merged2x: Bye bye, Ty!/Only 10 million | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged2x: Bye bye, Ty!/Only 10 million

so-long-Ricky said:
I'm not sure where all the negativity is coming from regarding his comments. He basically said he wants to go to a contender and make as much money as possible. In the "business" world wouldn't anyone else feel the same way?? I know if I'm unemployed I'm going to go after the best financial and career opportunity that is offered.

Sounds like a lot of sour grapes here because he won't go to Miami for the vet min....
When your sole motivation seems to be money, I'd rather you were on another team anyway. Compare Law's approach with that of Lance Schulters -- Schulters met with Saban, took a look at the playbook, and he wants to sign. Those are the kinds of players I want, not money guys.

Law is a chump, and a greedy man.

His intentions are purely motivated.

" I would only make 10 million before they would cut me"

That quote alone shows you he doesn't care about winning. All he cares about it money.

The is the same guy who said he needed to get paid more because he needed to feed his family.

shouright said:
When your sole motivation seems to be money, I'd rather you were on another team anyway. Compare Law's approach with that of Lance Schulters -- Schulters met with Saban, took a look at the playbook, and he wants to sign. Those are the kinds of players I want, not money guys.

I actually agree with you but @ the same time I can't blame him for wanting to cash in as a FA.

I just love past their prime players coming off a major injury who still think they're 25. I'd love to have Law here but for the right contract. If he thinks he's that good then he should take a page from Nomar Garciaparra's book, sign a modest 1 year deal to get your dollars up & move on (too bad Nomar is hurt again). Law is no longer in the class with the NFL's best corners that include Surtain, Madison, Clements, Champ, & McAlister.

you know what i wanted ty law at first but now after reading that screw him we don't need a stinkin patsi on our team anyways. bring on l.schulters

now you know why the pats said goodbye to this guy, great player but he is a total me guy, dont need guys like this with big cap numbers, honestly how many more big plays does 40 million get you

Superself said:
Huh?
I'm not sure I'm following everyone's logic here...so Law should "settle" for the lowest offer available? Obviously he is getting better offers....so why is he an A$$ for not settling for the smallest chunk of change out there. What player wouldn't do that....let alone, who here wouldn't do it if it was YOUR damn job on the line???!!

Its just silly when you get on your soap boxes and rip a player for taking a common actions...this is expected. Law is worth Surtain money folks! Why should he settle for less? Huh?
Geez! :rolleyes2
he thinks he's the absolute BEST and although he's pretty damn good (when not injured) he's not the best....and when you sit there and say that several million is not enough to feed your kids, that's greedy, and makes you a self centered egotistical a$$

so-long-Ricky said:
I'm not sure where all the negativity is coming from regarding his comments. He basically said he wants to go to a contender and make as much money as possible. In the "business" world wouldn't anyone else feel the same way?? I know if I'm unemployed I'm going to go after the best financial and career opportunity that is offered.

Sounds like a lot of sour grapes here because he won't go to Miami for the vet min....
once again.......he has made repetitive comments about how 6-7 million is not enough to feed his family.....it has nothing to do with (at least in my perspective) him coming to Miami. I would prefer NOT to have him on the team.

so-long-Ricky said:
I actually agree with you but @ the same time I can't blame him for wanting to cash in as a FA.
But why would any team take a chance investing alot of money in someone who has serious injury concerns? I could see if he was healthy, but taking "his" word is only playing into the money game....he's trying to "assure" people that he's healthy when in essence he may be far from it

Back
Top Bottom