Merged3x: Important: Attention Central Florida Area Fins/Bucs fans! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged3x: Important: Attention Central Florida Area Fins/Bucs fans!

you've got to be kiddin...how could this game not make it in the central part of FL?

to many New Yorkers living in Florida.

but who really likes Fox anyways.

the Pitt/Jags game will be a very good game.

I feel bad for ya guys in florida, but it's kinda funny, becuase I will be able to see the game where I live, in central NY. :D Who'd thunk.

And here I thought I'd never see anything more stupid than a one-way zipper....

sorry 'bout your luck fellas...

I think they have monkeys throw darts at a map to decide who gets to see what game.

UCFinfan said:
Ok, I could understand if we wouldn't get Dolphins @ Chargers... BUT THEY AREN'T GIVING US DOLPHINS @ BUCS!!!!:yell::yell::yell:

CBS - Jaguars @ Steelers
FOX - Giants @ Cowboys :fire:

What is up with that? Anyone know if Fox or CBS is supposed to show the game? It is ridiculous that Central Florida doesn't get Tampa Bay vs. Miami!!!

Since we'll be in Tampa, CBS will air the game. It depends on the conference of the visiting team. Anyway, the NFL sets the blackout area by zip codes normally. Apparently the game didn't sell out or they'd air it. But you only have one team to worry about. Where i live, i'm in a 3 city blackout, wash, balt and philly. at least the Fins sell out in those cities usually. but then again, i usually go to those games anyway as well as in Miami, whever i can.

inFINSible said:
And here I thought I'd never see anything more stupid than a one-way zipper....

sorry 'bout your luck fellas...

:lol:

yeah now you know how i feel living by buffalo... seeing any miami game is like gold to me

Here's a message I recieved about this:

From the Orlando Sentinel back on October 8th:

On Oct. 16, the Miami Dolphins will play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Tampa in what should be one of the most intriguing games of the NFL season for fans in Central Florida.

Too bad they won't be able to see it locally on network television.

Henry Maldonado, vice president and general manager of WKMG-Ch. 6, a CBS affiliate, announced Friday that his station's efforts to televise the game have been turned down by his network because of a long-standing NFL-CBS agreement that the Jacksonville Jaguars can claim Orlando as a secondary TV market.

As a secondary market, WKMG is obligated to televise all Jags road games.

On Oct. 16 that means WKMG must show the Jags at the Pittsburgh Steelers -- and cannot show the Dolphins-Bucs. WOFL-Ch. 35, the local Fox affiliate, which usually shows Bucs games, cannot show this one either because it is a CBS game based on the visiting team being from the AFC.

Got that?

Essentially, it's great news for sports bars and satellite-dish salespeople, but frustrating news for Maldonado, WKMG and, presumably, most fans. Not only are the Dolphins and Bucs playing well, but Miami will use running back Ricky Williams for the first time this year. Williams is sitting out a four-game suspension for admitting to the use of marijuana before he left the Dolphins for all of last season.

"If the viewers are upset, I agree with them," Maldonado said. "I just want them to know we tried our best. We've been asking for an exception to the rule for months but didn't get it."

The statement from CBS reads: "The club, Jacksonville Jaguars, has declined to allow this exception due to a contracted rule which is, this is a secondary market and the Jaguars are away."

Maldonado said that during this Sunday's telecast of the Dolphins at the Buffalo Bills, WKMG will run an explanation of the situation.

Asked whether this arrangement with Jacksonville will last forever, Maldonado said, "I have no idea.

"We have strongly conveyed to CBS that this is not a Jaguars market."

SO IF YOU DO NOT HAVE DIRECT TV OR HAVE FRIENDS WITH IT, YOU WILL HAVE TO GO TO THE GAME OR TO A BAR.

"I have aggressively and persistently represented our side -- your side -- to carry the game, but our network has denied this request," Maldonado said. "Their reason, in their words: 'The club, Jacksonville Jaguars, has declined to allow this exception due to a contracted rule which is this is a secondary market and the Jaguars are away.'

"In simpler language: The rules call us to carry all Jaguars away games, which is the case on Oct. 16. We at WKMG have exhausted all avenues, from multiple appeals to our network going back for months, to my personally speaking with the Jaguars."

Hmm... This guy must have had lots of disgruntled fans knocking on his door.

SO the game won't be played on FOX? I thought that FOX in Central Florida runs all of the Bucs games. Man this does get confusing!!!

I'm a first time poster, but I have been enjoying this site for about two years now. First place I check every day! I love it!

This probably does no good, but If you would like to make your feelings known to the Powers that be about this incredible in-justice, here is the number to the NFL. Just ask for programming. Thank you!

1-212-450-2000:D

miami86 said:
SO the game won't be played on FOX? I thought that FOX in Central Florida runs all of the Bucs games. Man this does get confusing!!!

FOX runs NFC games, but if a game is interconference it is based on the ROAD team... being that the dolphins are on the road it becomes an AFC televised game which is on CBS... unfortunately the Jags this week are on the road and also on the AFC channell... sucks huh?

and TheMage... thanks for the advice, might give it a shot, im only about 5 minutes from disney world so maybe it'll work out...

Back
Top Bottom