MERGED4x: Virus alert/Trojans/Ads | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED4x: Virus alert/Trojans/Ads

Cost me $200 to get my computer fixed, but I took the advise from some ppl on the board. I instulled no script and firefox and i dont see the adds and havent had any further trouble. Still won pay for VIP as long as this virus issue is still goin on.

Acctually the only "spam" or "pop up" i see is VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP!

Cost me $200 to get my computer fixed, but I took the advise from some ppl on the board. I instulled no script and firefox and i dont see the adds and havent had any further trouble. Still won pay for VIP as long as this virus issue is still goin on.

Don't forget to get Adblock Plus also!

Can someone sift this maelstrom of advice and tell me what they did to fix their computer that doesn't involve wiping it?

get mozilla firefox and download mozillas adblock. will cure your problems on finheaven plus no ads anywhere else too.

Hey thanks... how about someone tell me how to get the damn virus off... Someone has to have done it... I have FFox and AdBlock and NoScript... had them when I was infected... on one of the TWO computers that I have down from the ads... and I can't seem to fix one of them... Any help?

Hey thanks... how about someone tell me how to get the damn virus off... Someone has to have done it... I have FFox and AdBlock and NoScript... had them when I was infected... on one of the TWO computers that I have down from the ads... and I can't seem to fix one of them... Any help?

Nate,

Unfortunately the only recourse after a PC has been infected often is reinstalling the OS. I'm not sure what you have going on and it can be real difficult to remove the bug or bugs that you have on your system. It really depends on what you are working with. You haven't provided a lot of information as to what has been detected, what the symptoms are, what resources (utilities) you are using and what steps you have taken. Kind of hard to offer help without knowing more. Even after providing more information, the best course of action may still be to reformat and start over again.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I provided... just a lot earlier in all of this mess... I am running windows XP...FF as a browser... It really doesn't matter because it won't go online... I have tried to boot up and run malware bytes and spybot in safe mode off of a usb... i cannot access any of my music files or family photos... everytime I go to my drives a file opens that says "This is not a PDF%20 file, windows is closing"...I am losing my damn mind over it... I can't figure it out....

I provided... just a lot earlier in all of this mess... I am running windows XP...FF as a browser... It really doesn't matter because it won't go online... I have tried to boot up and run malware bytes and spybot in safe mode off of a usb... i cannot access any of my music files or family photos... everytime I go to my drives a file opens that says "This is not a PDF%20 file, windows is closing"...I am losing my damn mind over it... I can't figure it out....

Wondering what anti-virus software you are running Nate? Is it up do date?

Also don't run Malwarebytes from a flash. You need to install it.

I think I can help you. It won't be tonight. If you can't get online there could be numerous issues. The browser could be compromised.

Wondering what anti-virus software you are running Nate? Is it up do date?

Also don't run Malwarebytes from a flash. You need to install it.

I think I can help you. It won't be tonight. If you can't get online there could be numerous issues. The browser could be compromised.

Hopefully it will let him install it. It would also help to know if anything specific has been detected.......

Hopefully it will let him install it. It would also help to know if anything specific has been detected.......

I'm thinking it could be an exe that has installed itself as a service.

I was fixing a machine recently that kept re-directing and came upon an app called Kwanzy115 that had installed itself as a service. I had to use startup software called Autoruns to find out where it was residing because it found a nice place to hide and non of the malware exterminators found it nor the antivirus. I tracked it down and eventually killed it in safe mode and cleaned up the registry. It was a mean one.

I'm thinking it could be an exe that has installed itself as a service.

I was fixing a machine recently that kept re-directing and came upon an app called Kwanzy115 that had installed itself as a service. I had to use startup software called Autoruns to find out where it was residing because it found a nice place to hide and non of the malware exterminators found it nor the antivirus. I tracked it down and eventually killed it in safe mode and cleaned up the registry. It was a mean one.

I think that I am going to bow out to you on this then. I freely admit that I am not much of a Windows person any more and I have not had any significant infection on that platform in years, thank God. Most of my limited work in the Microsoft OS is more preventative in nature with regards to this type of trouble. On the job I often find that it is easier to just re-image a machine than it is to devote the time that is necessary to clean it thoroughly. Too much on my plate....

Thanks for mentioning Autoruns. I've already downloaded the app and plan to give it a look on one of my old servers and a desktop that are both on my home network. I think that I can get some use out of it. :up:

I think that I am going to bow out to you on this then. I freely admit that I am not much of a Windows person any more and I have not had any significant infection on that platform in years, thank God. Most of my limited work in the Microsoft OS is more preventative in nature with regards to this type of trouble. On the job I often find that it is easier to just re-image a machine than it is to devote the time that is necessary to clean it thoroughly. Too much on my plate....

Thanks for mentioning Autoruns. I've already downloaded the app and plan to give it a look on one of my old servers and a desktop that are both on my home network. I think that I can get some use out of it. :up:

Autoruns is awesome. I think you will find it extremely useful for startup. It shows you everything!

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom