MERGED2X:QB job holdup irking Frerotte\Gus sounding like\I do not care... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED2X:QB job holdup irking Frerotte\Gus sounding like\I do not care...

Like I've said before, I don't care who the starting QB is, as long as it's the best QB we have.

I can understand that Frerotte would be frustrated. This was probably his best chance in a while to be the starter.

However, he needs to get over himself. If he had totally outperformed Feeley all the time so far, he wouldn't be in this situation. So, it's his own fault.

To me, he seemed a lot comfortable in the game than Feeley, and I would have to give him the edge at this point b/c of that. But he's got to hit on some of those deep balls or everybody is going to stack the line on us again this year...and we can't have that with our O-Line. If Feeley is better on the throws, then it's worth the struggle at the beginning while we wait for him to get more comfortable.

cookiehead said:
Like I've said before, I don't care who the starting QB is, as long as it's the best QB we have.

I can understand that Frerotte would be frustrated. This was probably his best chance in a while to be the starter.

However, he needs to get over himself. If he had totally outperformed Feeley all the time so far, he wouldn't be in this situation. So, it's his own fault.

To me, he seemed a lot comfortable in the game than Feeley, and I would have to give him the edge at this point b/c of that. But he's got to hit on some of those deep balls or everybody is going to stack the line on us again this year...and we can't have that with our O-Line. If Feeley is better on the throws, then it's worth the struggle at the beginning while we wait for him to get more comfortable.

Amen to that brother!!!! :)

Compare Frerotte's press conference to Feeley's. Feeley looked like he knows the starting job's in his hands and Gus looks like he just got a ticket on the Titanic. They are now splitting snaps with the first team

adamprez2003 said:
Compare Frerotte's press conference to Feeley's. Feeley looked like he knows the starting job's in his hands and Gus looks like he just got a ticket on the Titanic. They are now splitting snaps with the first team

yeah good call bro...

I was surprise by the latest development, I assume the job was Gus, I couldn't believe we were back to splitting snaps between the two..so I guess AJ's play the last 2 week was seen as improvement by the staff and he's given himself a chance to start, good for him...

I don't care, but if its that close, start feeley. Hes younger, people say he has talent, and if we lose, we draft high. At least we finally know with feeley right?

MDFINFAN said:
I was surprise by the latest development, I assume the job was Gus, I couldn't believe we were back to splitting snaps between the two..so I guess AJ's play the last 2 week was seen as improvement by the staff and he's given himself a chance to start, good for him...

Yeah I thought so too but if there's a repeat of last week the job is definitely Feeley's. If they both play well or they both play poorly I dont know who starts. Its tough to read that crafty SOB Saban

adamprez2003 said:
Its tough to read that crafty SOB Saban

I don't think he's being crafty here. I think he's trying to decide between two equally dismal choices.

islandah said:
I don't think he's being crafty here. I think he's trying to decide between two equally dismal choices.
lol....it's like picking which Dr. you want to get your prostate examined by....:lol:

True but there's no way he's completely 50/50. In his mind he knows who he has ahead and thursday's game will either reaffirm that or confuse it some more. What's interesting is you can't tell anymore from his press conference who he thinks is number one.

adamprez2003 said:
True but there's no way he's completely 50/50. In his mind he knows who he has ahead and thursday's game will either reaffirm that or confuse it some more. What's interesting is you can't tell anymore from his press conference who he thinks is number one.

The scary thing about it is that IMO I think he may actually be 50/50 at this point. He gave Frerrote every chance in the world to win the job the last few games. Yet here we are back to splitting snaps...... not good. It's no doubt a bad situation and I agree that Saban isn't being crafty here, he's trying his best to see any sign of which dud Qb may have some pop in him for later on down the road.

Its truly a dilemma. Do you go with the veteran that noone likes or do you go with the guy that everyone likes and maybe he ends up screwin ya. Once you make that decision, you get judged. Saban does not want to be judged yet.

But to me, if he were smart, he would start Gus and wait. If you start Feeley now, then it is a huge backfire in many ways cus then your stuck with gus cus no one trusts Feeley anymore. But then again...........

Trekbiz said:
The scary thing about it is that IMO I think he may actually be 50/50 at this point. He gave Frerrote every chance in the world to win the job the last few games. Yet here we are back to splitting snaps...... not good. It's no doubt a bad situation and I agree that Saban isn't being crafty here, he's trying his best to see any sign of which dud Qb may have some pop in him for later on down the road.

LOL maybe he is 50/50. That is scary. Welcome to the Dolphins Nick!

Hey I would be very happy if we get Omar Jacobs nect year. I dont want to lose this year to do it tho. I think Saban is not real happy that this is still going on.

Back
Top Bottom