MergedX8:The Free Agency Thread | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MergedX8:The Free Agency Thread

Actually, I read somewhere that Nnamdi can't be tagged again since he made the Pro Bowl. I can't remember where this was, if someone could help me out with that it would be greatly appreciated.

I thought that was Hanyesworth...i could be wrong but are you willing to make him the highest paid CB EVER...i might be willing to do that.

bart scott would be a nice player to add to the defense, also like gross, and mcfadden those would be great pick ups, we can't go after everyone in that top tier of free agent too much money, get maybe 1, and then go to that second tier and get 3 or 4 players there

We need big strong, nasty, mean mother bleepers on this team. I am tired of the softer mr. Nice Guys, cuz them guys haven't done anything for us. If it was me running the show I get some guys like Ray Lewis and Terrel Suggs and more in your face physical, sometimes dirty players to bring that attitude here, that we just do not have! I also think Atogwe, has some of that Ed Reed playmaking ability. He gets picks and forces fumbles.....As far as Bart Scott goes, how much of his play is played off of the Talent around him? Would he be that good with less star power and less nasty and physically tough players with him? I'm not so sure.....but Ray Lewis would, even though he is getting up there age wise, he has that ability to be beastly wherever he would go, he is an animal, but also, a big time student of the game, takes excellent angles and reads offenses and knows ahere to blitz and when. His knowledge would do wonders for our team, IMHO....
Offensively, just like SR7 said, we need Jason Brown. He dominated Jason Ferguson all game long. We must get a powerful run blocking center for this plan to work.

I thought that was Hanyesworth...i could be wrong but are you willing to make him the highest paid CB EVER...i might be willing to do that.
Haynesworth had like five qualifiers that if he met them he couldn't be tagged. It seems like when I read the thing about Nnamdi and the Pro Bowl qualifier before the season started I was thinking "there's no way he'll make it. People only care about stats and won't vote for him." I'm not completely sure, though.

EDIT: Apparently I must have just pulled it out of my butt or something because I can't find the article anywhere. Sorry about that, but if anyone knows where I could find it, I would greatly appreciate your help in my not looking crazy.

I hope we get either Suggs or Scott then just draft Raji in the first round. That alone, depending on how Raji plays, could take our D to another level. Then maybe add McFadden from the Steelers so we can take a guard or center with our next pick or even next two picks.

I hope we get either Suggs or Scott then just draft Raji in the first round. That alone, depending on how Raji plays, could take our D to another level. Then maybe add McFadden from the Steelers so we can take a guard or center with our next pick or even next two picks.

Click the link it will take you to my draft with this offseason. I think you like where i took the draft.

Click the link it will take you to my draft with this offseason. I think you like where i took the draft.

I really like that draft. That would be a dream come true and would solidify our defense and Oline tremendously. That is a very good 1st pick as well but I would like to see a young big guy in there and I hope Parcells can take a DT early this one time and we get Raji.

I'd be happy with re-signing VC but if not then go hard after J.Gross and then D.Robinson CB and A.Oshiomogho FS.

Re-sign Crowder, Bell, Goodman and then Hill for depth. I'd even trade a 5th and 7th for T.Holt to add veteran help to the WR core.

Let's draft

1. A.Mack C
2. C.Sintim or L.English OLB
2. D.Johnson CB
3. J.Brinkley ILB
4. T.Taylor NT

why does every 1 want holt? 1st of all he is going to be cut imho, so why trade any picks for him. he is 32 and will be 33 by the start of next yr. he has cleary lost a step. I rather draft or sign a new wr. I honestly like what we have in camarillo,bess and ginn. Im not a huge fan of ginn but please no not holt.

Ray Lewis is winding down his career, the fish should be for getting YOUNGER FASTER and STRONGER. This isn't madden. Thank goodness Bill don't listen to Maddenites everywhere.

We need big strong, nasty, mean mother bleepers on this team. I am tired of the softer mr. Nice Guys, cuz them guys haven't done anything for us. If it was me running the show I get some guys like Ray Lewis and Terrel Suggs and more in your face physical, sometimes dirty players to bring that attitude here, that we just do not have! I also think Atogwe, has some of that Ed Reed playmaking ability. He gets picks and forces fumbles.....As far as Bart Scott goes, how much of his play is played off of the Talent around him? Would he be that good with less star power and less nasty and physically tough players with him? I'm not so sure.....but Ray Lewis would, even though he is getting up there age wise, he has that ability to be beastly wherever he would go, he is an animal, but also, a big time student of the game, takes excellent angles and reads offenses and knows ahere to blitz and when. His knowledge would do wonders for our team, IMHO....
Offensively, just like SR7 said, we need Jason Brown. He dominated Jason Ferguson all game long. We must get a powerful run blocking center for this plan to work.

The Dolphins won't go anywhere in the future taking yesterdays stars. The next Ray Lewis is out there waiting to be had, no need to go after someone with the years and the cap number.
Bill Parcells did what no other Miami front office management could do, let go Z. Thomas and J. Taylor.
Miami needs to get B IGGER FASTER STRONGER and younger to be tomorrows Champion.

The Dolphins won't go anywhere in the future taking yesterdays stars. The next Ray Lewis is out there waiting to be had, no need to go after someone with the years and the cap number.
Bill Parcells did what no other Miami front office management could do, let go Z. Thomas and J. Taylor.
Miami needs to get B IGGER FASTER STRONGER and younger to be tomorrows Champion.

I agree but young teams do need veteran leadership and getting bigger, faster, strong can mean using the FA market which would really benefit us if we got either Suggs, Scott, Dansby, or McFadden. It may not make us younger but we just pulled off an 11-5 season so were not that far off from being a very good team so FA wouldn't be a bad choice IMO.

What did nice guys Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor do for us?????
I mean what did we really accomplish with them as a team?
Very classy guys, who gave all their heart, and were great in the community, but did we win playoff games with them, how about, something we haven't had which seems like a hundred years....consecutive playoff victories???? No! was it their faul completely, probably not, but still they did and could not help us win.

What we need is winners, whether they are older Vets, or if they are young makes no difference. Lets get an attitude and lets get players in here who others fear going against. We need guys who bring playoff intensity. I think Ray Lewis would bring our defense to another level. Is it worth breaking the bank and the teams cap? No it isnt, but if we can bring in a guy who has those qualities and nastiness that he has we should do whatever we can to do so. I like getting younger guys in here, but when it gets to playoff time, you NEED veterans. We looked like a bunch of golden retriever puppies battling rottweilers and pitbulls! They looked scary good compared to our team.

Give it time, Parcells will do it and mold our team in to a physical and tough team. I am just saying getting a guy intense like him would be wise with his game prep and knowledge of the game, with that aura of Ray Ray and Joey Porter would bring some serious toughness to our team, especially with some more talent drafted on the defense with what we brought in last off season would be great, IMHO!
I am not a maddenite, I dont waste my precious life away on silly video games, not sure why grown ups play little boys games anyways!

Free Agency- Now i am not gonna put up a dream free agency just what i see as possible targets and why i think they are targets. So sorry no Haynesworth or Asomugha. Its not sexy but it would vastly improve this team.

Bart Scott- With Suggs and Lewis up as free agents and both will command high money Scott will be the odd man out. Accustomed to the 34 defense could play along side Crowder and since we will have cap space leads me to believe he will be a target this offseason.

Chris Canty- I believe he was drafted by BP so he will def make a serious run at him. This allows him to cut Vonnie and save the cap space for these signings. Again used to a 34 system and can be part of the rotation with Langford, Merling, and Starks as the DE's

Bryant McFadden- A solid addition he is pretty big at 6 foot 190 plays in a 34 system and would be a solid addition to our secondary could be part of a rotation of cb's. plays on the best D in the NFL wouldnt hurt to bring him in. A solid player nothing flashy but a hard worker would fit in on this team

Jordan Gross- Call me crazy i just think that Carolina cant keep him. They tagged him last season and they have a few guys they will probably extend like Williams and they have Peppers among others to sign. This pick obviously means we dont resign Carey so Gross would slide into Carey's vacated spot and be a stud RT for the run game. If he hits the market look for BP to go after him as hard as he can.

I have this and the draft in the draft forum check that out too.....
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f75/offseason-and-draft-2009-please-read-240419.html

DUDE i love your FA pick ups, the only one i dont see happening is B.Scott, with r.lewis being so old i think they will let lewis walk and resign Scott, although i would love to see him in a phins uni....but i wouldnt mind seeing r.lewis also but only for another season or 2.

bart scott , chris canty in free agency and use the draft for the secondary/ dline and o line. and pick up a potential upsided young talent in free agency.

canu imagine our defense having an upgraded secondary.
lbs porter,crowder,scott

and vamping up d line with draft and o - line some more? wow we would be an immediate contender. we jjust hopefully dotn draft busts,.

Free Agent Speculation

I understand that everyone whats to improve on our 11-5 record this season and make a run at the Super Bowl next year, but signing high priced free agents is not the way to go about it. Check out the Jets, they signed Calvin Pace, Alan Faneca, Damion Woody, and Tony Richardson. They also traded for Brett Favre and Kris Jenkins and you know what it got them? Third place in the AFC East and 13 million dollars over the estimated salary cap. Time and time again the NFL has shown that this is not the way to win.

Bill Parcells, Tony Sparano, and Jeff Ireland are all from the same school of thought. Name one big name, over-priced player that Dallas went out and signed when Parcells was the HC. (other than TO, who Parcells didn't really want) I know that it would be great to see us sign Houshmandzadeh, Jordan Gross, or Asomugha, but it is not going to happen. We will look to sign some lower priced free agents, while resigning our key guys.

I expect us to resign Bell and Goodman. Make offers to Carey and Crowder, but if they demand too much they will be left to walk. I think we continue to build through the draft with our four day one picks. If you think that high price free agents are on this team's radar. You are crazy.

Back
Top Bottom