MergedX8:The Free Agency Thread | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MergedX8:The Free Agency Thread

"...15-20 players will be turned over on this roster for next year..."

You better believe it.

Major upgrades and infusion of youth will continue on this roster. Few are secure.

Those at risk are:
Carey
Satele
Solai
Holiday- unless he resigns for less $
Crowder - other FA's available for same $ that are better playmakers
Wright - inactive most of year
Wilford
Polite
Roth - could become second teamer to new FA addition
Hill - veteran but no playmaker or ballhawk

FA's:
LB
OL
DL
Trifecta will continue to build this team from inside out, focusing on linemen and LB's.

Draft:
Many boards have Fins taking a WR in 1st round. I'm not convinced Tuna is in love with these darlings...All we need is 1 game breaking, double cover requiring WR to open up the field for our TE's and Camarillo, Bess.
Doubt Fins spend big bucks on a high risk draft as the WR position has proven to be..i.e.Detroit Lions.

Fins will take best D player available, one who will start immediately vs require developing.

We'll definitely be bigger, faster, stronger!

let me start off by saying please stop wanting haynsworth and Nnambi. Haynesworth is staying he want to stay, he is in negotiations talks now, and Tenn cant afford to let him leave. and Nnambdi is going to be franchised and not only would a lot have to happen for him to refuse to play and ist out, as some are reporting he do, but he would almost surley get the highest DB deal ever, adn although we have the money i dont think we are ready to dish it out.
on a more realistic level this is what we are going to do this offseason. get players who will step in and help with something right away. everyone is going to have a role. we will replace starters if needed and back ups will play ST or they are not part of our team.
DB's- that being said i would sign Atogwe the FS from the Rams, and keep Hill if he wants to play ST or be a depth/ package back up. Assess J. Allen, i would love to keep him he is a good STer, but his contract is not favorable. Goodman played well this year but it was a bit surprising. DB's take longer to come in and make a difference, as is visable all of our DB's are over 30. bring in Daunte Robinson to play opposite W. Allen. If not get Mcfadden DB, Steelers. We need cb depth for playing teams like NE twice a year who can have a field day throwing on us.
LB's- The FA linebacking crop looks good, and this season ours well....didnt. get rid of crowder, and keep roth only for depth. but most of the guys available now arent going anywhere, ie Ray Lewis. Suggs is a name, however i don't think he will leave and even if he does you have the same thing as porter, someone will have to be moved, and im not a big fan of paying top dollar of a players secondary skill set ie Porter last season. i like Karlos Dansby from Ariz, but there is always the draft.
OL- our line looked great on paper, but key injuries proved costly and we all saw how thin we really were. Satele didnt look like the center we thought he was going to be and carey underachieved all season. i like carey, it think he is better than he played, but well...he didnt play well. i think people underestimate knowlege of the system and that is something he does have going for him. jordan gross is a name to look at for replacing him, but i think carey/gross are similar and i would be fine with keeping whichever would to come cheaper. if we are serious, as we should be, about finding a new center, im not sure FA is the best place to find it. centers are valuable as we know from our lack of a productive one, and any center that would be good enough to replace satele probly wont be let go in FA.
WR- we could bring in veteran leadership, but i think that if you are going to bring in a receiver bring in someone who is going to make a difference. i dont think WR is a huge need, i honestly dont. i like ginn, bess, camarillo, london's upside and i like even using haynos for those fades, that everyone is saying we need a big receiver for. if we are going after someone i guess we would have to take a look at housh, big but not physical. a little too costly for by liking. no doubt he could be an upgrade, but in the end i think he is a just a better version of what we already had. i would rather go for sam hurd the big WR from Dallas, he was hurt all year, but i think he is going to be very solid for a cheap price. i watched hard knocks and this kid was getting a lot of excitement and attention form the coaching staff.

well thats my thoughts feel free to comment, thanks

Free agency pick ups

Free Agency- Now i am not gonna put up a dream free agency just what i see as possible targets and why i think they are targets. So sorry no Haynesworth or Asomugha. Its not sexy but it would vastly improve this team.

Bart Scott- With Suggs and Lewis up as free agents and both will command high money Scott will be the odd man out. Accustomed to the 34 defense could play along side Crowder and since we will have cap space leads me to believe he will be a target this offseason.

Chris Canty- I believe he was drafted by BP so he will def make a serious run at him. This allows him to cut Vonnie and save the cap space for these signings. Again used to a 34 system and can be part of the rotation with Langford, Merling, and Starks as the DE's

Bryant McFadden- A solid addition he is pretty big at 6 foot 190 plays in a 34 system and would be a solid addition to our secondary could be part of a rotation of cb's. plays on the best D in the NFL wouldnt hurt to bring him in. A solid player nothing flashy but a hard worker would fit in on this team

Jordan Gross- Call me crazy i just think that Carolina cant keep him. They tagged him last season and they have a few guys they will probably extend like Williams and they have Peppers among others to sign. This pick obviously means we dont resign Carey so Gross would slide into Carey's vacated spot and be a stud RT for the run game. If he hits the market look for BP to go after him as hard as he can.

I have this and the draft in the draft forum check that out too.....
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f75/offseason-and-draft-2009-please-read-240419.html

Draft:
Many boards have Fins taking a WR in 1st round. I'm not convinced Tuna is in love with these darlings...All we need is 1 game breaking, double cover requiring WR to open up the field for our TE's and Camarillo, Bess.
Doubt Fins spend big bucks on a high risk draft as the WR position has proven to be..i.e.Detroit Lions.

Fins will take best D player available, one who will start immediately vs require developing.

We'll definitely be bigger, faster, stronger!

You do realize that Ginn was double covered a good deal of the season, right? That's a huge reason why Camarillo had the success he had.

isn't Canty kinda redundant?

we spent 2 first day picks on 3-4 DE's last year

Hope we can land some of those guys...

Anyone think we can get any picks for Vonnie? I like the guy for his leadership but his play was not in line with his cap number and I'm pretty sure he won't be back.

isn't Canty kinda redundant?

we spent 2 first day picks on 3-4 DE's last year

I dont think so i think we will trade or release Vonnie. And picking up Canty would give us 4 DE's and what would be huge it would allow us to have a rotation on defense that would lead to fresh guys in the 4th quarter to get after it.

I'd be happy with re-signing VC but if not then go hard after J.Gross and then D.Robinson CB and A.Oshiomogho FS.

Re-sign Crowder, Bell, Goodman and then Hill for depth. I'd even trade a 5th and 7th for T.Holt to add veteran help to the WR core.

Let's draft

1. A.Mack C
2. C.Sintim or L.English OLB
2. D.Johnson CB
3. J.Brinkley ILB
4. T.Taylor NT

I dont think so i think we will trade or release Vonnie. And picking up Canty would give us 4 DE's and what would be huge it would allow us to have a rotation on defense that would lead to fresh guys in the 4th quarter to get after it.

point taken, but I think Canty will get more money from another team that really needs a 3-4 DE

I think we will be more attractive to FA this year I could see one of the Big names landing in South beach.

Let's not forget that CB Chris Gamble, Carolina Panthers will be a free agent as well. So the chances of landing a CB will be great.

Back
Top Bottom