MERGED4x: Virus alert/Trojans/Ads | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED4x: Virus alert/Trojans/Ads

I'm just curious. Are most of the people that are having problems using Internet Explorer and some version of Windows?

...Okay... both of my computers are infected with something... I have used Malware Malbytes and Spybot and still can't root out what is wrong... I am not very literate in technology and too broke to pay someone to fix my computers... I am beside myself, because one of my computers has my family pictures on it... I get redirected to a site called shopica.com everytime I search on this computer (the other one may have a different problem... one at a time)... Any help? I have almost convinced myself that it is an exe file instead of something anti-spyware can pick up...

It's been suggested in this thread but did you try scanning your PC from the Safe Mode?

...Okay... both of my computers are infected with something... I have used Malware Malbytes and Spybot and still can't root out what is wrong... I am not very literate in technology and too broke to pay someone to fix my computers... I am beside myself, because one of my computers has my family pictures on it... I get redirected to a site called shopica.com everytime I search on this computer (the other one may have a different problem... one at a time)... Any help? I have almost convinced myself that it is an exe file instead of something anti-spyware can pick up...
Another solution is to restore your system to a previous restore point. If you have system restore point enabled, go back and resotre to a point before this happened and it should clean it up for you. The only drawback to that is any programs installed after that restore point will have to be re-installed again after your system is back up and running.

I am assuming you are using Windows XP?

If you are getting pop-ups saying you are infected and it looks like the Microsoft "Security Center"...look up wscsvc32.exe...

http://www.threatexpert.com/report.aspx?md5=839e68b258ca56a5693a47bd610415f5

If you try to kill the process...it just starts back up. You need to kill the process and delete the application really quickly afterwards. Try multiple times until you kill it. It is located in your 'temp' directory. Then clean out the registry and the files. Also kill the wow64main.exe after that.

Also, for us using "corporate IT builds"...we can not just go install the stuff being mentioned in this thead. We are stuck with Internet Explorer and whatever corporate virus solution we have. WHICH HAS BEEN JUST FINE at keeping everything out of my system until now.

If you are getting pop-ups saying you are infected and it looks like the Microsoft "Security Center"...look up wscsvc32.exe...

http://www.threatexpert.com/report.aspx?md5=839e68b258ca56a5693a47bd610415f5

If you try to kill the process...it just starts back up. You need to kill the process and delete the application really quickly afterwards. Try multiple times until you kill it. It is located in your 'temp' directory. Then clean out the registry and the files. Also kill the wow64main.exe after that.

If you know where it is boot into safe mode and take it out there. If you guys are running scans make sure you disable system restore before doing so or you are wasting your time. After you remove it re-enable system restore. Always scan and do clean ups in safe mode otherwise it is pointless.

which is why we need the screenshot to see which ads are displayed when it happens. Really not that hard. The servers are fine.

Today I see that the ads displayed has changed and I am not getting the same issues.

Today I see that the ads displayed has changed and I am not getting the same issues.

That is good news. I noticed they were on here looking at it earlier so hopefully they have fixed the issues.

If you know where it is boot into safe mode and take it out there. If you guys are running scans make sure you disable system restore before doing so or you are wasting your time. After you remove it re-enable system restore. Always scan and do clean ups in safe mode otherwise it is pointless.

I already killed it off.

I don't have a choice about the IE, etc... on my laptop... work computer...

I have done the safe mode scans and it does nothing for me or my problem...

I don't have the files you referenced on my computer...

My It department is not exactly personable or helpful... I have also removed the mentioned programs since using them... I could weekly install FireFox and take it off before Monday.... but I don't think so...

Another solution is to restore your system to a previous restore point. If you have system restore point enabled, go back and resotre to a point before this happened and it should clean it up for you. The only drawback to that is any programs installed after that restore point will have to be re-installed again after your system is back up and running.

I am assuming you are using Windows XP?

That won't work. If your infected with a trojan or virus, going back to a restore point may actually be more harmful and embed them further.

What I recommend is Avast for anti-virus, Malwarebytes for spyware and Outpost firewall. Along with using Firefox with Adblock Plus addon, I haven't had any problems since.

Back
Top Bottom