Monday morning QB. Law is a bit full of himself. Interesting how he is "getting along fine" with the Patriots now. 5 months ago they were liars and cheats, When he didn't get his money somewhere else.. he wants to put on the front of a TEAM player.

I'd love to have him but he doesn't seem like the kind of guy I really want on the team

"I'd probably only make $10 million"

... I think that's enough right there.

I'll be happy enough if we get Wright for a third and Shulters... Oh and of course Ricky :goof:

For Law, it's all about money. He will go to whomever offers up the most money.

That said, do you want us to be the ones getting him (and offering up the most money?)

Not me. :rolleyes:

I couldn't stand Law as a player, and now I respect him even less as a person. He's obviously a greedy, self absorbed ego-driven individual from the way that article made it sound....

I don't want that kind of player in Miami making noise. He's a crybaby, and all he seems to care about is money right now. Like he doesn't have more than enough already....

It's guys like Law that give football a bad name. He's got everything any player could ever want. Millions of dollars, a few SB rings to wear, luxuary cars, boats, ect. Along with some very expensive property investments. He's one of those guys that appears to be living the high life every second of the day, and in reality he's still not happy....

Poor miserable *******.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

InMyChambers said:
i didn't check your link but who is this guy's editor? words spelled wrong all over the place.

The only misspelling I saw was "[Law] was eager to prove a lot of people wring." And spell check wouldn't catch it. Sad to say, editing for the Web (even at a prestigious source like Sports Illustrated) is more lax than in print.

I'm just thankful he made it very easy for me to decide how I feel about his potential signing. Now, let's get Schulters!

DrAstroZoom said:
I'm just thankful he made it very easy for me to decide how I feel about his potential signing. Now, let's get Schulters!

I think Law would be the better fit on our D, but if he won't sign a one year deal with us we have no room for him here.

jaxdolfan said:
For Law, it's all about money. He will go to whomever offers up the most money.

That said, do you want us to be the ones getting him (and offering up the most money?)

Not me. :rolleyes:
Law and TO should get together. They sound like two-peas-in-a-pod.

DrAstroZoom said:
The only misspelling I saw was "[Law] was eager to prove a lot of people wring." And spell check wouldn't catch it. Sad to say, editing for the Web (even at a prestigious source like Sports Illustrated) is more lax than in print.

Yep. They are more interested in breaking the story, than in proofreading and such. I have noticed that there are even web reporters who write in slang...like they talk.

chuckcole said:
Law and TO should get together. They sound like two-peas-in-a-pod.

Wait one second. Law is a free agent is trying to land the biggest contract he can because it may be his last.. That is much different then wanting to redo your 7 year 47 million dollar deal in the 2nd year.

Back
Top Bottom