Merged3x: Important: Attention Central Florida Area Fins/Bucs fans! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged3x: Important: Attention Central Florida Area Fins/Bucs fans!

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Important: Attention Central Florida Area Fins/Bucs fans!

The NFL contacted the Jacksonville Jaguars and said "hey Jackonsville, we have the Dolphins playing at Tampa Bay, and a large market for both teams in Orlando. Jacksonville had the option of letting the central florida viewing area watch this game. They denied the request, going on the prior basis of the area being required to show all Jacksonville Jaguars away games over Miami's games. This time the Bucs get screwed out of this too.

So if you were planning to watch the Dolphins-Bucs game in central Florida this weekend, you'll have to head to the bar or you'll have to go to someone with NFL Sunday Ticket. The Jags-Steelers game will be on instead.

Jerry Greene - Orlando Sentinel said:
Henry Maldonado, vice president and general manager of WKMG-Ch. 6, a CBS affiliate, announced Friday that his station's efforts to televise the game have been turned down by his network because of a long-standing NFL-CBS agreement that the Jacksonville Jaguars can claim Orlando as a secondary TV market.

As a secondary market, WKMG is obligated to televise all Jags road games.

On Oct. 16 that means WKMG must show the Jags at the Pittsburgh Steelers -- and cannot show the Dolphins-Bucs. WOFL-Ch. 35, the local Fox affiliate, which usually shows Bucs games, cannot show this one either because it is a CBS game based on the visiting team being from the AFC.

Got that?

Essentially, it's great news for sports bars and satellite-dish salespeople, but frustrating news for Maldonado, WKMG and, presumably, most fans. Not only are the Dolphins and Bucs playing well, but Miami will use running back Ricky Williams for the first time this year. Williams is sitting out a four-game suspension for admitting to the use of marijuana before he left the Dolphins for all of last season.

"If the viewers are upset, I agree with them," Maldonado said. "I just want them to know we tried our best. We've been asking for an exception to the rule for months but didn't get it."

The statement from CBS reads: "The club, Jacksonville Jaguars, has declined to allow this exception due to a contracted rule which is, this is a secondary market and the Jaguars are away."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/football/orl-nflshort0805oct08,0,6269877.story

TerryTate said:
The NFL contacted the Jacksonville Jaguars and said "hey Jackonsville, we have the Dolphins playing at Tampa Bay, and a large market for both teams in Orlando. Jacksonville had the option of letting the central florida viewing area watch this game. They denied the request, going on the prior basis of the area being required to show all Jacksonville Jaguars away games over Miami's games. This time the Bucs get screwed out of this too.

So if you were planning to watch the Dolphins-Bucs game in central Florida this weekend, you'll have to head to the bar or you'll have to go to someone with NFL Sunday Ticket. The Jags-Steelers game will be on instead.
Hey TT, you ever get a ticket for the Bucs game?

is this for real? i mean i have a stream i ca watch on the internet but its not good quality. nooooo

I just checked, and they are show the Fin/Bucs game here in Lakeland........Thank God

miami4life12 said:
is this for real? i mean i have a stream i ca watch on the internet but its not good quality. nooooo

a stream?

care to share that with me?

How stupid is that?? I mean... Orlando is HUGE for both the fins and bucs... with the jags being third... and the fins and bucs play each other and the game isnt aired? Well... I got a ticket to the bucs game and have the Sunday Ticket so I wont have a problem... but I feel for you all because 30 of my friends have to come over to my house every week to watch the game... :lol:

Nasty

Well Direct TV then be blocked out to in you live in Orlando?

miami4life12 said:

what is the online stream where you can watch the dolphins online?

TerryTate said:

Hope its on the radio because the sports bars will all be jam packed for this game in particular.....obviously. BTW wondering if any network will show the game a day or so after? Like (2AM in the morning :shakeno: ) Would be happy to see the game even a day or so later....

Yeah, the VP of Marketing at the TV station (I think that was his title) came on and said that he did everything that he could possibly do to show the game but he isn't allowed. He apologized and said that the station wanted to play it but that the market was Jacksonville's.

I have Sunday Ticket as well but that's pretty jacked. I'd be furious if I wasn't able to watch it.

:nono:

Fran2fin said:
Hope its on the radio because the sports bars will all be jam packed for this game in particular.....obviously. BTW wondering if any network will show the game a day or so after? Like (2AM in the morning :shakeno: ) Would be happy to see the game even a day or so later....

You can listen to the game on 105.9 out of Orlando. They play all Dolphins games...

IMO this is really a silly move by Jacksonville. They have already alienated the Dolphin fans in Orlando by claiming Orlando as a home market, which is why CBS has to show their away games, but then they go and make it worse by refusing to give permission for this game which will definately tick the Bucs fans off.

What would have been a good move for them is to give permission for this game which will perhaps draw some interest and loyalty to the Jags as a second favorite team, etc. As it is now, because they screw us out of our games, I root against the Jags and refuse to watch them. Now that they are hosing the Bucs, I think some of the Buc fans will end up doing the same. IMO this is a bad, bad PR move.

Back
Top Bottom