Merged3x: Dolphins | Remain interested in Arrington; yet to extend an offer | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged3x: Dolphins | Remain interested in Arrington; yet to extend an offer

What if we get both for $2 million each lol.

We would have the best LB core in football for sure.

JB-Dolfan-VA said:
Good morning Genius! Culpepper wasn't a FA. We'll get someone big in FA.
Dude see the forest through the trees. The FA period also commences trading among teams. Don't get so caught up in the semantics of whether he was acquired via trade versus free agency that you completely miss my point. Its a perception of aggressive acquisitions on the part of the Dolphins at this point and nothing else. They won't sign either. Sit here for the next three days watching the wire and see for yourself. I on the other have a life and know better. If they are serious the Dolphins are gonna sign somebody and not fiddle and bluff. This however is fiddling and bluffing. Its too much money.

DrewOldSchool said:
Dude see the forest through the trees. The FA period also commences trading among teams. Don't get so caught up in the semantics of whether he was acquired via trade versus free agency that you completely miss my point. Its a perception of aggressive acquisitions on the part of the Dolphins at this point and nothing else. They won't sign either. Sit here for the next three days watching the wire and see for yourself. I on the other have a life and know better. If they are serious the Dolphins are gonna sign somebody and not fiddle and bluff. This however is fiddling and bluffing. Its too much money.
What exactly does this "Perception of aggressive acquisitions" accomplish, exactly?

Pigskin Pimp said:
What exactly does this "Perception of aggressive acquisitions" accomplish, exactly?

A perception of aggressive acquisitions establishes credibility with the Miami Dolphins fanbase. So long as you think they are aggressively persuing players it doesn't really matter if they do it or not. It creates a perception of an organization that is aggressively persuing players to get better. It keeps the LeBatards on the Dolphins beat off Miami's and Saban's back. I think the Phins are doing a great job but I'm sure of one thing. Going into the week they knew their cap number was going to keep them from being a serious contender for Arrington or Peterson for that matter. Most guys that have been on here for a year or two should see this pattern and know that its a lot of PR fluff. There's a lot of posturing but in the end we aren't gonna pay out the big money. All and all I am happy with what we have done this offseason so please don't assume that I am not at all happy. But I don't think we stand a serious chance at getting either of the top two LBs in FA this year after signing DC w/ our cap number.

Schleprock said:
Pass on Arrington, now that he has told us he wants $6 million A YEAR

Peterson...COME ON DOWN!!

Yea, there goes another FA out the window. We don't have enough money for LaVar. Cmon Peterson!!!

As long as negotiations are still going, then we are still in the running. If we get Arrington, wow this would be an unbelievable offseason even before the draft happens. I dont think its a PR move at all, they are making attempts to atleast present a chance of signing these players. I would be pist if they didnt even try.

Pass on Arrington, now that he has told us he wants $6 million A YEAR

Peterson...COME ON DOWN!!

UNLESS ST NICK realises that he actually has to PAY
for some true talent from time to time, he will be
following wanny back into colledge ball.

pay him or lose him nick.

IMO Arrington is option 1. His deadline is set for Monday. We will offer a contract before then. He sees we have Peterson visiting on Monday, so thats intended to push him a little. If he doesnt sign, we focus our attention on Peterson.

Redneck Friend said:
UNLESS ST NICK realises that he actually has to PAY
for some true talent from time to time, he will be
following wanny back into colledge ball.

pay him or lose him nick.
Yeah but that can backfire. I mean yeah talent costs money but there have been teams that have way over paid this offseason for free agents. We are in good shape and have made significant upgrades without over spending. I don't know how the Redskins do it. Their books must be done by former ENRON executives or something because they routinely overpay and yet still stay out of the red. It doesn't look on the up and up to me but I have no proof. At least we are legit.

twix2500 said:
As long as negotiations are still going, then we are still in the running. If we get Arrington, wow this would be an unbelievable offseason even before the draft happens. I dont think its a PR move at all, they are making attempts to atleast present a chance of signing these players. I would be pist if they didnt even try.

Which is precisely why they "present a chance" but in reality we aren't gonna spend Arrington money. At least I don't believe we will.

I'm sure Nick is wasting his valuable time working on a "fake deal" just so us fans are happy.

Right.

What a ridiculous theory.

so did a lot of others dominate in college. Like:
Andre Ware
Gino Torretta
Ty Detmer
Timmy CHange
Curtis Enis
Blair Thomas
Brian Bosworth
Aundray Bruce
Jamar Fletcher
Rashaun Woods
JR Tolver
etc..
etc...

Schleprock said:
so did a lot of others dominate in college. Like:
Andre Ware
Gino Torretta
Ty Detmer
Timmy CHange
Curtis Enis
Blair Thomas
Brian Bosworth
Aundray Bruce
Jamar Fletcher
Rashaun Woods
JR Tolver
etc..
etc...

Arrington is VERY VERY VERY good.... noway around that.... not his fault hes been getting screwed over by Gibbs the last two years.... Let me tell you this.... whatever team Arrintong signs with hes going to be out to prove something because of the raw deal he got in WAS..... that, to me, is exciting...

If Arrington really wants 6 mil.... doubt we will get him... If not we have our 2nd option in Julian Peterson... And anytime Julian Peterson is your 2nd option your sitting pretty...

Back
Top Bottom