MergedX8:The Free Agency Thread | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MergedX8:The Free Agency Thread

If that means we can get Asomugha, I'll do my best to find you some naked grapes to go with this GB

9jkmcn-1.jpg

If I wind up homeless, remind me to move to LA.

i hear pacman jones is available....lol

that dirtbag aint worth the trouble

Word on the left coast is no tag for Asomugha. I also heard JT the Brick talking about that as well and he is a Raiders insider. I would love to see him sign here and we definitely have the to do it. I am for drafting guys and developing them, but you never know if that pans out. This team has a chance to run deep in the playoffs next year with the right additions.

If we can't make a trade for Bouldin then I say we sign Devrey Henderson out of New Orleans. Big strong receiver that can work the middle which is the type of receiver that Pennington needs. Plus coming of injury he won't command a lot of money. Next I would like to sign Ray Bucannon (sp), he is a local guy which gives us the edge. He can shut down one side of the field and help out returning punts and kicks. This would allow us to use W. Allen more as a true Strong safety. Suggs and Ray Ray are both free agents so 1 will be gone... Suggs would be a great addition on D. I think the Jason Allen experiment is over I never see any effort or heart in him. Anyway my wish list

1. Bouldin trade if not, if Harrell is available @ 26 take him.
2. Ray Bucannon
3. Devry Henderson
4. 2 yr deal for Ricky
5. Terrell Suggs
6. Spend 2-4th round on OL/DL
7. If Haynesworth or Peppers doesn't get tagged sign one of them.
8. Asomugha

These are in no specific order.

Albert Haynesworth as a NT?

By now, I'm sure everyone knows Haynesworth will be an unrestricted free agent when free agency begins. I would LOVE to have him on the team, but I noticed that the Titans run a 4-3. Would he work in our 3-4 scheme? He seems to have the size for it.

I don't think he'd fit in our 3-4. He's in negotiations with Tennessee anyway, so I don't think we'd even get him.

What did nice guys Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor do for us?????
I mean what did we really accomplish with them as a team?
Very classy guys, who gave all their heart, and were great in the community, but did we win playoff games with them, how about, something we haven't had which seems like a hundred years....consecutive playoff victories???? No! was it their faul completely, probably not, but still they did and could not help us win.

Those two allowed this team to continue to be competitive, you give this team 2 drafts like we had this year with those two, we not only win a playoff game, we go deep in the playoffs if not into the Superbowl.

You really think if right now, this year, just a week ago, if Miami has Zach and Jason on board, that Miami does not beat the Ravens. True, it was the offense this past weekend that lost the game for us, but with Jason there, the Pass-rush becomes more dangerous for the Rookie QB, with Zach, Miami slows down the Ravens run attack, and are way more prepared for whateven the Balt Offense is ready to run, and this game becomes way closer, if not a victory for Miami.

Both Jason and Zach unfortunatly needed to go, but don't believe that this team was not a better team with them, then without them.

I understand that everyone whats to improve on our 11-5 record this season and make a run at the Super Bowl next year, but signing high priced free agents is not the way to go about it. Check out the Jets, they signed Calvin Pace, Alan Faneca, Damion Woody, and Tony Richardson. They also traded for Brett Favre and Kris Jenkins and you know what it got them? Third place in the AFC East and 13 million dollars over the estimated salary cap. Time and time again the NFL has shown that this is not the way to win.

Bill Parcells, Tony Sparano, and Jeff Ireland are all from the same school of thought. Name one big name, over-priced player that Dallas went out and signed when Parcells was the HC. (other than TO, who Parcells didn't really want) I know that it would be great to see us sign Houshmandzadeh, Jordan Gross, or Asomugha, but it is not going to happen. We will look to sign some lower priced free agents, while resigning our key guys.

I expect us to resign Bell and Goodman. Make offers to Carey and Crowder, but if they demand too much they will be left to walk. I think we continue to build through the draft with our four day one picks. If you think that high price free agents are on this team's radar. You are crazy.

Well said. :up:

I understand that everyone whats to improve on our 11-5 record this season and make a run at the Super Bowl next year, but signing high priced free agents is not the way to go about it. Check out the Jets, they signed Calvin Pace, Alan Faneca, Damion Woody, and Tony Richardson. They also traded for Brett Favre and Kris Jenkins and you know what it got them? Third place in the AFC East and 13 million dollars over the estimated salary cap. Time and time again the NFL has shown that this is not the way to win.

Bill Parcells, Tony Sparano, and Jeff Ireland are all from the same school of thought. Name one big name, over-priced player that Dallas went out and signed when Parcells was the HC. (other than TO, who Parcells didn't really want) I know that it would be great to see us sign Houshmandzadeh, Jordan Gross, or Asomugha, but it is not going to happen. We will look to sign some lower priced free agents, while resigning our key guys.

I expect us to resign Bell and Goodman. Make offers to Carey and Crowder, but if they demand too much they will be left to walk. I think we continue to build through the draft with our four day one picks. If you think that high price free agents are on this team's radar. You are crazy.

spending money on free agents is not the problem, its spending money wisely. EVEN big name free agents can be had at the right price.

Every dime of the salary cap we do not spend is a dime we wasted away on nothing.

Do not give big signing bonuses, do not over do it with the roster bonus and spend everything you got on 1)the draft 2)your players and 3) free agents.

then sit back and collect your super bowl trophey
:woot:

He signed L.Davis LT from Ariz to a huge contract only to make him a Guard.

We went hard after C.Pace so I could see us doing the same for T.Suggs, both young studs.

The Jets mistake was giving Faneca a contract you give a 28 year old G, Damion Woody was/is garbage and Farve was obviousily a big mistake.

BP would never do that.

I see the OL as a big priority. Too often you would see our RB breaking tackles to make it back to the line of scrimmage.

no no no, we gotta stop signing low-priced free agents. we did that the past few years and it got us nowhere.

we HAVE to get either TO, Houshmanzadeh, Boldin, or Chad Johnson...just one.

we HAVE to get Haynesworth, Tank, Babineaux, or some other good DT...just one.

we HAVE to get Suggs, Dansby, Scott....just one.

and either Robinson or Atogwe at DB. Perhaps Jordan Gross at RT, move Carey to RG. we have to sign at LEAST 3 of the above names.

some people here are going to go crazy waiting for free agency....we have a pretty long way to go...you guys needs to calm down....lol

Ozzy rules!!

One big thing to note. The Jets added all these high priced big names...TO A 4-12 TEAM!!! If the team was at least average before making those moves they probably would have won the division easily.

I don't quite think this team has as much talent as our 11-5 record would indicate, so I would be all for having another relatively quiet off-season. Just like last year, go after young guys with playing experience who still have room to grow. Improve the general depth of the team, hit another home run in the draft like we did last year and the talent level will continue to rise. Once this team is a serious contender to make a deep playoff run, then you add the big name free agents.

Back
Top Bottom