MergedX8:The Free Agency Thread | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MergedX8:The Free Agency Thread

if you cant get boldin, our recievers are fine, please dont mess with chad johnson. housh wouldnt be a bad pick up i think that money could be spent in better ways tho. we have a real deep recieving core and housh isnt the big tough reciever we are looking for. he is an upgrade but more of the same of what we have

was it REALLY a home run draft?? just because we had a good season doesnt mean we drafted well. In fact, considering WHERE we were drafting (the top of each round) and the fact we had an additional 2nd round pick did we even have a good draft????

look at it OBJECTIVELY and dont be a homer.

Jake Long though a very good player was not the best player in the draft (Matt Ryan was) and he may not have even been the best Left Tackle (Ryan Clady)

Phillip Merling was part of the rotation but he was quiet all year and made only one big play (favre interception) He seems a little soft, may not be strong enough at the point of attack, and the jury is still out on this guy.

Chad Henne - sure you need qb talent, and he looks like he MAY be the real deal. However, he is now buried on the bench for probably two years now, and we really can still only speculate what kind of QB he MAY become while its pretty obvious what kind of qb matt ryan is.

Kendall Langford - At this point the only bonafide fantastic pick made by this regime. good against the run and will improve. started and made plays. good value

Shawn Murphy. looks to be a wasted pick at this point and he isnt young either (27 next year)

Jalen Parmele might have been a good pick. too bad we wasted 2 picks on running backs we didnt need, and only showcased the guy so he could end up on baltimores roster. with some of the garbage we had on the roster (derek smith) this guy should have been protected. at this point he was a bad pick cause he isnt with the team

Donald Thomas looked promising but the fact of the matter is the guy has barely played a down in the NFL because he got injured right away. If he has talent but never plays then he cant help us can he?

Lex Hilliard terrible pick complete waste of a pick, and drafted too many backs. Will never play for this team

Lional Dotson might actually turn out ok. time will tell. but then again weve actually found defensive lineman in the past in the seventh. we just decided to let them contribute for other teams (fred evans, vickerson)

So what do we have? Two guys we know can play (Long, Langford) and, at this point, nothing but question marks and what ifs.

Im as big a Parcells fan as there is. but truthfully, unless two more players from this draft turn into very good players, or Henne becomes a TRUE franchise QB (meaning he is consistently one of the ten best in the league) This draft was simply mediocre considering what there was to work with.

It doesn't matter where we picked. It's about the players you get and at the very least we have a franchise left tackle and a future stud in Langford. The other picks we'll have to wait on.

At 6'6 feet tall, Haynesworth would not be an ideal nose tackle. We can certaintly have him transition there but it would not really be ideal.

At 6'6 feet tall, Haynesworth would not be an ideal nose tackle. We can certaintly have him transition there but it would not really be ideal.

porter esque when cma wouldnt allow him to succeed becasue he was making him play somehting he just didnt do well.
plus we couldnt get haynesworth if we wanted to. he is in negotiations now with Tenn and reports are that he would only want to go to carolina or hotlanna. and lina doesnt have the cash and tenn vs hotlanna isnt a very tough decision. so he is not a realistic choice

Why not? We have enough money to get at least one of them if we want to. Most probably Nnamdi.

nnamdi will be franchised and if he refused to play, which is rumors, he will get the biggest contract for a cb ever, we have the money but he wil get the same money from someone lese to and i just dont feel that we will shell out for a big name, even if the name warrents it. haynesworth forget it he is in talks now with Tenn. he doesnt want to leave and they cant afford him to leave. he said (report) the only other places he would go would be gotlanna or carolina. carolina doesnt have the cash after they shell out big bucks for peppers (report) and tenn v.s. hotlanna ill tell u who is winning that battle. plus he is a 4-3 dt not a 3-4 nt, look at joey porter we all know what moving a player out of position can do to him.

When does FA start ?

jus curious im not exactly sure i know its a couple of days after the super bowl no?

I don't think he wants to play for a losing team. Would be hard to throw to a Miami team that has two excellent cornerbacks. That will be a dream for us though.

as much as i dont think we are getting him, are you aware of two things.
1. He plays for the Fargin raiders who suck, royaly!
2. We finished with an 11-5 record and are the 2008 afc east champions

so ur point does nothing for me.

If we sign Suggs, we have to release Porter. Neither Porter or Suggs can't play LOLB.

I don't think he wants to play for a losing team. Would be hard to throw to a Miami team that has two excellent cornerbacks. That will be a dream for us though.

Are you talking about the Raiders? Because i don't think we're going to be a losing team for a long time to come.

I dont see what is so wrong with useing f/a to help fill in holes , because we cant draft enough players to shore it up we need f/a at least at wr and ot .

Back
Top Bottom