Miami and X Made a Deal. | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami and X Made a Deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I see it, by qualifying his pay with availability and performance, the Dolphins win if "X" missies many games by reducing his expense to the team. If we get to the Superbowl this year it's a win-win scenario for the player and the team.

I also believe this approach will make "X" more trade worthy next year if he plays well, and while I believe the Dolphins will trade him before training camp begins next year, wither we keep him next year or trade him, the control is in the Dolphins hands, so this contract is a win for the Dolphins.

That's 3 wins for the Dolphins and 1 win for "X". No losers but one clear winner; the Miami Dolphins.

My sincere congratulations to the Front Office for their exceptional "patience" with a prima donna player and their business accumun in generating this well structured contract. I would be surprised if this doesn't become the Dolphins standard contract structure from here on out.

My thanks to "X" for giving the FO an opportunity to find an answer that works when dealing with a dishonest and self aggrandizing personality. This will help us in the future by putting reasonable expectations in availability and performance in exchange for mere money in every contract not already defined b the NFL.
Ding ding ding.

I had zero sympathy for X in this situation, he was paid not long ago and to renegotiate after what basically amounted to 1 year on a new deal was unprecedented. However, for the messily 3.5ish mil and change they gave him this year it needed to be done and would have been foolish on Miami to trade him. X didn't conduct himself very well and to me that is on his agent, if I was his rep I would have told him to shut the **** up on social media and let me do my job.

I hope he balls out since now Miami has set a beautiful pill in place with the pay for play with escalators and deescalators, X set his bar and when 2022 rolls around this horseshit excuse of "I didn't understand what I signed" ain't gonna fly.

Yeah, umm... X wasn't even the highest paid corner on his own team.

Don't understand this "well he was the highest contact 2 years ago!" nonsense. Why bring it up if it's not even true anymore?

Your contribution to the conversation is that there is no contract inflation over time?

And what isn’t true *anymore*? Was X the highest paid CB or not? The fact that he isn’t the highest paid now means you believe the contract he signed, the contract that lasts for 5 years, has a “I don’t like it any more” clause.

what exactly are you adding to this conversation?

Your contribution to the conversation is that there is no contract inflation over time?

And what isn’t true *anymore*? Was X the highest paid CB or not? The fact that he isn’t the highest paid now means you believe the contract he signed, the contract that lasts for 5 years, has a “I don’t like it any more” clause.

You're the one pretending that there is no ramifications for contract inflation, not me. Contract inflation is precisely why this isn't some crazy ask by Howard.

If you don't believe that there is a "I don't like it any more" clause in ALL contracts, you're being naive.

Lol the 'ol if you don't agree with me, you're not contributing to the conversation bit.

Gee who could've predicted this?

So obvious this was going to get worked out. Hope some of you are happy with your posts from last week, I know I am.

Cave to what?

Players wanting their mommies and to take their ball and go home?

What in the world could this franchise have learned from the Minkah Fitzpatrick situation that assisted them in this year's X situation?

I see this new type of contract as a good thing for the Dolphins organization!

It allowed them to find a contract structure that is fair to both parties and allows them to deal with malcontents in a formally structured contract that protects the team.

Let some bigmouth who had a good year bet on himself. If he wins the team wins, and if he loses the team has real contractual protection in the form of specific goals and wither or not they have been met.

It locks out the argument "I'm better than another player who is making more money" and answers that complaint with a "prove it", based on agreed to qualified performance objectives to be met, such as games played and specific stats particular to the position being played.

So what if the other guy isn't as good as you are & makes more money. Did you just meet the goals in your contract, or did you exceed those goals? That is the only question the team needs to consider

If you meet all those goals, what's the basis for paying you more money? I would anticipate this situation might already be addressed in the new contract. If not, then that it could be easily and clearly addressed by the % increase in the cap, not what the some idiotic NFL team pays an other player.

If you exceed those goals, the floor is open to debate, is your team going to accommodate your new salary demands and why should they?

If those goals are exceeded, case closed. A new contract with new goals and salary are put in place. If no agreement is made you will either be traded or you can take your chance in free agency.

If you don't meet those goals, well, as they say in Russia - Toughski ***tski. It's up to the team to decide if they keep trade you or keep you. If the team decides to keep you, it will be on their terms - take it or leave it!

If this kind of contract structure becomes the structure the Dolphins use for all resigning's and restructurings, then we've effectively found a way to separate a players performance from his ego by defining the level of performance AND his level of availability required before he can get a new contract.

Our Front Office appears to be ahead of the curve in the NFL on this, and that's a good thing!

You're the one pretending that there is no ramifications for contract inflation, not me. Contract inflation is precisely why this isn't some crazy ask by Howard.

If you don't believe that there is a "I don't like it any more" clause in ALL contracts, you're being naive.

read your own posts before your reply. This post is incoherent

well I had a feeling this was going to happen , x really meant what he said when I saw him that day in Ft lauderdale . He wanted to stay in Miami, he always wanted to stay . He has been mentoring Igbo all off season . He didn’t really want much and it’s apparent from the restructuring .

All of you slandering the man , calling him not a team player owe him an apology . Nobody really knows what’s going on but your so quick to tear him down after he produces pro bowl like numbers . Unreal , don’t understand it .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom