MergedX3: The WR Thread | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MergedX3: The WR Thread

ginn should have had that in his rookie year, because of where he was drafted no matter what

This is a pretty worthless statement. The only factor you will consider is his draft spot? Not him being a rookie? Or being considered raw? Or him not starting until halfway through the season? Or that Cleo Lemon was our QB? Or that the offense as a whole was awful?

Way to give the situation absolutely no thought. That's definitely the best way to come to a conclusion.

I have mixeed feelings about our wrs . I wished that our wrs were among the nfls elite but most fans outside dolphin land can see that these guys are fair but not the type of wrs that scare defenses.

i still think eventually he would be the odd man out only because he is not a dare i say it a "parcells guy." bess is hustling on every play. ginn is not the play that did it for me was the first game of the year on that jump ball, that he did not make any effort to go after. yeah i know he redeemed himself here and there but still that is uncalled for.

First of all Ginn pulled the guy down to the ground but the ball landed on his chest anyways on that play. And watching Ginn get up after being tripped on sunday and sprinting the length of the field, getting leveled by a 350 pound man and getting back up shows hustle. Most wide receivers run the length of the field to make a tackle. Ted Ginn did.

Anyone who thinks Ginn wasn't going to be drafted in the first round is seriously misinformed and clueless. There were plenty of rumors going on about San Fran taking him at 11. Also, almost every mock had him being selected anywhere from 15-25.

Ginn is that talented. Stop looking at him as a #9 pick. Look at him as the guy he replaced, and that was Chambers. Chambers was a good reciever who was plagued with untimely drops on routine catches, but would make the most incredible and spectacular catches ever look routine. Compare Ginns stats to Chambers stats, and I guarantee that you will be impressed with Ginn compared to the beloved Chambers. Meanwhile, notice how Ginn catches almost anything thrown his way. With Pennington, Ginn is learning how to be a #1 receiver, learning the importance of perfect routes and precise timing, it will come with some stability at QB, finally!

If it makes u feel better . . . he was SIXTH last year with no Jake, Ricky, Ronnie . . . Cleo and Beck at QB . . . horrible coaching.

Yea he was a RAW WR, one of the rawest EVER to be drafted top 10 . . . yea he was overdrafted . . . but instead of appreciating the development we are seeing this kid go thru, we knock him down because he isn't Calvin Johnson yet . . . come on bro . . . wake up.

Plus Ginn was behind Chambers and Booker last year . . . 2 former Pro Bowlers, get off of him.
Besides, I rather have Ginn on an 11-5 team than Johnson on an 0-16 team.

Ginn is going to go off next season. Its his third year and hes finally got stability at qb. This produce in the first game or leave is what caused the fall of this franchise. This is the first time in over a decade that we are actually developing talent.

In terms of yards:

Bess is 4th for rookies with 554 yards
Ginn is 4th for second years with 790 yards
Camarillo is 7th for third years with 613 yards (in only 11 games)

It looks like our Wrs are among the best of the future. I also don't understand why some of you guys are such critics of Ginn: He's only in his second year and with 790 yards hes performing at the top of his draft class.

but we NEEEEEEED that prototype Boldin-Fitzgerald-A.Johnson-like WR to be a great team. our OL, DL and LB are the greatestest ever *end sarcasm*

I have mixeed feelings about our wrs . I wished that our wrs were among the nfls elite but most fans outside dolphin land can see that these guys are fair but not the type of wrs that scare defenses.

:up: Love that sig. P-51. The ultimate Warbird!

Why is it that you argue at length about how Ginn is constantly double teamed and that is why he did not have better numbers, but praise a receiver who was out of the league last year for beating double teams? I guess I don't understand how a receiver who was out of football for a year is putting up better numbers than a "stud" high draft pick. Help me to see the light.

Simple, if you compare two players that have similar numbers, while player A draws the double coverage and player B gets his yards facing nothing but single coverage, player A is better. Player A is Ginn and player B is Camarillo. I've never stated that Ginn is a "#1 WR", just that he's our #1 WR. At this point in his career, I would consider Ginn a very good #2 WR, that's to say that he's a very good complimentary WR.

Bryant on the other hand, is a legit #1 WR. This is a guy that had guys like Chad Hutchinson, Quincy Carter, a washed up Vinny Testaverde (last year starting), Kelly Holcomb, Luke McCown, Trent Dilfer, Charlie Frye, Alex Smith, Tim Rattay, Ken Dorsey and Cody Pickett throwing him the ball. Jeff Garcia starts throwing him the ball and he becomes a top teir WR. Not that it's really a surprise, 2008 was his 3rd consecutive year (years played) that he was the leading WR on his team. I don't consider it a knock on Ginn, that Bryant is a better WR.

I guess the problem I have is, you see everything in black and white. Either Ginn is a great player, or he's a bust.

Keyshawn Johnson-1st overall
Calvin Johnson-2nd overall pick
Carlos Rodgers-2nd overall pick
Larry Fitzgerald-3rd overall pick
Andre Johnson-3rd overall pick
Braylon Edwards-3rd overall pick
Peter Warrick-4th overall pick
Michael Westbrook-4th overall pick
Desmond Howard-4th overall
----------------
Tim Brown-6th overall pick
Torry Holt-6th overall pick
Roy Williams-7th overall pick
Terry Glenn-7th overall pick
Curtis Conway-7th overall pick
Sterling Sharpe-7th overall pick
Troy Williamson-7th overall pick
Ike Hilliard-7th overall pick
Plaxico Burress-8th overall pick
Joey Galloway-8th overall pick
David Boston-8th overall pick
David Terrell-8th overall pick
Koren Robinson-9th overall pick
Reggie Williams-9th overall pick
Herman Moore-10th overall pick
Al Toon-10th overall pick
Mike Williams-10th overall pick
Travis Taylor-10th overall pick
J.J. Stokes-10th overall pick

Offensive Stats after first 2 seasons:
Torry Holt: 2,423 receiving yards, 12 total touchdowns (all receiving)
Sterling Sharpe: 2,214 receiving yards, 13 total touchdowns (all receiving)
Larry Fitzgerald: 2,189 receiving yards, 18 total touchdowns (all receiving)
Andre Johnson: 2,118 receiving yards, 10 total touchdowns (all receiving)
Calvin Johnson: 2,087 receiving yards, 17 total touchdowns (16 receiving, 1 rushing)
Joey Galloway: 2,026 receiving yards, 15 total touchdowns (14 receiving, 1 rushing)
Al Toon: 1,838 receiving yards, 11 total touchdowns (all receiving)
Keyshawn Johnson: 1,807 receiving yards, 13 receiving touchdowns (all receiving)
Koren Robinson: 1,776 receiving yards, 6 total touchdowns (all receiving)
David Boston: 1,629 receiving yards, 9 total touchdowns (all receiving)
Terry Glenn: 1,563 receiving yards, 8 total touchdowns (all receiving)
Roy Williams: 1,504 receiving yards, 16 total touchdowns (all receiving)
Braylon Edwards: 1,396 receiving yards, 9 total touchdowns (all receiving)
Plaxico Burress: 1,281 receiving yards, 6 total touchdowns (all receiving)
Peter Warrick: 1,259 receiving yards, 7 total touchdowns (5 receiving, 2 rushing)
Ted Ginn: 1,210 receiving yards, 6 total touchdowns (4 receiving, 2 rushing)
Herman Moore: 1,101 receiving yards, 4 total touchdowns (all receiving)
Michael Westbrook: 1,027 receiving yards, 3 total touchdowns (2 receiving, 1 rushing)
Travis Taylor: 836 receiving yards, 6 toal touchdowns (all receiving)
Troy Willaimson: 827 receiving yards, 2 total touchdowns (both receiving)
Curtis Conway: 777 receiving yards, 4 total touchdowns (all receiving)
J.J. Stokes: 766 receiving yards, 4 total touchdowns (all receiving)
Ike Hilliard: 757 receiving yards, 2 total touchdowns (all receiving)
Tim Brown: 733 receiving yards, 6 total touchdowns (5 receiving, 1 rushing)
Reggie Williams: 713 receiving yards, 1 touchdown (receiving)
David Terrell: 542 receiving yards, 7 total touchdowns (all receiving)
Mike Williams: 449 receiving yards, 2 total touchdowns (both receiving)
Desmond Howard: 306 receiving yards, no touchdowns
Carlos Rodgers: 243 receiving yards, 3 total touchdowns (all receiving)

The players that are bolded were all taken before Ginn. The players in red not only were taken before Ginn, but all were top 5 picks. Players taken in the 8-10 range are in blue.

Looking at the list, Ginn is not only middle of the pack among all top 10 picks (most of which were picked before him), but he's also middle of the pack amongst the top 8-10 picks. Given the evidence, Ginn isn't ahead of schedule, nor is he behind of schedule. Ginn's career is only two years in, so it's impossible to draw any sort of conclusion as to where his career will end up. Having said that, if Ginn's receiving yards per game average drops much below the 49.38 yards he averaged in '08, I will be more inclined to agree with you.

Joey Galloway: 2,026 receiving yards, 15 total touchdowns (14 receiving, 1 rushing)
Al Toon: 1,838 receiving yards, 11 total touchdowns (all receiving)
Koren Robinson: 1,776 receiving yards, 6 total touchdowns (all receiving)
David Boston: 1,629 receiving yards, 9 total touchdowns (all receiving)
Plaxico Burress: 1,281 receiving yards, 6 total touchdowns (all receiving)
Ted Ginn: 1,210 receiving yards, 6 total touchdowns (4 receiving, 2 rushing)
Herman Moore: 1,101 receiving yards, 4 total touchdowns (all receiving)
Travis Taylor: 836 receiving yards, 6 toal touchdowns (all receiving)
J.J. Stokes: 766 receiving yards, 4 total touchdowns (all receiving)
Reggie Williams: 713 receiving yards, 1 touchdown (receiving)
Mike Williams: 449 receiving yards, 2 total touchdowns (both receiving)

In terms of yards:

Bess is 4th for rookies with 554 yards
Ginn is 4th for second years with 790 yards
Camarillo is 7th for third years with 613 yards (in only 11 games)

It looks like our Wrs are among the best of the future. I also don't understand why some of you guys are such critics of Ginn: He's only in his second year and with 790 yards hes performing at the top of his draft class.

This is good stuff but it is also important to note that we will be doing it by committee for the next 10 years..., we may not have one WR catch 100 passes..., we will RUN up your grill for the next 10 years..., that's why they landed J Long... THis team will not try to mimmick what the Pats are doing..., we will run to set up the pass but we will control the clock keeping the Defense fresh and we will win more than we lose...

790 yards with a QB that spreads the ball around like scrambled eggs is as good as its gonna get. I'll take the 11 wins over what our record would be if CP started keying in on double covered Ginn just to get him his stats.

This is good stuff but it is also important to note that we will be doing it by committee for the next 10 years..., we may not have one WR catch 100 passes..., we will RUN up your grill for the next 10 years..., that's why they landed J Long... THis team will not try to mimmick what the Pats are doing..., we will run to set up the pass but we will control the clock keeping the Defense fresh and we will win more than we lose...

This is also an offense that spreads the ball around alot. We don't pass as much so instead of being like the cardinals who had three receivers over 1000 yards we might have three at or around 800 yards.

This is also an offense that spreads the ball around alot. We don't pass as much so instead of being like the cardinals who had three receivers over 1000 yards we might have three at or around 800 yards.

Works for me..., keeps everyone attentive and if soemone should fall due to injury the team responds much better

Back
Top Bottom