MERGED3x-Ricky May Stay in CFL-Motive drug tests ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED3x-Ricky May Stay in CFL-Motive drug tests ?

tyson22 said:
saban loves him,

Can we stop with this "Saban loves Ricky" stuff? He doesn't. Saban wants Ricky on the team because he considers RB a two-man position, and Ricky happens to be a very good RB who is still under contract to the Dolphins. It has nothing to do with personal appreciation, and everything to do with wanting to win games.

BLITZKRIEG said:
If I'm not mistaken, Ricky is still being tested regularly. Afterall, he's still under contract with the Miami Dolphins as far as I know. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the impression I was under....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Just because he's being tested does not mean he's clean.

Yes, he's still under contract with Miami. My understanding is that the contract with Miami is a personal services contract. That means that Miami has the exclusive rights to Ricky Williams for the purposes of playing football. In order for Ricky to play football for another entity (it is irrelevant that it is the CFL), Ricky needs the approval of the organization that currently holds his rights---The Miami Dolphins.

Its like if Lacuna Coil wanted to release an album in Canada on a Canadian record label. They can't. They have an exclusive deal with Century Media. If they wanted to put out a limited-run 7" record on a cool Canadian indie label, Century Media would have to approve the deal.

Ricky is under contract with Miami. If he wants to play in Canada, he needs our approval. I'm sure that there is a contract between the Dolphins, the Argos and Ricky, that allowed him to play in Canada for one year.

This is all speculation, but I am an attorney (no kidding) and I have some experience in these kinds of matters.

Desides said:
Can we stop with this "Saban loves Ricky" stuff? He doesn't. Saban wants Ricky on the team because he considers RB a two-man position, and Ricky happens to be a very good RB who is still under contract to the Dolphins. It has nothing to do with personal appreciation, and everything to do with wanting to win games.

People can say what they wany but who would not want a combo of Ricky and Ronnie compared to using Sudafed Morris.

FLIPPER2 said:
is 'reefer' legal in canada?

if it is...RICKY WILLIAMS will not come back to MIAMI,
HE'LL STAY AND PLAY FOR THE CFL
Smoking and having weed isn't criminalized in Canada near as much as the USA. Ricky is up there smoking that Northern Lights!!!

Can we stop with this "Saban loves Ricky" stuff? He doesn't

have you read a single interview? dont tell me he doesnt. have you read any of the quotes sabans made about how he feels about ricky as a person?

It has nothing to do with personal appreciation

your wrong, plain and simple.

It's just Ricky trying to ham up on our big win and get some attention

again, were talking about a guy with social anxiety disorder, a guy who hates attention.

If Ricky wants to make $100,000 instead of OVER $500,000 then he's just plain as nuts as many thinks he is. Plus we have his contract, if Saban wants him back, he does NOT have to allow him to stay in the CFL.

1. I take back the "Ricky loves attention" line. Stupid comment on my part.

2. As for "Saban loves Ricky", it should be "Saban loves eating pizza with Ricky". I believe that is a more accurate statement.

I always find it amusing that there`s a Ricky Williams thread 12 months out of the year on here, like him or not, he`s on everybodys mind. I just read an interesting stat...since 2002 (the year Ricky came here) the Dolphins record when Williams has been in the lineup is 26-18, our record when he hasn`t been in the lineup, 8-20 (including the Bears win). Bottom line is we are a much better team when #34 is playing, and that`s just a fact. Hopefully he`s here in `07...`cause we need him!

Goin` Deep said:
I always find it amusing that there`s a Ricky Williams thread 12 months out of the year on here, like him or not, he`s on everybodys mind. I just read an interesting stat...since 2002 (the year Ricky came here) the Dolphins record when Williams has been in the lineup is 26-18, our record when he hasn`t been in the lineup, 8-20 (including the Bears win). Bottom line is we are a much better team when #34 is playing, and that`s just a fact. Hopefully he`s here in `07...`cause we need him!

Maybe we're 8-20 without him because we were depending on him to be there. We built the team under the assumption that Ricky would choose football over drugs. Once we can rebuild the team without assuming that Ricky will be around, we can become a better team. You can't depend on the guy. You just can't.

Just throwing out some facts Gardenhead, and are you seriously telling me the reason we`re 2-6 right now is because we were depending on Ricky this year?

Goin` Deep said:
Just throwing out some facts Gardenhead, and are you seriously telling me the reason we`re 2-6 right now is because we were depending on Ricky this year?

No.

Are you saying we'd be better than 2-6 if we had Ricky?

However, a healthy and present Ricky makes this team better. Sammie Morris has shown me nothing this year when he spells Ricky.

This offseason, we can upgrade the backup RB position by getting a FA or through the draft, or, we can assume Ricky will be there.

I do not advocate assuming that Ricky will be a Dolphin. That's my point...and that I hate Ricky:D

Who cares. Let him go. It's time we cut ties with this spaced out idiot. He's very talented but you can't count on him so let him go. It's the same with TO but his problem is his mouth. Wouldn't want him either..

Bye Bye Ricky.... and good ridence.

Gardenhead, yeah I think we`d have one or two more wins if Williams was here. Mularkey would be running the football much more than he has been (something he should been doing anyway!). I can understand your dislike for Ricky, we all had big expectations this year, especially after the way ran the second half of `05.

Ricky Williams may stay in Canada

I just saw on Cold Pizza that Ricky Williams has expressed interest in staying in Canada opposed to returning to the Dolphins. He said he needs to consult with his family and coach to see where the best place for him would be.

Sorry I don't have a link, but how would you guys feel if he stayed in Canada and AGAIN, quit on us?

EDIT: Opps, there is another thread I didn't see. Sorry guys. Please merge.

Back
Top Bottom