merged2x: Bye bye, Ty!/Only 10 million | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged2x: Bye bye, Ty!/Only 10 million

To Law's defense, he's already won 3 Super Bowls.

I would think after that, money would be a big part of continuing to play.

GreenMonster said:
Wait one second. Law is a free agent is trying to land the biggest contract he can because it may be his last.. That is much different then wanting to redo your 7 year 47 million dollar deal in the 2nd year.

But it appears to me that they have both put greed above anything else.

Sauceman said:
To Law's defense, he's already won 3 Super Bowls.

I would think after that, money would be a big part of continuing to play.
True. So maybe that's the reason why he seems to be putting that above all else.

DrAstroZoom said:
Peter King's MMQB These snippets of Peter King's conversation with Ty Law make it seem unlikely to me the Dolphins will sign him. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Knowing the real contract parameters most reports to this point have not. Big money Ty could get it appears........unfortunate it is......

chuckcole said:
But it appears to me that they have both put greed above anything else.

Is Patrick Surtain greedy for not accepting a huge paycut to stay with us. If you were a older free agent who was a pro bowl CB and superbowl champ would you jump at the 1st vet. min. contract the Dolphins are offering for one year to help a team that was 4-12 last year after you just won the superbowl.

GreenMonster said:
Is Patrick Surtain greedy for not accepting a huge paycut to stay with us. If you were a older free agent who was a pro bowl CB and superbowl champ would you jump at the 1st vet. min. contract the Dolphins are offering for one year to help a team that was 4-12 last year after you just won the superbowl.

Surtain greedy for not accepting a vet. minimum contract? No. Was he greedy for wanting what KC gave him? Possibly. I'm all for players getting what they're worth, but sometimes the player has an inflated view of what they're worth.

My point is that Law seemed to make money his #1 priority (at least the way it was written -- although it was a quote). Maybe since he's won championships, he has the right to do that. But, I would think other things (location, coaches, staff, other players, etc.) would have as much influence over your decision.

chuckcole said:
Surtain greedy for not accepting a vet. minimum contract? No. Was he greedy for wanting what KC gave him? Possibly. I'm all for players getting what they're worth, but sometimes the player has an inflated view of what they're worth.

My point is that Law seemed to make money his #1 priority (at least the way it was written -- although it was a quote). Maybe since he's won championships, he has the right to do that. But, I would think other things (location, coaches, staff, other players, etc.) would have as much influence over your decision.

He will sign with whatever team he thinks is the best fit but he won't sign now while the offers he has are 1 year and low base salary.

GreenMonster said:
He will sign with whatever team he thinks is the best fit but he won't sign now while the offers he has are 1 year and low base salary.

That's what I would have figured, but it just seemed to me from what was quoted that he would sign with the highest bidder as opposed to the best fit. And you're right, no way he signs a 1 year, low base salary deal.

Yoda said:
Knowing the real contract parameters most reports to this point have not. Big money Ty could get it appears........unfortunate it is......

Cracking me up you are. :D

I've said this from the begining. Ty Law would be a mistake for the fins.

That IS NOT the direction Saban is going to go his first year IMO. Why tie money up in a ?, when you could have breathing room when a healthy young player is a FA

The Real Ty Law....

clear.gif

PHINZ RULE!!!

Back
Top Bottom