MERGED2X:QB job holdup irking Frerotte\Gus sounding like\I do not care... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED2X:QB job holdup irking Frerotte\Gus sounding like\I do not care...

he knows the offense and was pitted against aj feeley............

he should be irked with himself

The heck with Frerotte. He has been given every chance to win the job. He was given three starts in a row an came up with a sub 60 qb rating and 35% completion. If I did that poorly I would be fired. He needs to step up and take the job and get frustrated if and when he can out perform his competition. F him maybee that head but caused dimensia.

I am kinda glad he is waiting to decide, at least he is giving them both every chance to win the job....or lose the job

I really don't blame Frerotte for being frustrated about the QB situation, we all are. We're all tired of seeing threads about Frerotte and Feeley and the QB competition. I'm sick of hearing from Gus lovers (I will not give in to use the word "Gusketeer", NEVER!) and I am sick of hearing from AJ lovers. And a part of me is extremely relieved that Brock Berlin was released because I'm sick of hearing about how he's the future for us. Lets not kid ourselves here, we are all FRUSTRATED with our QB situation. A lot of us feel Gus is the man for the job, a lot of us feel AJ is the man for the job, and a lot of us feel that we don't have a starting calibur QB on our team. Any of those could be true. Let me get one thing straight that I'm hoping a lot of you will agree with me or already feel the same way... I want Saban and our coaching staff to determine who the better man is for the job and to start him. I don't want to keep switching QB's, I don't want to go through a Jay Fiedler moment, I don't want to go through what we did last year. Right when we signed Frerotte, all I have asked.... from the very very beginning (on that very day we signed him) is that I hope we don't have to go through what we did with Fiedler and AJ... Fiedler and Griese... Fiedler and ANYONE! I'm hoping after the Atlanta game Saban and the rest of our coaching staff decide on our starter for Week 1 with Denver and stick to that decision. I don't want to see a Wannstedt "tactic" where you choose a guy minutes before gametime and than take him out the first half and than switch to the other QB and than switch back to the QB. Gus Frerotte... AJ Feeley... Sage Rosenfels..... someone please win the starting job and end this pandamodium. Thank you for hearing me ROAR! :tantrum:

I think Frerotte needs to wake up and smell the coffee - He says he's been bettling for 12 years, it's his career. Well if you've been battling to try and be a #1 QB for 12 years what does that say Gus!?!

Tommatt said:
I don't care, but if its that close, start feeley. Hes younger, people say he has talent, and if we lose, we draft high. At least we finally know with feeley right?
I agree completely, and thats been my post all summer now, and I continue to say the same thing exactly.Lets see what we have in Feeeley with this new offensive line and with a descent running back with Ricky and Ronnie back, and if he cant do the job, at least we know and find someone else.

finnyboy002 said:
I think Frerotte needs to wake up and smell the coffee - He says he's been bettling for 12 years, it's his career. Well if you've been battling to try and be a #1 QB for 12 years what does that say Gus!?!

yeah he should be used to it by now:lol:

What the hell does ferotte have to be irked over he is lucky to be on this team the way he has played. He cann't beat out the worst qb of last year. Sorry gus but gettin coffee for linehan doesn't translate into starting qb for the fins. Your play has sucked so far and you are a 12 veteran. Must we always have to learn the hard way that there is no short cut to a good qb. Gus hasn't started for a reason. He has had his chances under many differant coaches and never started. I'd rather see manny wright under center at least we would know we need a qb next year and not have some retread derail the developement of a good young qb.

I want the best qb to play and right now I think Saban knows that is AJ. Saban doesn't want to start musical qbs so he is trying desperately to let one of them take the job. It is evident that Gus doesn't want the job.

I will say this about Feeley. In what was in effect his rookie season as a starter he went 4-1 playing for a very good team. In what was in effect his sophmore season playing for quite possibly the worst offense ever assembled he still won 3 games. I think if you put the guy on a good offense he's gonna generate wins

painnotpleasure said:
I don't want to keep switching QB's, I don't want to go through a Jay Fiedler moment, I don't want to go through what we did last year. Right when we signed Frerotte, all I have asked.... from the very very beginning (on that very day we signed him) is that I hope we don't have to go through what we did with Fiedler and AJ... Fiedler and Griese... Fiedler and ANYONE!

Lol, you forgot Fiedler and HUARD (super bowl winning Huard haha)!

I totally agree. This flip flopping thing is bad. It's obvious that the Dolphins weren't pleased with Frerrotte's performances, but they also sort of feel like the last one wasn't bad enough to rip the starting job from his hands outright. So what the heck does Saban do in this last preseason game?

Options:
1) He continues with the way things were with Gus with the first team and crosses his fingers and hope Gus gets better. If Gus fails then Saban is back at square one and might have to go with the guy who Linehan and Randy McMichael and co. seem to like less. Plus, he loses complete confidence in his backup should Aj get injured.

2) Does he rework everything with trying Aj at first string, seeing if out of nowhere Aj has gotten in the swing of things and is ready to be a franchise Qb? This could throw the chemistry Gus and the starters have out the window and would seriously, seriously piss off Frerotte (and tie Linehan's hands too, since Aj is still learning the offense.)

3) Does he throw em both in there, possibly alternating a few snaps? Yeah, great way to prepare your team for the first regular season game, with a mind boggling switcheroo every two seconds.

I have been in favor of Frerotte starting from the get-go, but at the end of the day, the Qb for the dolphins is only a temp for whomever we draft next year and a bit player in an exposive run-first offense. Both these guys completely suck, so I think I'm at a point where I really don't care who they put in there.

Still, I'd be very surprised with anything other than option #1 at this point. The other options might be too much of a change too close to the start of the season I think (just my opinion).

abNORMal said:
I am kinda glad he is waiting to decide, at least he is giving them both every chance to win the job....or lose the job

Exactly

And it looks like Frerotte is losing the job.

Back
Top Bottom