merged2x: Bye bye, Ty!/Only 10 million | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged2x: Bye bye, Ty!/Only 10 million

it doesnt say how long the contract was, that the chiefs offered him.

it could be like a 7 year deal. so he would not be making what he should be making.

Banged Up...

He is coming off an injury,who knows what kind of Law we'll see out on the field 05/06. Mim deal thats it, take it our leave it!! WAR FINS!!

O my god. I would love to just get 100 dollars right now. I hate it when players think they r good i.e Ty Law and they say no to contracts that offer them from 5 to 10 million dollars. Now Ty Law is good but he just aint what he says. I mean he aint no Deion Sanders. He shoudl get to a team and stick with them.

Sayyyy! Now I've had a scoop make the front page. I hope Nubbie would be proud.

ch19079 said:
he might not eb the best. but hes definatly up their. offering him a minimum contract is an insult.

it was not a serious offer by the fins.
Do you honestly think that some teams will offer more than the minimum due to his injury status?? He might injure himself the 1st week....or he might get a simple injury and play it up to be something more....he already has his rings.

Hey Ty, I'd love to "only" have 10 million dollars to snack on for a year. Son of a you know what!:yell:

The only thing that really irks me about Law's comments is the one about Surtain. Law is not better than Surtain, even when healthy. In cases such as these, I don't fault the player for trying to get as much as he can...Everyone of us here would do the same thing and if you say differently, I'd think you're lying. Its fans that talk about all this "team" stuff..rah-rah-rah bullshlit, but if it were you in the same situation, you probably wouldn't do much differently. Case in point, Teddy Bruschi....he "took one for the team" by agreeing to a pretty minimal contract that he negotiated himself for his team knowing that he could've gotten A LOT more in the open market....If his condition proves to be a career ending one, he's gonna be kicking himself in the rear for a long time. Folks, a career can end in a blink of an eye, and they've got to get all they can while they can.

That being said, I don't think this is Ty's last chance at a big contract. This year is his last chance at PROVING that he is worth one more big contract next season. At this point, he is damaged goods and I wouldn't give him much more than a 1 year incentive laden contract for the vet minimum. If he proves he can stay healthy, then open up the wallet....and even then, I would think twice because of his age.

Poor Poor Ty Law....he would ONLY get $10 Million if he signed elsewhere....wanhhhhh...we don't need or want you Ty.....go play for that
sorry franchise in Jax for all the money you can fleece out of them.
We want Schulters.

ch19079 said:
it doesnt say how long the contract was, that the chiefs offered him.

it could be like a 7 year deal. so he would not be making what he should be making.

Oh. How sad. Only 42 mil over 7 years? poor guy. :shakeno:

GreenMonster said:
Is Patrick Surtain greedy for not accepting a huge paycut to stay with us. If you were a older free agent who was a pro bowl CB and superbowl champ would you jump at the 1st vet. min. contract the Dolphins are offering for one year to help a team that was 4-12 last year after you just won the superbowl.

Me personally? i would love to help the dolphins get that SB ring.

Go Fins!

Trackstar said:
I guess he doesn't consider us a contender. Can't blame him though.

Read between the lines. It all comes down to money. His agents are a couple of jack_ _ _ _ _ too.

FinFan90 said:
O my god. I would love to just get 100 dollars right now. I hate it when players think they r good i.e Ty Law and they say no to contracts that offer them from 5 to 10 million dollars. Now Ty Law is good but he just aint what he says. I mean he aint no Deion Sanders. He shoudl get to a team and stick with them.

Huh?
I'm not sure I'm following everyone's logic here...so Law should "settle" for the lowest offer available? Obviously he is getting better offers....so why is he an A$$ for not settling for the smallest chunk of change out there. What player wouldn't do that....let alone, who here wouldn't do it if it was YOUR damn job on the line???!!

Its just silly when you get on your soap boxes and rip a player for taking a common actions...this is expected. Law is worth Surtain money folks! Why should he settle for less? Huh?
Geez! :rolleyes2

Superself said:
Huh?
I'm not sure I'm following everyone's logic here...so Law should "settle" for the lowest offer available? Obviously he is getting better offers....so why is he an A$$ for not settling for the smallest chunk of change out there. What player wouldn't do that....let alone, who here wouldn't do it if it was YOUR damn job on the line???!!

Its just silly when you get on your soap boxes and rip a player for taking a common actions...this is expected. Law is worth Surtain money folks! Why should he settle for less? Huh?
Geez! :rolleyes2

I don't think it's so much THAT he wants to get paid that is turning people off as the way he's stating it.

Ill be honest my first reaction to this article is disappointment. My second reaction is no one is going to pay him what he thinks he deserves. I would like to have Ty Law. Hes an aliquippa native from up my way where im from in pittsburgh and he has miami connections with his house down here. Bottom line is if the moneys right take him. If not no sweat we need to test our corners anyways. Madison one side and let daniels,howard,edwards go at it.

I'm not sure where all the negativity is coming from regarding his comments. He basically said he wants to go to a contender and make as much money as possible. In the "business" world wouldn't anyone else feel the same way?? I know if I'm unemployed I'm going to go after the best financial and career opportunity that is offered.

Sounds like a lot of sour grapes here because he won't go to Miami for the vet min....

Back
Top Bottom