Miami and X Made a Deal. | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami and X Made a Deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great tandem.

It's tough to have two high level CBs playing together in their prime.
Historically, that is true. It's a necessity when you run so much no help man on the boundaries.

It is a core principle of Flo's philosophy. It allows for so much situational, as well as gameplanning flexibility when, as a coach, you can leave either or both corners on islands at any given time.

Nice job negotiating by our FO without really giving up much to keep our best player happy
I don't know that he is happy....... He's going to live with it.......

Look, if he is healthy and plays well, everyone wins. If not, nobody wins.

Sounds like a reasonable compromise to a tough situation.

Historically, that is true. It's a necessity when you run so much no help man on the boundaries.

It is a core principle of Flo's philosophy. It allows for so much situational, as well as gameplanning flexibility when, as a coach, you can leave either or both corners on islands at any given time.
Sammy Madison and Patty Surtain spring to mind!

I wonder why you feel it's so bad to pay due...
I guess we all have different experiences in life

Such utter nonsense.

How can ANYONE outplay a 5 year contract in year 1? Let alone the contract that was the top paying contract at the time he signed.

X is a top 5, some would argue top 3 CB -- no doubt. Unless teams are allowed to keep the player on contract but change the terms down when a player gets injured or has an off year, players shouldn't be allowed to break the contract up when the have a great year. Odds are, even as great a player as X is, he's unlikely to match last year.

Such utter nonsense.

How can ANYONE outplay a 5 year contract in year 1? Let alone the contract that was the top paying contract at the time he signed.

X is a top 5, some would argue top 3 CB -- no doubt. Unless teams are allowed to keep the player on contract but change the terms down when a player gets injured or has an off year, players shouldn't be allowed to break the contract up when the have a great year. Odds are, even as great a player as X is, he's unlikely to match last year.

As I see it, by qualifying his pay with availability and performance, the Dolphins win if "X" missies many games by reducing his expense to the team. If we get to the Superbowl this year it's a win-win scenario for the player and the team.

I also believe this approach will make "X" more trade worthy next year if he plays well, and while I believe the Dolphins will trade him before training camp begins next year, wither we keep him next year or trade him, the control is in the Dolphins hands, so this contract is a win for the Dolphins.

That's 3 wins for the Dolphins and 1 win for "X". No losers but one clear winner; the Miami Dolphins.

My sincere congratulations to the Front Office for their exceptional "patience" with a prima donna player and their business accumun in generating this well structured contract. I would be surprised if this doesn't become the Dolphins standard contract structure from here on out.

My thanks to "X" for giving the FO an opportunity to find an answer that works when dealing with a dishonest and self aggrandizing personality. This will help us in the future by putting reasonable expectations in availability and performance in exchange for mere money in every contract not already defined b the NFL.

As I see it, by qualifying his pay with availability and performance, the Dolphins win if "X" missies many games by reducing his expense to the team. If we get to the Superbowl this year it's a win-win scenario for the player and the team.

I also believe this approach will make "X" more trade worthy next year if he plays well, and while I believe the Dolphins will trade him before training camp begins next year, wither we keep him next year or trade him, the control is in the Dolphins hands, so this contract is a win for the Dolphins.

That's 3 wins for the Dolphins and 1 win for "X". No losers but one clear winner; the Miami Dolphins.

My sincere congratulations to the Front Office for their exceptional "patience" with a prima donna player and their business accumun in generating this well structured contract. I would be surprised if this doesn't become the Dolphins standard contract structure from here on out.

My thanks to "X" for giving the FO an opportunity to find an answer that works when dealing with a dishonest and self aggrandizing personality. This will help us in the future by putting reasonable expectations in availability and performance in exchange for mere money in every contract not already defined b the NFL.
I agree with you analysis. It doesn’t change my position that the “he out played his contract “ crowd is comically wrong

I agree with you analysis. It doesn’t change my position that the “he out played his contract “ crowd is comically wrong

I avoided a direct reply to that part of your post, but I do agree with it.

I just wanted to limit my reply to the reality the contract dealt with so effectively.

One has nothing to do with the other.

The salary cap is a real thing. It is a budget with which you have to build a team, and it takes close management.

You can't pay everybody top contracts, and you can't just ignore things like injury history and missed large chunks of seasons.
Yes it does.. jackson about get 45. He still need good player around him to win SB...you can pay all these qb 40 million plus but none of them can beat brady.. brady is team first.

Hell of a post Marine!

NFL money for players going up. If players are good u ain't going get deal
Something tells me many of the posters crucifying Grier for not budging on X's deal previously and clamoring for him to get it done, will be many of the same people calling for Grier's head because of that "stupid restructure with 4 years left on his deal" in a year.
If u good u can do it..x is good..good job dolphins.. I guess they learn from Fitzpatrick...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom