MERGED6x-Praises for Joey/ I am still supporting Harrington! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED6x-Praises for Joey/ I am still supporting Harrington!

SCall13 said:
OMG!! I can't believe anyone would try to dig something negative to say about Harrington. I wonder how many drops these other QBs endured. There were 5 blatant drops in this game. There's more than your 4% right there.

It wasn't trying to dig something negative to say about Harrington, it was just pointing out that the sudden Hype for Harrington is a little overblown. If you've seen my posts this year, I have been a CP basher and a Harrington supporter, so, you really are off the mark here. :evil:

i am not a huge joey fan, but today i was, the guy was great today, yeah it was against the lions but the throws he made were dead on and would have been completed against good teams

he did have several dropped passes, today was the first day i was confident in him he played a complete game today

the pick was a bad throw but that is about it

i predicted this yesterday i was off 30 something yards but got the td and int right

i am not ready to give him the starting qb job in 07 because we still got a shot in 06 but i still think cpep is the better qb, lets give him a shot when he is healthy and if he is not we know what we got in harrington, a fiedler type player

Phanatical said:
Practically perfect?

He played good, against the worst secondary in the league, I agree, but perfect??? Let's not go overboard. A couple of weeks ago, everyone was saying how he sucked, now everyone is anointing him the QB of the future. He is what he is, a good QB. I like Joey, he might keep developing and actually be a great QB one day, who knows, but right now, Joey is just serviceable, nothing less, nothing more.

GO PHINS~!

Yeah but I think if anyone calls him strictly a backup anymore I'm gonna snap. He's clearly starter material, what's to be figured out is what kind of starter and whether it will be with us

brandon1986 said:
i am not a huge joey fan, but today i was, the guy was great today, yeah it was against the lions but the throws he made were dead on and would have been completed against good teams

he did have several dropped passes, today was the first day i was confident in him he played a complete game today

the pick was a bad throw but that is about it

i predicted this yesterday i was off 30 something yards but got the td and int right

i am not ready to give him the starting qb job in 07 because we still got a shot in 06 but i still think cpep is the better qb, lets give him a shot when he is healthy and if he is not we know what we got in harrington, a fiedler type player

Good post. Exactly spoken for those of us that didn't make up our minds at signing.

adamprez2003 said:
Yeah but I think if anyone calls him strictly a backup anymore I'm gonna snap. He's clearly starter material, what's to be figured out is what kind of starter

I've never called him a backup, I've been calling him a starter, and saying he's better than CP, for 7 straight weeks. :D

GoonBoss said:
Good post. Exactly spoken for those of us that didn't make up our minds at signing.
You can dream about CPep as long as you want, but the one that is playing now is JH and is winning.

JH a Fidleresque kind of QB?...think again.

first&goal said:
You can dream about CPep as long as you want, but the one that is playing now is JH and is winning.

Actually, I don't think that is such an insult. Fiedler was a darn good competitor and leader. JH's arm is obviously stronger, so, we might have ourselves a decent QB.

Phanatical said:
Actually, I don't think that is such an insult. Fiedler was a darn good competitor and leader. JH's arm is obviously stronger, so, we might have ourselves a decent QB.
Thats exactly my point!

first&goal said:

Well, CPep will be starting next year, regardless of what you say.

Second...Joey is doing well when put in a position to succeed.

I was on record early this year when I marked JH and Beasley as the best
off season pickups. Like it or not, JH was a magnificent pick up for Saban.......Like it or not...Joey is limited.

What if harrington would have completed those 4 passes

what would have been harringtons QB rating if those receivers would have caught those 4 balls. CMP23-ATT29 in stead of 19-29 good enough his rating wats 107.4 i think it would have been between 130-150 great numbers for harrington one INT but i really didnt think to much of it.

first&goal said:

that was not an insult, i think highly of fiedler he may not have been the best qb in the world, but he had guts and balls and was a winner that is what i was getting at

i am not saying joey is going to be a starter i want to see more games like this one

GoonBoss said:
Well, CPep will be starting next year, regardless of what you say.

Second...Joey is doing well when put in a position to succeed.

I was on record early this year when I marked JH and Beasley as the best
off season pickups. Like it or not, JH was a magnificent pick up for Saban.......Like it or not...Joey is limited.
Before starting again he needs to be able to play first, then beat JH in training camp.
JH is doing exactly what the coaches ask him to do, the buttom line is that is playing pretty good and is improving.
Not sure about JH limits, but I like what is doing right now.

GoonBoss said:
Need more OJ for that screwdriver ? :wink:

Oh, yeah...

Joeys strictly a backup.

ghetto seabreeze (I call it trash dump). get it right:fire: vodka, oj and hawaiin punch :lol:

Dude, he may not be top of the list but he's definitely a starter. May not be the best but he definitely aint the worst

Back
Top Bottom