Merged3x: Dolphins | Remain interested in Arrington; yet to extend an offer | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged3x: Dolphins | Remain interested in Arrington; yet to extend an offer

??? Absolutely not true.

It basically means we're feeling out the market, and not rushing to make an offer until we see about Peterson and researching if the market is hot for either of the two LBs at this point.

If you would have told me that we would sign Arrington and trade for DC this offseason I think I would have called you crazy.

This could be the start of something special.

Im starting to lean towards Peterson... I think he may be willing to accept slightly less to play for Nick.

Dolfan1000 said:
Im starting to lean towards Peterson... I think he may be willing to accept slightly less to play for Nick.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Man, I hope so!:eek: :eek: :eek:

VanDolPhan said:
No contract offer ='s not very interested
I can't totally agree, but there's something to be said along these lines... you could tell we were hot for Brees, and we went out of our way to intercept him in Alabama and offer him a deal quickly... the fact that we may being waiting on Tom Ashworth's decision, or feeling out the market for Arrington shows AT LEAST that we aren't as interested in Arrington as Brees. Furthermore, with other outside reports on the draft depth at the position, and Julian Peterson's ties with Nick, I'm willing to go out on somewhat of a limb and say that we are lukewarmly interested, and that teams like San Diego, Cincinatti or the Giants could blow us away with some type of offer with a decnt to substansial amount of money guaranteed... The depth at the draft for the slot we hold is too great for us to overpay for someone that's rumored to have a character issue of devotion to the game like Arrington. Chad Greenway, Ernie Sims, and Demeco Ryans are possibilities at the #16 hole if we choose not to select a DB...

Arrinton may want too much.....

Dolphins | Team only discussed preliminary numbers with Arrington; price is too high
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 07:16:13 -0800
Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins have spoken with free agent LB LaVar Arrington (Redskins) and preliminary numbers were discussed, according to an NFLPA source. The Dolphins' priority is clearly Arrington, who visited last week. But Arrington's asking price is reported to be in the $6 million-a-year range, which is probably too rich for Miami.

Not anything new... Didnt see it posted so I thought I would share it... Not good news in my eyes... If its 100% true than I would love to see us persue Peterson more heavily....

Yea, its been posted already. I'd like Arrington despite his price, but I heard Peterson probably isnt gonna be any better as far as money.

Then again, you would rather Arrington or Peterson and a CB/S in round 1 than one of the remaining CB/S in FA and an OLB in round 1.

IMO.

Dolfan1000 said:
??? Absolutely not true.

It basically means we're feeling out the market, and not rushing to make an offer until we see about Peterson and researching if the market is hot for either of the two LBs at this point.

So, if all we are doing is researching then why does there have to be an article on the wire every five minutes? Cause it keeps you guys gossiping like a sewing circle. Its both the buisness and the art.

DrewOldSchool said:
So, if all we are doing is researching then why does there have to be an article on the wire every five minutes? Cause it keeps you guys gossiping like a sewing circle. Its both the buisness and the art.

It was the only Arrington update of the day. Not sure what you're talking about.

Are you the same person who has that ridiculous theory that Saban only shows interest in guys and spends the time negotiating contracts that he knows will never be signed simply to keep the fans happy? :shakeno:

Dolfan1000 said:
It was the only Arrington update of the day. Not sure what you're talking about.

Are you the same person who has that ridiculous theory that Saban only shows interest in guys and spends the time negotiating contracts that he knows will never be signed simply to keep the fans happy? :shakeno:

yes ding ding...you are correct

I don't think many teams are interested. It seems to be between us and the Giants. The advantage the Giants have is that they play the Redskins twice a year. Arrington may be intruiged at the "revenge" factor.

Also, I think Peterson is coming in on Monday. Saban is probably going to make a play for one or the other (not both). Most likely, he will meet with Peterson and make his decision over which one to pursue late monday/early tuesday.

Dolphins | Team only discussed preliminary numbers with Arrington; price is too high
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 07:16:13 -0800
Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins have spoken with free agent LB LaVar Arrington (Redskins) and preliminary numbers were discussed, according to an NFLPA source.

My take: We met with Arrington and they began to discuss contract numbers. Great news. Im sure we dont get that far in negotations with most FA's.

The Dolphins' priority is clearly Arrington, who visited last week. But Arrington's asking price is reported to be in the $6 million-a-year range, which is probably too rich for Miami.

My take: Pure speculation on the authors part. Our friend Armando has no idea if $6 mil is out of our price range.

Overall, this is good news.

Back
Top Bottom