MergedX8:The Free Agency Thread | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MergedX8:The Free Agency Thread

if we don't fix our pass rush, all the CB's in the world won't help us

if u ask me, crwoder is gone, Goodman is resigned, carey is resigned, bell is resigned. hill brought back for depth.

we go after a G and a C (brown from balt plz) for O line and we get a ILB in round 2, a OLB in round 1, robinson, atogwe, mcfadden any of the 2 in FA..id say mcfadden is higho n their list b/c he fits the tough physical play coming from pitts.

was it REALLY a home run draft?? just because we had a good season doesnt mean we drafted well. In fact, considering WHERE we were drafting (the top of each round) and the fact we had an additional 2nd round pick did we even have a good draft????

look at it OBJECTIVELY and dont be a homer.

Jake Long though a very good player was not the best player in the draft (Matt Ryan was) and he may not have even been the best Left Tackle (Ryan Clady)

Phillip Merling was part of the rotation but he was quiet all year and made only one big play (favre interception) He seems a little soft, may not be strong enough at the point of attack, and the jury is still out on this guy.

Chad Henne - sure you need qb talent, and he looks like he MAY be the real deal. However, he is now buried on the bench for probably two years now, and we really can still only speculate what kind of QB he MAY become while its pretty obvious what kind of qb matt ryan is.

Kendall Langford - At this point the only bonafide fantastic pick made by this regime. good against the run and will improve. started and made plays. good value

Shawn Murphy. looks to be a wasted pick at this point and he isnt young either (27 next year)

Jalen Parmele might have been a good pick. too bad we wasted 2 picks on running backs we didnt need, and only showcased the guy so he could end up on baltimores roster. with some of the garbage we had on the roster (derek smith) this guy should have been protected. at this point he was a bad pick cause he isnt with the team

Donald Thomas looked promising but the fact of the matter is the guy has barely played a down in the NFL because he got injured right away. If he has talent but never plays then he cant help us can he?

Lex Hilliard terrible pick complete waste of a pick, and drafted too many backs. Will never play for this team

Lional Dotson might actually turn out ok. time will tell. but then again weve actually found defensive lineman in the past in the seventh. we just decided to let them contribute for other teams (fred evans, vickerson)

So what do we have? Two guys we know can play (Long, Langford) and, at this point, nothing but question marks and what ifs.

Im as big a Parcells fan as there is. but truthfully, unless two more players from this draft turn into very good players, or Henne becomes a TRUE franchise QB (meaning he is consistently one of the ten best in the league) This draft was simply mediocre considering what there was to work with.

Hmm. Very objective and "factual" observation...

If we sign Suggs, we have to release Porter. Neither Porter or Suggs can't play LOLB.

Good point. not going to happen. MIA will be looking to upgrade NT most likely and probably the SOLB, not the WOLB. Good point. WOuldn't be surprised if they draft a MLB to groom behind either Crowder or Ray Lewis...:D

But to be fair, Porter didn't have a bad season at the SOLB, just because he didn't rack up 17.5 sacks...he still tackled and held the edge well...so doesn't make adding a WOLB and moving Porter to SOLB an impossibility...

i know ima get bashed for this but......the draft isnt always the answer! I KNOW PARCELLS is a MASTERMIND in the draft, but look @ p.merling. he will be good with time but langoford who was drafted later is actually starting! merling didnt do much until that pick the LAST game of the season. but thats not the point, if we draft a WR in the 1st or CB,NT,DE,OLB it is not really a sure thing they will be able to help the team right away. i would like to spend some money on big FA that are experienced and can come in and help right away but obviously cheap... and still draft rookies to develope and eventually help the team. but we cant count on another d.bess,d.thomas or k.langford coming in and starting and locking up the position like they did. so i dunno i would love to see us get haynesworth if he fits the 3-4 system or Definatley Suggs! i also agree we need some vet CBs like D.Robinson from texans or asomugha.

Very good points. You start a rebuilding year with the draft while adding some no name vets, then use the draft on the 2nd year for depth while adding "one or two" BIG name vets, then you use the draft in the 3rd year for project types while signing "one" BIG name to put you over the top...

That's how you go through a normal rebuilding period. WE are in year two. This means that we are due to sign "one or two" BIG names. :up:

Now the reason the first year is mostly draft is because your picks are HIGH picks and nobody wants to sign with you.

The reason that the second year the draft is mostly for depth is because your picks is usually in the middle of the round and now FAs are noticing you.

The reason that the third year is for project types is because usually your picks are in the latter parts of the round and that BIG name guy wants to go to a contender where he can win the SB....BUYA!

Good points Mr. Ed, but you can't truly evaluate a draft, until years later, some executives say 4 or 5 years, I say 3. Time will tell, but very astute mate.

My wish list is Nnamdi Asomugha -CB-UFA
Brian Dawkins-S-UFA Jordan Gross-T-UFA Bart Scott-ILB-UFA Jeremy Newberry-C-UFA resign Bell and Goodman And then DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT!!!

My wish list is Nnamdi Asomugha -CB-UFA
Brian Dawkins-S-UFA Jordan Gross-T-UFA Bart Scott-ILB-UFA Jeremy Newberry-C-UFA resign Bell and Goodman And then DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT!!!

Asomugha will be tagged by the Raiders if Davis loses his last 3 brain cells he may let him go HIGHLY doubt it.

Dawkins is 3000 years old we are getting younger he has only maybe one year left.

Gross Hellz yea

Scott YES

Newberry rather have the Ravens center Brown

Yea i think we will resign Goodman, Bell and Hill

On Bart Scott, I found this. I'm not sure what this says about him but I don't like it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_Scott

On December 3, 2007, Scott was penalized twice for unsportsmanlike conduct in the fourth quarter of the Monday Night Football game against the New England Patriots. The second call came after Scott picked up the official's flag from the first call and threw it into the stands (since the calls came between the scoring of a touchdown and the ensuing kickoff, the two penalties cost the Ravens 30 yards on the ensuing kickoff. After the possession ended, Scott had to be held back from the referee by his teammates. Following the game, teammate Samari Rolle made accusations of disrespectful language by the official involved.

On Bart Scott, I found this. I'm not sure what this says about him but I don't like it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_Scott

On December 3, 2007, Scott was penalized twice for unsportsmanlike conduct in the fourth quarter of the Monday Night Football game against the New England Patriots. The second call came after Scott picked up the official's flag from the first call and threw it into the stands (since the calls came between the scoring of a touchdown and the ensuing kickoff, the two penalties cost the Ravens 30 yards on the ensuing kickoff. After the possession ended, Scott had to be held back from the referee by his teammates. Following the game, teammate Samari Rolle made accusations of disrespectful language by the official involved.

Oh i remember that that was the team that almost beat the Pats last year during the regular season. Alot happened before that. The timout that stopped them on a 4th down the offsides after they stopped them. The the pass interference which was BS on 4th that had the game won for the Ravens. Then the scored a touchdown on a 4th down the Ravens got screwed so many times at the end of that game i am not to suprised about the outlash.

Its not a big deal to me he is a gamer.

i think we will go after t suggs big time if rels by baltimore.

sign all FA as long as they not overpayed.

i think we need pass rusher and FS

FS in draft and t suggs wld be steel

Asomugha will be tagged by the Raiders if Davis loses his last 3 brain cells he may let him go HIGHLY doubt it.

Dawkins is 3000 years old we are getting younger he has only maybe one year left.

Gross Hellz yea

Scott YES

Newberry rather have the Ravens center Brown

Yea i think we will resign Goodman, Bell and Hill
Actually, I read somewhere that Nnamdi can't be tagged again since he made the Pro Bowl. I can't remember where this was, if someone could help me out with that it would be greatly appreciated.

i personally would love the fins to get haynesworth. i would also MORE THAN LOVE the fins to get ed reed (i'm not sure if he is a free agent). and then i hope we have a great draft

Back
Top Bottom